Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2001 8:13:41 PM EDT
in every shot that showed a federal agent with a gun it was edited out. read it on fox news PC Patrol, also check out the archives of this column if you've never read it before, it'll make you super-pissed though I warn you.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,32488,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if they edited out the 'penis breath' comment that one of the brothers made at the dinner table?  I always thought that comment had no place whatsoever in a children's movie.

Look how it scarred Drew Barrymore for life, judging by her 'National Enquirer' lifestyle in the years thereafter![:D]

Eric The('CourseIGuessItDidMakeHerSelfConsciousOfHerBreathAtAllTimes)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Look how it scarred Drew Barrymore for life, judging by her 'National Enquirer' lifestyle in the years thereafter![:D]

Eric The('CourseIGuessItDidMakeHerSelfConsciousOfHerBreathAtAllTimes)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

LMFAO!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!
In 20 years maybe [i]Saving Private Ryan[/i]
will be re-released as a special edition
with all of the guns removed.

Viewers will be held in awe by
epic re-mastered footage an old guy
and his family visiting
a cemetary
and a flashback church scene.

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
They are just trying to make the movie more realistic.  Could you imagine the federal govt. coming in and waving guns at kids?  I sure can't.

Never seen the movie BTW.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Fern-Fondlers on the Warpath

A weekly newspaper in Mariposa, Calif., The Gazette, was forced to apologize and almost had its contract to print legal notices yanked by the county for accidentally referring to local Democrats as fern-fondlers, reports the San Francisco Chronicle.

The line showed up at the tail end of a routine item announcing a meeting of the Mariposa Democratic Club. The item ended with a list of phone numbers telling readers where to get more information, but a prankster within the paper added, [b]"or tap any tree-hugging, egg-sucking, fern fondling local liberal on the shoulder, because they know everything there is to know anyway."[/b]

Gazette Publisher R.D. Tucker printed an apology, saying it was "an unfortunate, irresponsible" and "totally inappropriate" mistake. The offending line, he said, was "meant to be a good-natured barb between two employees who have differing political views" and accidentally made it into the paper.

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[b]"or tap any tree-hugging, egg-sucking, fern fondling local liberal on the shoulder, because they know everything there is to know anyway."[/b]
View Quote

Once again I am forced to LMFAO!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They are just trying to make the movie more realistic.  Could you imagine the federal govt. coming in and waving guns at kids?  I sure can't.

View Quote

I agree %100. They are just trying to correct the mistake Spielberg originally made in the film. Whoever heard of Federal agents swarming a suburban kid's house brandishing weapons???[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Seriously.
E.T. [i]is[/i] an alien
so viewers should [i]expect[/i] to see INS
agents with MP5's.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seriously.
E.T. [i]is[/i] an alien
so viewers should [i]expect[/i] to see INS
agents with MP5's.
View Quote

Then maybe spielberg can add footage of janet reno calling elliot to keep him occupied while the agents raid their home?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess you missed the Elian Gonazalez escapades last year, culminating with sub-machine gun toting Feds rushing in to "save" the boy and ensure he leads a long and prosperous life in.......   Cuba.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#12]
ArChoo-- "EXCELLENT"(said in the same tone as that d@mn kid in the computer commercial).

They ARE a bunch of egg-sucking fern-fondlers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Sorry Ratters, but in this day and age, I could see the federal government running in, waving guns at children.

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#14]
The federal govt already waves guns at children.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#15]
damn people dont know sarcasm when u hear it

anyway i dont like E.T. anyway

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top