Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2001 6:58:23 PM EDT
Hey! I just left another site and some guys over there said they had seen the 180B at Camp Perry,
it looked awful.They complained about the finishand said it looked "cheap".This was coming from guys who said they've owned all three prebans.I find it hard to beleive,I've seen too many of A'lites products.What gives?For those of you who have seen the rifle is this true? I
don't intended on getting one but was just wondering how it really does compare to the prebans.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Every comment I have read from those who saw it at Camp Perry have said it looked marvelous.  Gee, what was the other site.  Wouldn't be any bias or jealousy involved?  I currently have one of each of the three original prebans.  I will give you a review when I get mine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Dealer price is only $ 480, Can't be any worse than those nasty looking Oly Plinker's for $ 550. Still there about half the cost of a decent AR and a 3rd of a nice preban Costa Mesa 180. I'll hold final judgment till mine arrives !!!!!! Tan....
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey maybe it does look cheap.  Remember the AR15 is forged from alloy, the AR18 upper is stamped from steel and welded.  Part of its appeal is that businesslike non-pretty appearance.  Like an AK.

I'll be kicking the tires extensively when I first see an AR180B.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]
No matter what it looks like, I hope mine comes in before the October projected arrival.  i have been waiting since way to long already.

OSA
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I was over at the FAL site,the guy read as if he was being honest.It did'nt read as if there was an hidden agenda.A guy was aking about 180s in general,he asked about all three prebans the 180B.If I recall correctly another guy second the "cheap looking"comment.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was over at the FAL site,the guy read as if he was being honest.It did'nt read as if there was an hidden agenda.A guy was aking about 180s in general,he asked about all three prebans the 180B.If I recall correctly another guy second the "cheap looking"comment.
View Quote

There is one guy, a dealer from Ohio, who took several swipes at the 180, but he also slammed the originals, so he just doesn't like the 180 and does have an agenda.  Comments such as

A few here may disagree, but upon my inspection of this new Armalite AR180 offering at Camp Perry, stick with the current design, the AR15. You wont regret that decision.

The new Armalite not only LOOKS cheap, but feels cheap too. At a price of $129 dealer (NOT!) I would still not be interested.

Just my opinion. If the 180 was such a fab design, where is it in year 2001?
View Quote

and

Panchop said:
I'll orbly get the new one when its relesed.I think all AR-180s feel kinda cheap because of the way they are manufactered.

Well then you are gonna LOVE the new Armalite AR180! That plastic lower really is cool, but the handguards are the clincher.
View Quote

The sarcasm is quite obvious and he sounds like he has some AR15's he needs to sell.  But nooooo, he has no agenda....NOT!  Oh, he was being honest, he just doesn't like stamped guns.

The other guy, jon, was referring to the 'cheap' price for the new one.

One guy slamming it and five guys praising it, but he has no agenda.  Maybe he is not the only one with an agenda.  The finish was never brought up, just the same guy bitching about the polymer lower, calling it plastic.  He probably thinks the polymer lower on Glocks is wonderful, but not on the 180B, but he has no agenda.  The only preban 180 owner who said anything bad was about parts availability and price of the originals, after he (dean) praised it as a great rifle.

There was also a guy here on ar15.com who, on your post about the robinson m96, posted that he saw it at camp perry and he thought it was awesome.  Go figure, but we should not listen to him but only listen to the other guy with no agenda.....NOT.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Well thank you LarryG,I was almost asleep when I read it.I was trying to stay awake at a second job.I still did'nt detect the sarcasism in his post,thanks for clearing that up.I did detect a little in yours though.My mistake for not reading the guys post correctly,like I said I was almost asleep.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
What!  ME! Sarcastic????  Never! [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top