Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2001 3:53:06 PM EDT
After reading reviews and reading over all the info and checking out the screenshots. I'm am excited about the U.S. release of Operation Flashpoint in Sept.
More info at:
[url]http://www.flashpoint1985.com/[/url]

Some cool screenshots:
(worth the wait!)
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/reconxl%2Fflash1%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/reconxl%2Fflash2%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/reconxl%2Fflash3%2Ejpg[/img]
My Favorite Pic....
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/reconxl%2Fflash4%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/reconxl%2Fflash5%2Ejpg[/img]

I like to call it the Cold War in a box.

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It's Delta Force 3 on a larger scale. Period.

I have gotten the oppurtunity to play the Euro version and was wholly unimpressed. It's guns are [i]balanced[/i] for gameplay, and the ballistics are shoddy at best. The vehicles...well, they're laughable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone had any experience with this game below?

[url]http://www.tanksim.com/download.htm[/url]

Was thinking of ordering it, but backed off.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a copy of Operation Flashpoint in June, its been for sale in Europe since June 15th. It was about 40 bucks with shipping, I'm sure it will be more than that when it migrates over here next month. Pretty cool game had a bunch of problems but i figure they will patch most em of when the US release draws near. I love driving around in captured cars/trucks

Star Wars Galaxies is going to be very cool as long as George Lucas has nothing to do with it. We got lucky that Leigh Bracket wrote empire strikes back instead of Lucas. Can you imagine if Lucas wrote empire?  I've been collecting star wars stuff since the 70s and I can say Lucas should be kept in a Chinese prison for the rest of his days.

SW Galaxies is being made in Texas by many of the same people who were building UO2:Origin. Rpgs can either be level based or skill based and thankfully they are making this one skill based. It has a very slick engine, on par with Asheron Call2 engine and seems to be moving along ok in a pre-alpha stage. This game wont be out for at least a year probably 2. Verant doesn't have the same latitude they had in Everquest. They cant just say well close enough and ship it, the fan base would go nuts. I wish them the best of luck they are going to need it

Paper

PS my Transhodan Hunter/DarkJedi has wookie scalps for sale=)

Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone had any experience with this game below?

[url]http://www.tanksim.com/download.htm[/url]

Was thinking of ordering it, but backed off.
View Quote
 Steel Beasts is THE tank sim out! It comes closer to the real thing than any other tankin' game. A lot of the people involved in development are US Army, and designed all the senarios.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Been playing OpFlash since the release over here, with the latest patches released. I have no problems with it whatsoever.

Running this game on an Athlon 1200 256mb SB128 soundcard and a Geforce2GTS graphics card in maximum detail settings without so much as a stutter.

Kuiper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top