Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2001 10:24:05 PM EDT
Just got done watching "The Outer Limits" on Fox.  It was about an alien who comes to Earth with a spiffy gun that gives men invulnerability and is super powerful.  The hero and the villian both get the guns (which are junked-up Glocks) which upon firing begin to bond with them making the gun part of their bodies.

In the end the hero gets rid of the gun attached to his arm by not killing the badly wounded villian.

The last scene shows the alien at a gun show behind a table of guns and a guy asks, "I'm looking for something more powerful."  

And what is the moral of this story?  The mere handling of a firearm will turn any normally rational human being into a total homicidal maniac drunk on the power that a gun gives them.

[-!-]Fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, saw that last night.  Typical liberal POS but if you notice, guns did save the day in the story.  Love the whole gunshow dig.  The show is not a FOX one though, it is syndicated.  I watch it on a CBS channel.  I think these might have been originally produced by Showtime.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The new episodes are being produced by the scifi channel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
There are a lot of anti gun themes in the new "The Outer Limits" series. I get the impression most are filmed in Canada and feature Canadian actors. I wonder why they're so biased?[:D] I wouldn't mind the antis point of view if it were balanced with episodes protraying a positive/constructive use of weapons, but then that would be fair. I'm a big SciFi fan, but all the new SciFi series on T.V. suck and have alot of antigun themes in them. Almost all the SciFi books I read growing up were progun or at least pro self defense.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Not _all_ of the new Sci-Fi series suck.  There are a few on the SciFi channel worth watching IMO: Farscape, Lexx, and Invisible Man.  I hear First Wave isn't too bad either...
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Farscape can't be anti gun. The episode 3 weeks ago had more gun play than any tv show I've seen in years (okay, they're pulse guns, but they're still cool)

Plus they had one of the characters (rygel) operating artillery. After a miss he said 'forgot to adjust for windage'.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Anti-gun, Sci-Fi stuff has been around a very long time.

"The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1950s)...all about disarming the planet & living in peace...or being "obliterated" by the aliens if we chose to extend our "violence" beyond the scope of our planet.

Similar to the liberals claiming "disarm or else...we will send it blue helmets to forcibly disarm you..."  Liberal logic at its finest.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
H.L. Mencken
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep [:D] its a fantastic show

The lead character in Invisible Man said in the 2nd or 3rd episode "When you get shot you don't go after the bullet manufacturer, you go after the shooter" (something like that...)

And in Lexx - the 'bad guys' right now happen to be the ATF, very comical.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Farscape Rules!  It's the best Sci-Fi program on TV!

David

[rail]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#9]
The outer limits was brought back by Showtime a few years ago, and is now being done by The Sci-Fi Network.  I remember one a few years ago where aliens land and address the United Nations saying that we were one of their experiments, and that we had failed to produce results so we were going to be destroyed.  The UN delegates begged and pleaded for just 24 hours to set things right and save the planet, and over that 24 hours they worked out a plan for world peace which was signed by all countries.  The only problem was that when the aliens came back, they informed the UN folks that the reason they were going to destroy us was not because we were too violent, but because we were not violent enough.  They had planned for us to act as an army.  And since they worked out a plan for world peace, they proved they were unworthy to live and the planet was destroyed. A bit twisted, but I thought it was an excellent show. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Sci-Fi on right now is the best it's been in years in my opinion, Earth: Final Conflict is a great show, and Stargate is awsome (and neither is anti-gun). They are prolly the best shows on since they cancled Babylon 5 and Space: Above and beyond. I look forward to seeing the new trek series aswell.

[rail]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#11]
i used to the Sci Fi channel then i noticed how the butchered some of my Favorite anime's
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I am just glad no one is rerunning that anti-cop show "V".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top