Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2001 6:32:34 PM EDT
My uncle was buried today, I was a palbearer(sp?). He was a vet from Vietnam, Air Force Special Ops (not sure which one but he spoke about being with Green Berets behind enemy lines, maybe one of you guys know which group that would be). The sad part is that it was suicide... he was troubled for years after his daughter died of cancer at 12 years old. I guess he just had enough of this life. He was a good guy, a MENSA member and a world class competition marksman. I know suicide is a sin, this has troubled me a lot, but I know god is merciful. Hope I could get a few prayers for him, for mercy. His name was John Van Lund, & he did his duty for his country & did his best for everyone he knew.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sumo2000, I am sorry for your loss. See Strikers post on a related topic tonight. I also lost an uncle who was a vet last December and Strikers post really struck a chord with me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My condolences. I know a little of how you must feel.

Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sumo2000, I'm sorry for your loss.  You will be in my prayers.  Depression is a clinical condition, not always caused by our shortcomings (sin).  God understands pain better than any of us can even imagine.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for your loss.  It is difficult to lose a family member to suicide.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 1:50:43 AM EDT
[#5]
May God take him into his bossum, and may you be comforted.
i was raised Catholic and understand your concern.
may the Lord be with you.
BB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top