Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2001 5:03:39 PM EDT
I just today started practicing altering images. I am having 2 probelms. Keep in mind I am only using "Paint" and not Photoshop, so that may be the probelm.

Whenever I alter an image, and I drag a "cut" portion across the image, it discolors it.
(see below- See how the top portion is discolored?)

And, how do I save just the "image" part to disk"
See all the excess white in the image?
How do I get rid of that>>?

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/032/ba/ic/Nu/uD87244.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Well you already said it... you are using "Paint". Not the best software around for doing decent edits.

But... the issue is the color resolution is not high enough of one of the images. I can't remember if Paint allows you to increase the color depth or not. Look for it.

For a better solution, I think you can still download a temporary copy of "Paint Shop Pro" from [url]www.jasc.com[/url]. Paint Shop Pro is almost (if not better in some areas) than PhotoShop.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
landon e-mail me. i will burn you copy of
photoshop.i ask nothing in return except
for many more photos of the mall ninja.
i started screwing around with the same thing
today, and paint is not the best way to go.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You need Photoshop bad (BTW how is PSP better than Photoshop?) your colors are too low (bitdepth) the white space on the side is eliminated through cropping, if you can do that in Paint. Plus, Photoshop has lots of tools that let you not only drop images together, but alow you to keep it from looking like images pasted on top of each other but one complete (and realistic) image. BTW 256 colors should be absolute minimum, 16 bit RGB should be your standard. You can email me if you like, I'm a graphic designer, I should be able to help you on your way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
ooh shit paul i forgot, hangfire might be reading this!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't Send Landon any pirated software !

'Ol Hangmonkey might be watching !  [:D]

Goatboy and I have pooled together our entire life savings and ordered a copy of Photoshop 6 from Buy.com to be sent directly to the master wordsmith McLandon!

[BD]  [BD]  [BD]

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
(BTW how is PSP better than Photoshop?)
View Quote

That was just a personal opinion. I don't do heavy duty editing. I just found that PSP was more intuitive for me, and not as much as a memory hog.

The first time I used Photoshop I got all messed up for doing something as simple as making a transparent backgroung on a GIF. Someone pointed me to PSP when it was just starting out, it was a simple 3 click procedure at the time and I was done and happy. I have hooked on PSP since.

Plus since I was one of the early ones that purchased the shareware version a LOOONGGG time ago, I keep getting free upgrades [:)] Think I paid $10 for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top