Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/13/2006 11:36:11 AM EDT
peasant > stick > nest > hornets. This is the third AK I've owned and I have to say that "I just don't care for the things." There, I said it and I feel better now. The AR on the other hand really gets me going. I can't wait to get back to the range and shoot my A2 at 250 yards. The target is already in the back of my truck! The AK is just a blaster though. I mean, how do you people do it? This is not meant to say that one is "better" than the other. The AR is just more of a rifleman's rifle. Just checking to see if anybody AGREES with me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]

I have no interest in AK's.  I understand their capabilities, I've fired them on numerous occasions - and they do nothing for me.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried applying a heavy coating of Tapco accessories?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#3]
But they are MADE for peasants...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#4]
they're more fun if you build them yourself
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I can get into any gun...

guess I'm a gun nut

that being said...

comparing AKs and ARs would be like comparing a fudgesicle and a nice cream brule'

I see where you're coming from though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have you tried appyling a heavy coating of Tapco accessories?  

The only way to jazz up an other wise plain AK!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I love AK's

Try shooting an Arsenal Inc. SA M5s in 5.56mm and you will be in love too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I really like my vepr it is pretty accurate and talk about easy to clean.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I like my ARs much more but AKs have been growing on me lately.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#12]
For me, the AK is just raw fun. It's like you looked up the definition of "Gun" and built that to the T -- that's the AK. That said, I'm slowly making my way to the Black side -- I've realized the epicness of the AR (despite having owned one for years).

I'm an equal opportunity shooter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#13]

i love my AK's. i'd love 'em more if i could find some damned ammo though...

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I never found much interest in them either....

I figure if I want to throw an AK fire pattern down range....I'll just use the Rem1100 and some 00 buckshot and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mccord.ourmemorybox.com/images/peasants.gif

trogdar!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I really like my vepr it is pretty accurate and talk about easy to clean.

What is this "clean" you speak of?

And thus we find the "true" difference between the AR and AK.

not including accuracy....of course

or modularity...

or weight...

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I just can't use the sights. Hate those sights.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#20]
If I brought home an AK, my dad would kick me out of the house.  Aparently he doesn't like them because of some VC assholes shooting them at him...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Anybody Else That Can't Get Into AK's ?  

Excellent!..................MORE for ME!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I plan on picking one up in the future, but I truly *enjoy* shooting my ARs, they just feel right to me. AK's to me are rather uncomfortable, but I like the history and the functionality of them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#23]
No interest here. I'll shoot ones belonging to friends but dont care to buy one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I own a couple AK's and enjoy shooting them, but they just do not feel as comfortable as an AR to me but if you get to shoot an AK in full auto WOW its a blast, and thats what they were made for spraying lots of big chunks of  lead!  thats my .02 anyway!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#25]

ABSOLUTE FUN!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1

If I wanted to shoot with WW-1 type sights, I'll use one of my Mausers or Enfields.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I enjoy shooting the ones that don't slap the shit out of my trigger finger.

Other than that, I think they're the cat's ass. Oh, and the sights SUUUUUUUCK!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I like both and am comfortable with both, but I like my AR just a little better.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I stated why I cant get into Ak's here, they teased me (us)

wow, that was harsh.

all those "lego" comments....the humanity!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I resisted for many years, but finally bought a SAR 1 several years ago.  I just bought a Polish underfolder kit from SG.  Now I need to get it built.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#32]
To each his own. You have to look at what function you want the gun to fulfill.

AKs are unstoppable and plenty accurate for what they were designed to do.

ARs are accurate and customizable.

If you want something that can shoot the center out of a bullseye and accessorize with all kinds of gadgets then the AR is better. If you want something that you rely on to function under any circumstances then the AK may be better.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

If I wanted to shoot with WW-1 type sights, I'll use one of my Mausers or Enfields.  

+2

I got out of AK due to the sight system.  I don't yet have AR, as Govt will soon supply one for me.

So I am stuck in the purgatory with FALs.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I have no interest in AK's.  I understand their capabilities, I've fired them on numerous occasions - and they do nothing for me.

exactally my feelings on the subject
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#35]

HH
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mccord.ourmemorybox.com/images/peasants.gif

trogdar!!!!!!

....the BURNINATOR!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#37]
They are OK but never owned one. Oh yeah, try and find ammo.....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I understand why some feel that way. I started with ARs and then got into AKs. They both have their place, their pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses.

I carried an AK today for a couple of hours while hiking in the forest about my home.  It saved my life while doing so once before. I am a huge fan. Of ARs, AKs and FALs. If I could afford an MP5 I'd be of fan of those also!

To each their own however. I am sure you can sell them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
To each his own. You have to look at what function you want the gun to fulfill.

AKs are unstoppable and plenty accurate for what they were designed to do.

ARs are accurate and customizable.

If you want something that can shoot the center out of a bullseye and accessorize with all kinds of gadgets then the AR is better. If you want something that you rely on to function under any circumstances then the AK may be better any number of semi-auto battle rifles will fit the bill.

Most good semi-auto combat rifles are dependable when built well and proper parts are used.  For all the AKs legendary reliability....  some days I see tricked out ARs that rattle off hundreds of rounds and an AK that is stopped every third round.   Sometimes I see a FAL that won't run and an SKS that never quits.  Sometimes an M1 is acting up where an CETME is rocking and rolling all afternoon.  Sometimes an AR is jamming every other round and an AK is running like a raped ape.

I won't trust any mechanical device until it has proven itself to me.  Even then it can still fail at the worst possible moment because everything that ever broke was working just fine until it broke.  Use common sense and select the weapon that you enjoy and has proven reliable.  If that's an AR, AK, SKS, FAL, CETME, PTR-91, M1A, M14, whatever, so be it.  Like it, shoot it, and maintain it and it will make you happy.

I too just can't get into the AK.  I like the SKS for blasting but the AK just doesn't light my fire.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I understand why some feel that way. I started with ARs and then got into AKs. They both have their place, their pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses.

I carried an AK today for a couple of hours while hiking in the forest about my home.  It saved my life while doing so once before. I am a huge fan. Of ARs, AKs and FALs. If I could afford an MP5 I'd be of fan of those also!

Please continue???
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Try a full-auto Krinkov.

Now, that is fun.

(Of course, an M-16 is fun and more controllable.)
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#42]
I would take a full auto RPK, and that's about all I would be interested to own from that line.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please continue???

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please continue???

There are a lot of bears up here.
Also wolves, yotes, bobcat, and a few mountain lions though I have never actually seen one of those.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#45]
throw away gun for a throw away soldier.

I have 2
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#46]
 I had AK's before AR's due to cost. You buy what you can afford. I always said I wouldn't buy an AR because they cost so much. I shot my first AR and new I HAD to have one. I saved and got one but my AK's still give me enjoyment. I have to say the accuracy and sights are what win me over on the AR compared to an AK.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

I got out of AK due to the sight system.  I don't yet have AR, as Govt will soon supply one for me.

So I am stuck in the purgatory with FALs.

They have red-dots for AK's too.  

I like both.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please continue???

Also wolves, yotes, bobcat, and a few mountain lions though I have never actually seen one of those.

i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/drjarhead/bearskull21.jpg

So a black bear charged you or did you startle it?

Details man!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1.  There's just nothing that draws me to them.   Maybe it's just that they are the image of so much that the US has fought against over the past decades that makes it almost "icky" to get into them despite their excellent reputation for being able to take abuse.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please continue???

i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/drjarhead/bearskull21.jpg

- Well, being in nature unarmed is a foolish act.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top