Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2001 4:23:50 AM EDT
[b]No problem.[/b] What could be just another one of life's crushing defeats may not be such a problem at all. [b]Just get your butt on the boat and come to the United States.[/b] We're not nearly as choosy as the Ukrainian Army might be!
Soltys had been rejected by the Ukrainian army as mentally unfit before he moved to the United States, said Sacramento County sheriff’s Chaplain Frank Russell, who counseled the family Monday. The couple had a history of domestic violence in Ukraine, he said.
View Quote

So, it also appears that Nikoly Soltys also had a little problem with 'domestic violence', heh?
Well, again, no problemo!

Even though he could not legally buy or possess a weapon in the United States, that's simply [b]no[/b] reason he shouldn't be allowed to emigrate to our [i]fair[/i] Country!

I can imagine that the Russian [i]emigre[/i] community in which Soltys lives (and the other five victims liv[u]ed[/u]), might appreciate it greatly if, in the future, the United States tightens up on its immigration policies!

Eric The(YouKnow,TightensUpJustA'Tad')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 4:31:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 4:47:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Post from Garand Shooter -
Eric, this may suprise you, but we agree on this guy.
View Quote

No, Sir, the fact that we agree on THIS guy should be expected. But while you and I quibble about the pros and cons of 'unrestricted' or 'ulimited immigration', the fact is that too many people [b]period[/b] are arriving in our Country, at a rate that is simply too vast for any kind of investigation!

Remember back in 1996, when AlGore, in charge of 'Operation Citizenship' transferred a great number of IRS agents to the INS for the purpose of reducing the 'backlog' of naturalization applications for new citizens (should be read as 'new DemocRat voters').  Even with this added influx of new 'INS' agents, they chose to skip the FBI background checks in order to speed up the process. Guess what happened?

We should at the very minimum require that any new immigrant pass a written test in English, post a bond for costs for the investigation of his background, and either put up a bond to make certain that he doesn't become a welfare recipient as soon as he steps off the plane/boat/whatever or have an employer here, or a family member here put up a bond that is at least sufficient in amount to cover the first several years of living expenses.

And all of this should be accomplished in a US Embassy or Consulate 'over there', not here!

When Silicon Valley syas they're in desperate need of computer programers, etc., what they're really saying is they want cheap foreign nationals who will be willing to work for $40K a year and not some native American college graduate who may be expecting $75K!

There again, if we use your standard and tighten down on all immigrants because one goes bad we better push for stricter controls on gun owners next time one goes bad.
View Quote

How does THAT follow from my post?  That's a [i]non sequitur[/i], if I've ever heard of one. If what I propose it makes good sense, it makes good sense. What the anti's might use as a justification for their arguments, is totally beyond our control.  

The requirements you may have on a stanger coming into your home are surely different that the requirements for the children who live in your home!

Your kids might be schmucks, but they're [u]your[/u] schmucks!  If another schmuck wants to come to your house for room and board, I think it's fair that you tell him, Thanks, but my quota of schmucks has already been reached!

And that's just at your house! Please don't invite any schumcks to come live in mine!

Eric The(Schmuckless,ForNowAtLeast)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]
when my parents came to this country, they didn't speak a word of english, didn't have a dime to their names, and certainly had no "papers" except those supplied by the german prison camp administrators. they were definately a criminal element in their homeland, the USSR, as they were considered traitors for being captured. i'm glad that you, eric, were not at ellis island when they arrived!

i do agree, however, that in this modern age it is easier to do a back-ground check on an individual, and it should be done without exception, prior to any visa being issued. and wellfare, IMO, should be abolished altogether - my parents didn't need it, the crew of the mayflower didn't need it, nobody should get a hand-out.

but please don't bash all immigrants with blanket statements, or set up quotas, if there were no immigrants, we wouldn't be here discussing this, and we certainly would not be doing it in english.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Post from Garand Shooter -
I don't advcate letting millions of folks to come in and freeload, or letting poeple with criminal histories in, as you seem to be worried about. Let em in, and let em either work, go back, or starve.
View Quote

Well, if not 'millions' then let us agree on a number in advance, and [b]stick to it. Period![/b] The numbers are being skewed because it's a whole lot easier for someone to [u]walk[/u] across the border, then to swim, fly, or take the boat here!

And let them 'starve'? I doubt that out of the inate goodness of Americans, none would be left to starve on our streets.

Post from fattym4 -
i'm glad that you, eric, were not at ellis island when they arrived!
View Quote

Not to worry, fattym4, if you were a genuine war refugee, following WWII, then you would have qualified under the 'captive nation' clause in [b]Eric The Hun's Immigration Policy Made Simple.[/b]

Inability to read and speak English was NEVER a problem before, but it has certainly become one NOW. American resources in education are already stretched pretty thin. If we take upon ourselves the duty to teach English to the whole World, I'm afraid no one here's gonna get much of an education.

But who [b]now[/b] doesn't learn to speak English in their native schools?  And if you're not learning English, I can guarantee that you are not being taught [b]anything[/b] that would prepare you for life in the US. Sorry.

Post from fattym4 -
but please don't bash all immigrants with blanket statements, or set up quotas...
View Quote

But who's bashing immigrants? Not I.  I simply want a predictable number, 'pre-approved' and without any criminal background (based on US notions of what constitutes 'criminal' acts, not on some other country's ideas of crimes).

And without quotas, how can we keep immigration predictable?

You must admit that the power shortages on the Left Coast this summer has been due, in part, to the fact that California's population has risen at a rate that far exceeded planning. The number of new immigrants to that state has been set at 1.75 million since 1994!  

How do you plan for something like that? It's really simple - [u]YOU CONTROL YOUR BORDERS![/u]

Eric The(NoMore'HuddledMasses'Please)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#7]
i don't know, i just have a bad association with the word "quota" - kinda reminds me of affirmative action, and all that.

aside: do you really think that the energy problems in the PRK were caused by anyone but self-serving liberal lawmakers?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Post from fattym4 -
i just have a bad association with the word "quota"
View Quote

Well, same here, but then again 'liberal' used to be a very nice word.  And don't even get me started on 'gay.'

do you really think that the energy problems in the PRK were caused by anyone but self-serving liberal lawmakers?
View Quote

Of course, but they're ALWAYS the problem. Do you really think that the flood of immigrants into California didn't exacerbate the problem?

Eric The(WeCouldJustUseTheWord'Goals')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
no, please don't sugar coat any words!!! no goals! if you want quotas, lobby for quotas! [:)] ...friendly fire sounds nice, but i sure don't want any!

the influx of PEOPLE exacerbated the problem - silicon valley would still be there whether it was cheap immigrant labor, or high-end union labor. there was bad planning from the get-go, and the INDUSTRIES and the leadership of the PRK turned an energy problem into an energy crisis, IMHO...

fatty(i like your style)m4
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I think you guys are right,...What this country needs is more Immigrants,more Prisons,and more Nuclear Power Plants,.......but not in my back yard...[>Q]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top