Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2001 10:09:54 AM EDT
I was at the White House about 2 weeks ago, the morning GWB was boarding Marine 1 on the way to his physical and vacation. After bicycle cops cleared the sidewalk near the south lawn, a bunch of ninja suited SS guys climbed up on the berms behind the fence to keep an eye on the crowd while Marine 1 landed and picked up GWB. The SS guy nearest me was carrying his MP-5 with his hand on the pistol grip, under a large nylon flap that kept it mostly hidden. He also had 2 heavily loaded duffel bags about 36" long, 16" wide and 14" deep slung over his right shoulder (he was right handed).

After Marine 1 left with GWB, and the SS guys relaxed a bit, I asked him what was in the bag. He looked me over (I noticed him check out the Team AR-15.com logo on my shirt [;)]), smiled a little, shook his head, and walked away.

Since he carried plenty of spare mags on his vest, I'm guessing there was probably some kind of light anti-armor or maybe even anti-aircraft weapons in the bags. Anybody have a better guess?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
As a Tom Clancy fan my first guess would be AA.  

Eddie
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Combat Guns And Infantry Weapons says the Stinger missle is "1.52 meters" long.  The pic of the launcher looks even longer than that...

Missle weight 10.1 kg
Launcher weight 5.6 kg

My WAG(wild assed guess..) is Stinger and reload, depending on how accurate your length estimate is.

I really gotta move the computer closer to the library...
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
No way the bag was any more than 36" long. That rules out a Stinger, I'd say.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Did he want to order a TEAM shirt?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did he want to order a TEAM shirt?
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, that's cool. Here's my brush with SS. Years ago when I was beginning my TV career in Palm Springs, we had Betty Ford in studio (great, gracious lady). She came in with 2 SS guys. After miking her, I was silly enough to try and strike up a conversation with one of the guys by asking, "So you guys carry 9mm or .45 or what?" while staring at the bulge under his jacket. The guy, an older guy, just stared at me and looked away. I guess he pretty much sized me a a small-fry non-threat not even worth a back-hand, hehe.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I've worked joint investigations with the Secret Service, FBI, ATF, DEA, Postal Inspectors, IRS CID, And even the Dept of Agriculture. The Secret Service as an agency by far is head and shoulders above the rest. I found their agents to be better investigators because they are more open minded and not as publicly arrogant as the alphabets. They see local law enforcement pretty much as equals intellectualy speaking. Meaning they don't think they are smarter or wiser than you and simply brush off your experience and street savy. They understand that no one knows the community better than local cops. They don't step on their dicks very often like the alphabets do. For those who don't know, the Secret Service does a lot of investigating for the Treasury Dept. not just dignitary security. The Presidents are in good hands.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#9]
It was Bush in the bad, that way the commies can shoot at the guy they they think is the pres. and ....HA HA it's not!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top