Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2001 6:34:24 PM EDT
A guy was out at the range Saturday shooting his mouth off about a two round burst being legal for semi. auto rifles.

What’s the real story?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
he was ATF trying to get you to play with him
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not a attorney(thank god :)) but as I understand the law, it is ILLEGAL for a firearm to fire more than one round per operation of the trigger(unless NFA/class3).
I have heard that 2RB can be leagly acheved by using a device that fires 1 round on the PULLING of the trigger and one round on the RELESE of the trigger.
FWIW & YMMV,
Echo6
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Legal if it was made before 86, you pay a $200 tax, and live in a free state.

Otherwise, nope.
View Quote

Just to clarify G-S's post; it had to be made AND registered with BATF on a form 1 (complete with pics, fingerprints and the $200 check).  In other words, if it ain't a registered machinegun, it ain't legal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What’s the real story?
View Quote

what I said earlier and of course the fact you should be sued for "psychological assault" on a federal employee for the disrespect you showed by not going along with his plan to entrap you.

HaHa! Special Agent Imbroglio I caught this violation before you did, we'll see who makes lieutenant.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Wasnt there a kit thing for the AK that made a round set off on the pull and release of the trigger?

Did he have an AK, i dont know how legal they were but have heard of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top