Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2001 10:11:10 PM EDT
I looked at one at Big 5 and kinda liked it. I've been looking for a .308 plinker and this seemed to fit the bill.  Any known issues or problems?  Thanks in advance. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ratters,

I have a couple of friends that have FR-8's and they both like them. I have an Ishapore Enfield that I bought to shoot up a bunch of surplus ammo and I like that also.

Off of the subject, I know you are into dogs. Last summer when we were still living in the Eastbay my wife's Bull Terrier died. We now live in Montana and I can't find a breeder of Bullies anywhere near here. Do you know of any good Bull Terrier breeders?

Thanks, Buster
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about your loss Buster, and I don't know of any bull terrier breeders.  Lemme go through some of the AKC mags and I'll email what they have.  

I love the bull terrier, friend had one named Pig.  Damn that thing was cute.  Too much dog for me though. [;)]  Don't have enough energy for terriers.

I have a show in a couple weeks and I'll ask some of the exhibitors if they are breeding any time soon as well.

Thanks for the info on the FR-8.  Might pick one up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Damnit, I want one too.
Check thefiringline, there are mixed reviews, but mostly favorable.  
Recommend a rubber butt pad for them, though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a FR-8 and think it is a nice rifle. Some people say to only shoot 7.62 Nato in it to be safe, but it is built on a Mauser 98 action that could originally handle 8mm Mauser which is a pretty stout round.
My FR-8 kicks pretty good so I have been using a slip on recoil pad and it helps alot.
Buy these rifles if you can because everyone needs a bolt action rifle with a flash hider and bayonet lug plus they just look sooo bad!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one and love it. It has a very healthy recoil but is fun to shoot.

Check these out:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=35646[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=29698[/url]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Princeton for the links.

sfoo- they were out of them at the Walnut Creek Big 5 but the guy their said they had a couple at Concord.  Gonna check it out Thursday if there is nothing really good a Traders.  Wife just bought some jewelery so I get to spend a little bit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Concord said the same thing about WC. hmph.
Oh well.  Saw a couple at the last Cow Palace show for decent, but not great prices.  I'll ask slo5oh, he has a relative at Big5....
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I'll check Pinole as that is by me, see what they say.  Traders has Charles Daly .45s for $350 bucks on their ads sometimes and I was thinking about getting one of these and then eventually just stuffing it with Chip McCormick parts.  I guess the Cow Palace show is coming up too.  Oh well, we'll see, just put a couple hundred into dog show entry fees so I gotta check the bank account anyhow. [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top