Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 9:17:21 AM EDT
 Went to the range the other day and learned a few things. Two older gents,two older rifles and one heck of a spotting scope. The first had a garand, open- sighted,and fired it at the hundred yard bull. I asked to look through his spotter and could not believe how detailed and
clear the image on his 60 power setting was!
I saw the blemishes and indents in the paper and, by the way , 1/4 inch low and 1/4 in left of dead center. The other man used to shoot competitavly and shot his M14 into one inch group at the 200 yard target! Boy, don't I have a long way to go !!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The people I went shooting with had a Kowa 821 with the 20-60x eyepiece. Very nice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Friend of mine has one.  While watching him shoot out to 300 meters with his .260 you can watch the air disturbance as the bullet travels.  Very impressive.  His "Kowa-bunga" as he calls it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Kowa TSN-1 with a 25X LER eyepiece. I just upgraded from a Unertl 24X63. The scope has the best optics I have ever used. While spotting for other shooters I can see .223 bullets going down range and easily see the holes at 300 yards.

Waldo, If your Leupold rifle scope has better optics than your Kowa spotting scope you should send the spotter back to Kowa for a servicing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Waldo, what do you suggest instead?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If anyone has doubts about the quality of a Kowa scope, just ask for opinions in the competition forum. It is the overwhelming choice of competitive shooters.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I shoot in long range competition (tactical division) and Kowa seems to be the standard for everyone in both tactical and service division. Great scopes, IMHO. Of course nothing wrong with Leupold either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top