Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2001 11:37:27 AM EDT
I've heard this term every now and then in reference to pistols and rifles both, what's it mean? anyone have pics of a spacegun?
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#1]
In a rifle it's an AR set up to shoot the match rifle class in NRA Highpower. Looks like something from outerspace. Never heard a pistol called a spacegun, but have heard them called RaceGuns. Same concept though. Highly modified pistols.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#2]
When I went to have my flat top Ar rebarreld at Krieger Barrels, thier tech guy said "So you want a space gun?" to which he gave the same explanation as becool did.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone called my little tack driver a "space gun".  Hey, don't make fun of the optics, I'm working on it. [:D]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Stealth%2FBull1%2EJPG[/img]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Someone called my little tack driver a "space gun".  Hey, don't make fun of the optics, I'm working on it. [:D]
View Quote

Whats wrong with your optics???
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

It's one of those really cheap high power scopes, that performs like a really cheap high power scope.  [:D]

It holds a zero, but the clarity is seriously lacking and the 1/8 MOA click adjustments are more like 1/(6.75) MOA adjustments.

It helps define the rule.... you get what you pay for.

Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I think of "space guns" as being the NRA match rifle configuration with iron sights and when they've built an adjustable stock all off the buffer tube but have excluded the typical A2 plastic buttstock, they also typically have the requesite handstop built into the freefloat tube, plus they've got the bubble levels and high dollar match iron sights.    The things definitely look like some sort of Frankenrifle.

But I've also heard of space guns as being described as just really accurate full tilt AR15s with the standard freefloat tube and high dollar match barrel.   Basically what everyone's seen with respects to scoped flattop and freefloated AR15s, wicked looking but atleast they retain some beauty where as the NRA match rifles can just get DOWNRIGHT FUGLY!

But generally the space guns are your more, or most, accurate AR15s.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.jpar15.com/gr3grn.gif[/img]

Space gun.  'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.jpar15.com/gr3grn.gif[/img]

Space gun.  'Nuff said.
View Quote

Now THAT'S a space gun!
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://home.pressroom.com/philips/pulser/2000-01-16-08.jpg[/img]

Superior space gun.  M-41A 10mm pulse-rifle, over and under with a 30mm pump-action   grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

It's one of those really cheap high power scopes, that performs like a really cheap high power scope.  [:D]

It holds a zero, but the clarity is seriously lacking and the 1/8 MOA click adjustments are more like 1/(6.75) MOA adjustments.

It helps define the rule.... you get what you pay for.

View Quote

It looks alot like what I have on my 700VS, 8-36 simmons, I don't use more than 24x at 100 yards or it gets too cloudy ( I think its because the 44m objective doesn't allow anough light for that high of a power ), yep the 1/8 MOA are about the same as yours.  but it does hold a zero.  Someday I will get something better.... ( I wish I still had my Unertl, I would have had it tapped for bases...  Any opinions on Nikon, I think thats what I will put on it, I liked the couple I looked at..

~Bob  
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]
There is something "Awful Evil" looking about these guns. Here come's the next "Post Pre-Ban" law.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Now, now. There's only one space gun.

[img]http://www.classicfirearms.org/images/Gyrojet.jpg [/img]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 4:46:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Larger than life, and twice as ugly. [rolleyes]
[img]www.ferret50.com/graphics/photos/large_view.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Cool. But someone just had to put a thumbhole on an AR now THEY know it can be done!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Geez, I guess none of you ever watch Marvin The Martian vs. Bugs Bunny.

The pistol that has the nick name Space Gun is a Hi-Standard .22. It has a somewhat thin barrel with a big fat muzzel brake and really odd weights that attach to the bottom of the barrel. When it is all decked out it looks like a space gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top