Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2001 2:41:53 PM EDT
Looking at it today, I`d pick Payton Manning..........There`s probably a lot of arguement to this, let`s hear it.......(current/active only please).......[:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Duante Cullpepper  265lb quarterback, arm like a rocket launcher.... winner hands down!

edited because I can't spell "Duante or Cullpepper"
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Best active?
Favre. He has the stats, and the rings.

If this were a fantasy footbal legue?
I'd pick Manning, but that depends if Touchdown passes count for 7 or not. Some leagues only count them as 4- If they are 4, you want to pick a scrambling QB... Usually, touchdowns on the ground count for 6 or 7 depending on the league...
I got my ass kicked one year in a fantasy league by Kordell Stewart, and learned that lesson...

Duante Cullpepper is a bad boy, but he needs time to grow as a QB b4 he can be called the best IMO

[size=5]VIKES FOREVER!![/size=5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Shouldn't this be 'Who is your FAVORITE' quarterback'?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
CULLPEPPER IS THE MAN! VIKES WILL WIN SUPER BOWL
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shouldn't this be 'Who is your FAVORITE' quarterback'?
View Quote
                                          Possibly, but it`s more like........"In your opinion, who is the best talented quarterback"......not necessarily "favorite"............[:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe the hi-cap ban will set before that ever happens.  Or, hell will freeze over, which ever comes first.  Been a Vikes fan for far too long(Born into it-unfortunately).  My all time favorite is also #10, Fran-is-the-man!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Also born into being a Vikes fan....

They are cursed. If they couldn't pull it off in 98 when they were 14-2 with the highest points ever by a team in one season, they never will...

I dont know though...
Moss, Carter (<~~ Gettin old), Cullpepper, that's bad ass..

R. Smith just retired, so they need a back, but Smith was always injured, so I say good riddance to him...
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a lot of us are Vikings fans. I was also born into it. Sir Francis was really fun to watch, so was Mad Joe Kapp (Who by the way is the only QB ever to play in the Rose Bowl, Gray Cup and the Super Bowl). I think in a year or two Dante will be "The Man", nothing like having a QB that is as big as the defensive lineman trying to tackle him.

R.I.P. Big K
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The most physically talented QB is Daunte Culpepper, but Brett Favre is still the best QB in the leaque right now.  Peyton Manning is a great QB, but he folds in big games...has ever since he was at Tennessee.

Edited because MIerinMD is trying to decide whether he's a dumbass or a smartass and I want to do my best to aid in his voyage of self-discovery.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll tell ya what, Manning is pretty damn impressive. Especially for a young quarterback. I think he is the man to watch.

Favre, I've lived Brett for a long time. And it sucks to see him without a good supporting cast. He hasn't looked that well because of it.

I'd have to say that I as far as an all around great QB is concerned, they both qualify.

BTW, not to sound like an ass but you guys are idiots.

Chiefs are obviously going to the superbowl this year, and bringing the trophy back home.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree with Manning.  To be so young, he looks very good.  I see him as having an awesome season if he can stay healthy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The most physically talented QB is Brad Culpepper, but Brett Favre is still the best QB in the leaque right now.  Peyton Manning is a great QB, but he folds in big games...has ever since he was at Tennessee.
View Quote

[b]Brad[/b] Culpepper?  Who does he play for?

I will agree that Daunte Culpepper is the most physically talented QB around.  He is the prototype for the new generation QB's.  Big, beefy, fast as hell and an arm like a rocket launcher.  I love watching him run and just slap DB's around like a drunk Ike Turner on Tina.

Vikes have an awesome offense, but they just can't seem to get the defense together.

I'd stand by them if they only had one player on their team.  Been a Vike fan since '72.

Vikes baby!
[>]:)]

Link Posted: 8/21/2001 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#13]
A rookie quarterback from Virginia Tech is about to start playing this year. His name is Mike Vic. In college, he was one to look out for. I am sure he'll do well in the NFL. I'll give him a few years until he makes a name for himself.
But for now? I have no idea who the "best" (maybe your favorite) quarterback is. I like Culpepper too, but am a Niners fan so Jeff Garcia would have to be the best in my book.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif[/img] BWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAA
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[b]Brad[/b] Culpepper?  Who does he play for?
View Quote

Actually Brad Culpepper was a DT for the Bucs, was cut in the preseason last year and went to the Bears before retiring.  Same division, same last name...just a slip of the fingers.  But I am honored to know you watch my posts so closely.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I think Peyton Manning will be the next Marino. Technically, the most talented QB in the league, just unable to rally a team around him during the playoffs.

I am real interested in seeing Michael Vick play this year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think Peyton Manning will be the next Marino. Technically, the most talented QB in the league, just unable to rally a team around him during the playoffs.
View Quote

I think the difference is, Manning has a hellacious running game, which Marino never did.  I don't think Manning is near the QB Marino was at the beginning of his career.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#18]
All you Favre fans better hope he has a better year this year than he has lately.  He *was* the best, but his sore arm and playing hurt hasn't helped.  So far he looks healthy in preseason.

