Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2001 7:15:36 AM EDT
I ran across this little jewel on worldnetdaily.com this morning and at first I thought that the protestors were mad at VP Cheney over some imagined wrong in the RKBA department. see [url]http://www.trib.com/HOMENEWS/STATE/21RepublicansDisarm.html[/url] When I reread the piece, the protestors are mad about the banning of firearms at a convention where VP Cheney is scheduled to speak! Wow, I take a back-seat to no one in matters of CCW, etc., but I'm not certain that I want to see firearms carried at a location where [u]Ted Kennedy[/u] is speaking! The temptation may be too great! And although I love gun shows (loopholes? what loopholes?), and believe that it's the safest place in the country to carry large sums of money openly, I do not want to see George W. at [u]any[/u] gun shows anytime soon. Not because I don't trust US, but because I don't trust THEM! Some creep would come to a gun show for the sole purpose of doing the RKBA irreparable harm! And at a time in our Republic's history when the RKBA is so fragile as to be at the mercy of the next mad man at a school, day care, nursery, I simply don't want to take a chance! Make sense, or am I a weenie?[:D] Eric The(On2ndThought,Don'tAnswerThat!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:21:23 AM EDT
link died on the vine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:25:39 AM EDT
Yes, you make sense. Consider how it looks to those on the fence. When the NRA convention said you couldn't go CCW that sent a powerful(ELITIST) message. So, the biggest gunrights lobbying group and the political party that advocates 2nd Amend. rights(sometimes) both think that it's bad to have guns loose in their big shindigs. These are the same groups that pushed to get the laws in place that allowed the honest goodguy to legally get a CCW. And we think Rosie O' is a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:37:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Make sense, or am I a weenie?[:D] Eric The(On2ndThought,Don'tAnswerThat!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Actually, both! [;)][:D][;)] Just Kidding.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:11:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:13:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:45:07 PM EDT
Since the link is kaput I can't say for sure, but this is probably the same thing that was on the TV news here in Utah. They had an interview with a Utah state senator who always carries. He didn't want to leave his piece at home for the Republican convention that is going to be held soon and attended my the Vice Pres. As many as 500 people at the convention were expected to be "packin'". I'd like to go just to be in such good company! Best. Watch-Six
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:51:55 PM EDT
Reminds me a little of the time Pat Buchanon was campaigning at a gun show. He instructed the SS to let people keep their firearms, but (on their own) the SS went and confiscated all the political signs on sticks. The SS said they were worried about someone poking him with a sharp stick. Some guys put signs on their rifles & that was apparently ok. Silly, Norm
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 1:23:25 PM EDT
I'm not even certain how you would work it at a gun show or at a convention. Considering all the armed citizens in the place, wouldn't we have to agree up front who were going to be the designated 'shooters' in case someone made an attempt on Cheney's or Buchanan's life! Well, at all the gun shows and coventions I've ever attended, there was no such discussion or consensus beforehand. It wasn't even mentioned! So we can rely on the sound discretion of....[u]everyone[/u]? To act responsibly? But can you imagine the confusion generated by, say, a dozen or so impromptu gunmen leaping up and blazing away toward the speaker's dais? I mean how would YOU know which ones are the good guys and which are the assassins? And the Secret Service, THEY can pick out these impromptu gunmen assisting them in their duty to protect the life of the VP, and distinquish them from the bad guys? Under fire? Eric The(GetUnderTheTableClyde!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 1:25:19 PM EDT
Those in important positions in goverment deserve to have all of the security protections that can be given. For example Kalifornia state senator don perata (d-alameda) has a concealed weapons permit which he requires due to being on a hit list of gun owners who are against the gun safety bills he introduces.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 2:26:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: Those in important positions in goverment deserve to have all of the security protections that can be given. For example Kalifornia state senator don perata (d-alameda) has a concealed weapons permit which he requires due to being on a hit list of gun owners who are against the gun safety bills he introduces.
View Quote
Don't forget about Fienstien and her CCW of a .38 BTW: Was that you standing by the kettlecorn booth all day Saturday at the fun show?
Top Top