Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2001 10:26:41 PM EDT
I was able to get enough money together so I could go eat long pig riblets at Applebees again and in the middle of a fine meal this brit family is seated in the booth behind me. Their conversation started out on what they were doing on holiday here like sightseeing and crap, but then they start in on -you guessed it-guns.

Basically it began with that ukranian guy and how he "shot" his family and then degenerated into nra members are "brutish 25 stone (what the hell is that?) neanderthals" and that people here who own guns "prance around the forest playing soldier with automatic machineguns". The made me lose my appetite and I didn't feel like arguing with the blue bloods however, after I paid the bill I did leave them a 20 psi eye watering gift courtesy of the 3 bean burritos I ate for lunch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You farted!! Oh man thats low.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Imbro - Ya got a better temper than me LOL

After the shot comment, it would have taken every ounce of energy not to pick up a butter knife and show....ahem, I mean 'explain' to the gits what he really did ala Joe Pesci School of Table Manners.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
people here who own guns "prance around the forest playing soldier with automatic machineguns".
View Quote

Hey!  Have they been spying on me?!?

Usually I just prance around my home in my undies playing soldier with my automatic tactical sniper submachineguns.

I hate spiders.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
1 stone= 16 pounds. (or is it 14 pounds?)

I know a fortnight is 14 days.  Don't ask me where THAT gauge of time came from.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew a guy who could make himself throw-up at will.  I never thought he was quite right in the head though, as he practiced his art to a point where he could pretend to cup his mouth with his hands while actually aiming multiple streams of high pressure vomit.  He was alot of fun during situations like this.  Twisted bastard, but effective.

Hey, it would've given them something else to talk about anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Brits! LOL

YEA BABY hehehehehehehe

God@#$%^ F#$%^ing as#$%^&*&^%$#4 commies!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#7]
1 stone = 14 founds (i.e. 5 stone = 90 pounds...)

It has been said that the Americans and the Britons are "a people seperated by a common language" and you have just had that little fiact pointed up to you.  Pity the literacy rate in Britian is falling at a rate comparable to our own - I'd have given them a refresher course (and pointed out the fact that the current offender was not actually American - but Ukranian, and the Ukraine is an area when the the Russian 'Mafiya' is running along at full tilt.  Also, Kolya came in thru Immigration without a full check, as he and his family entered the country under a "Religious Refugee" exemption.  You tell me.)

FFZ
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:08:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Should have slit their throats where they sat (no guns). [xx(]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#9]
1 stone = 14 founds (i.e. 5 stone = 90 pounds...)
View Quote

Actually, 5 stone equal 70 pounds.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
A 'stone' is 12 lbs, usually used to refer to human body weight these days.

My Brit long dead mum was PRO guns and a damn good shot with a pistol.

Gwen in L.A.
American by Birth
Patriot by CHOICE!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]
WTF!!! 25 stone is 350 lbs! Why are people always tormenting me???????
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Imbro - buy a calculator.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I already have a calculator.

[url]www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/dictunit/dictunit.htm[/url]

The U K (Imperial) System of Measurements
14 pounds   = 1 stone
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#16]
My Brit long dead mum was PRO guns and a damn good shot with a pistol.
View Quote

I'm truly sorry to hear about your mum, possum, but it does answer my question about what ever happened to the last good brit on earth....

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Despite their arrogance, the Brits are unknowingly safer in US as crime in the UK has skyrocketed since the gun ban.

"In the best of all possible worlds, a businessman would have a Chinese cook,
live in an English house, make an American salary, and be married to a
Japanese wife.  And the absolute worst situation a man could find himself in?
Eating English food, in a Japanese house, on a Chinese salary, with an
American wife."

shadows
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#18]
MY error, one stone = 14 pounds.

In the best of all worlds, the UK visitors would have been mooned by Imb before he annointed them with gaseous vapors.

bw..I don't believe that about Imb being fat. Pudgy maybe...not fat!

Gwen in L.A.
aka PossumKiller
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#19]
My mother-in-law is British. Her favorite phrase when talking about current events is, "Those ugly Americans at it again." I stirred up some family tension one time when she said that to me and I responded, "Oh really? When was the last time you went to a British soccer game?" She also hates guns so I make it a point to clean one of my AR's on the dining room table when ever she comes to visit. The Brits call our revolution from them "The Uprising" to which I politely reply "An uprising is like a demonstration or a riot, a revolution is where the good guys kill a whole lot of bad guys."

BTW, Do you know why the Brits boil their meat? For the most part they have crappy teeth and can't chew anything. I don't think there can be more than 3 dentists in their whole country.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I already have a calculator.

[url]www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/dictunit/dictunit.htm[/url]

The U K (Imperial) System of Measurements
14 pounds   = 1 stone
View Quote

My fault your mistake
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Why am I being tormented?
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#22]
you should of said "if your gonna talk shit about the US then DONT COME HERE"
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:24:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Earlier this year I was working rescue at a sports car race.  I had an ArmaLite T-shirt and was wearing my Sig cap.  There was a British fellow whose motor home was parked inside the spectator area along the fence at our station.  He noticed my cap and shirt and started ragging on me about guns.  He was not very nice about it.  I told him we did not need him driving around America in his motor home polluting our air (no offense to motor home owners, just this guy), reminded him of who won the Revolution and the War of 1812, and that the Brits tried to disarm us over 200 years ago and it did not work then and it won't work now.  I also reminded him of WWI and WWII and how they loved us being armed then.  He started sputtering, stammering, and cursing all Americans and I finally told him to stop distracting us from our rescue duties or we would have him and his motorhome removed from the track.  I know that last part was probably assinine, but he deserved it and he started it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Bean and Burrito?....Man! Oh! Man!...Talking about Bioligical warfare!...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top