I am gonna go out on a limb here and mention Brian Griese.  He's really coming along well, which is too bad because I HATE the Broncos.

Also Shaun King occasionally looks good.  When Brad Johnson gets hurt I expect Shaun to do well.  And he has done a much better job of moving the Bucs offense in preseason than multimillionaire Johnson.

How about ELVIS?!?!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I was born into it, and now I am a hardcore STEELERS fan.  Hell, to top it off, I'm Italian to complete the picture (FRANCO'S ITALIAN ARMY!).  

We might have had a good QB if Neil O'jackass-Donnell wouldn't have left for the money.  Now we are stuck with Krybaby Stewart.  Can't complete a pass for his life.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#20]
You guys are forgeting the highest rated QB in the NFL. Thats Brian Griese!  Not too big, so-so arm, slow feet.  But smart and he has that extra something to pull things out. A lot of QBs are more gifted but not as bright.  All the running QBs get hurt sooner or later. Even Culpeppers life in the NFL is limited.  No one cant take that kind of pounding for long. All the QBs in the NFL that lasted a long time were smart and didnt run like a running back.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Disclaimer: I'm from St. Louis

I think Kurt Warner was the best in the NFL before he was injured last season.

When he was fresh, he had nothing to lose, everything to gain, and no fear.

I think he's not as sharp recently, but i still think he's the best.

Fast reads, fast footballs, and accurate as hell.

Not all that quick on his feet, but i still like Warner the best.

Shawn
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
When Jeff George led the Vikings against the Rams in the playoffs I thought he started playing like a monster, he was starting to get it together (even though they lost). I thought he was going to lead them to victory the next season. Then he sold his soul to the Redskins. Dante Culpepper needs some work, but a 265 Lb QB that makes the down almost every time he runs with the ball has got it. Peyton Manning is a great QB. If his line would only protect him more. Every time I watch, the line folds and he has to throw fast and scramble. But when they finnally keep the line together, he's right in there. Only 3 more weeks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Disclaimer: I'm from St. Louis
I think Kurt Warner was the best in the NFL before he was injured last season.
When he was fresh, he had nothing to lose, everything to gain, and no fear.
I think he's not as sharp recently, but i still think he's the best.
Fast reads, fast footballs, and accurate as hell.
Not all that quick on his feet, but i still like Warner the best.
View Quote

I agree that Warner is a hell of a QB.  I think he is close to what Marino would have been with a great RB to go with him.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn it's great to see so many Vikings fans here!!! Duante Cullpepper has alot of talent & potential, I just hope they can finally get their shit together this year. Hopefully Randy Moss has matured some over the summer, he too has alot of potential. I'm afraid that Chris Carter will retire after this year & next year will be a rebuilding year, as in won't do very well.

GO VIKES [>]:)]

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/029/e6/9T/5s/D072769.jpg[/img]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I can believe you people, The Vikes are not that hot(preparing for flame)[:D]. I think Donovan McNabb is a better QB than Culpepper.
McNabb has more starts. They are around the same size, McNabb has good arm(I give Culpepper the edge in this category), But McNabb has better agiliy and has the ability to turn a botched play into a big gain(Not to say Culpepper can't do that with his crew of receivers. McNabb took a crappy ass team last year and took them to the playoffs. The Vikes are suppossed to be Super Bowl contenders.
Eagles are the most underrated team in the NFL.
Just giving credit where credit is due.

My .02
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My all time favorite is also #10, Fran-is-the-man!
View Quote

As I type this, I am sitting within reach of a Coca-cola stained mug stolen from Chili's that Fran the man actually drank from...He also signed a order sheet for me. (I used to bartend there) [size=6] Go Vikes! [/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Just a reminder...
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#28]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fbears%2Egif[/img]

While your reminding people, how about reminding them how many superbowls those purple,Wimpy,little fellas who have to play on carpet inside cuz its too cold outside etc, etc....
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Payton is the man! I hope that the Colts go all the way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:00:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A rookie quarterback from Virginia Tech is about to start playing this year. His name is Mike Vic. In college, he was one to look out for. I am sure he'll do well in the NFL. I'll give him a few years until he makes a name for himself.
But for now? I have no idea who the "best" (maybe your favorite) quarterback is. I like Culpepper too, but am a Niners fan so Jeff Garcia would have to be the best in my book.
View Quote

It is actually Vick, but anyway he is the most tallented QB, at VT he ran a 4.22/40 and he is the fastest person on the Falcons team.  Once he develops a little more "touch" with his passes and learns how to find his recievers better he will be the man- a hall of famer

Go Hokies!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:39:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Isn't anyone going to mention Super Bowl champ Trent Dilfer?  [:E]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Isn't anyone going to mention Super Bowl champ Trent Dilfer?  [:E]
View Quote

Well, Dilfer isn`t bad, but it seems like he might have gotten the "winning the big one disease"....or as I call it....the Jim Mcmann syndrome........Warner is good, but it`s as though the team was on a roll as a unit, and his effectiveness dropped some after the SB.....cullpepper....better be careful...big, yes but it will get him in big trouble too...remember "Bo"?..those linebackers will be gunnin` for him......Favre....he needed a team.....Jeff George.....can throw a football as good as anybody.better than most....would play for me anytime...(being in that position that is).....Vick.....no opinion until he proves himself in the bigs......really hope he does...(ie/todd collins).......a surprise very well could be Brian Griese.....well, we will find out real soon ...injuries ALWAYS nullify everybody`s best hopes/predictions.....[:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#33]
For me there can only be one Tommy Maddox and only one Cade McNown
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fbears%2Egif[/img]

While your reminding people, how about reminding them how many superbowls those purple,Wimpy,little fellas who have to play on carpet inside cuz its too cold outside etc, etc....
View Quote

That's just hurtful. Plain hurtful!

As a Twins fan, I would NEVER bring up the Cubs losing streak.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It is actually Vick, but anyway he is the most tallented QB, at VT he ran a 4.22/40 and he is the fastest person on the Falcons team.  Once he develops a little more "touch" with his passes and learns how to find his recievers better he will be the man- a hall of famer

Go Hokies!
View Quote

Ryan Leaf
Todd Marinovich
Dan McGwire
Blair Thomas
Rick Mirer
shall I continue??

[size=5]VIKES FOREVER!!!![/size=5]

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Hokies!
View Quote

Ryan Leaf
Todd Marinovich
Dan McGwire
Blair Thomas
Rick Mirer
shall I continue??

View Quote

Your right Vick is going to suck, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I like jeff garcia...watchout this is his year..go niners...
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#38]
quincy carter has to be about the luckiest kid to walk the earth.this guy sucks and this guy is going to suck. coach/gm/owner jerry jones has no idea what the hell he is doing, he is ruining the cowboys. jeeeze
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Spectre, Come on, be realistic. The Vikes lost their last 3 games and still finished 6 games ahead of the Bears. Granted the Bears have won a super bowl, but who has won more games in the last 10 years (Vikes 81, Bears 56). Stop trying to live in 1985.

STANDINGS 2000
NFC Central W L T Pct Streak
Minnesota 11 5 0 .688 Lost 3
Tampa Bay 10 6 0 .625 Lost 1
Green Bay 9 7 0 .563 Won 2
Detroit 9 7 0 .563 Lost 1
Chicago 5 11 0 .313 Won 1

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Since all the Marinos, Elways, Youngs, and Aikmans are gone. It's an interesting time. What about Warner or Grbac?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Since all the Marinos, Elways, Youngs, and Aikmans are gone. It's an interesting time. What about Warner or Grbac?
View Quote
                                          Basically, the reason behind this thread!............[:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Hokies!
View Quote

Ryan Leaf
Todd Marinovich
Dan McGwire
Blair Thomas
Rick Mirer
shall I continue??

View Quote

Your right Vick is going to suck, IMO.
View Quote
                                          Micheal Vick, or Gino Toretta?.......(watch out for Drew Brees).........[:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Edited because MIerinMD is trying to decide whether he's a dumbass or a smartass and I want to do my best to aid in his voyage of self-discovery.
View Quote

A rewrite PLUS an additional post for just one reply?  Man, you gotta loosen your tie a notch and relax a bit.  I was just pointing out your typo.  If you bothered to read the rest of my post, I was actually agreeing with what you meant.

Any discovery is aided by those who have gone before us.  I'm glad you're so happy to assist.

Reconxl- McNabb is not too shabby.  Lets just see if he makes it through the year without a torn ACL from the crappy assed turf in his home stadium.

Vikes Baby.....(for the love of God, please let it be this year)[>]:)]

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Agree on Mcnabb also............[:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Spectre, Come on, be realistic. The Vikes lost their last 3 games and still finished 6 games ahead of the Bears. Granted the Bears have won a super bowl, but who has won more games in the last 10 years (Vikes 81, Bears 56). Stop trying to live in 1985.

STANDINGS 2000
NFC Central W L T Pct Streak
Minnesota 11 5 0 .688 Lost 3
Tampa Bay 10 6 0 .625 Lost 1
Green Bay 9 7 0 .563 Won 2
Detroit 9 7 0 .563 Lost 1
Chicago 5 11 0 .313 Won 1

View Quote

At Least I Have a Superbowl Year To Look Back on !!![:D]   not to mention the numerous championships before the superbowl ever showed up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Agree on Mcnabb also............[:)]
View Quote

See someone using some logic.[:)] thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top