Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2006 10:05:18 AM EDT
Ok everybody post some sample letters dealing with the illegal immigration and securing the border we can send to our congressmen.

These would be useful to send along with all the bricks.

I know some people here are great at writing these letters.  I used lots of them when fighting for the AWB.  So help me and the other non-writers here out.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=454364

great idea
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]
This goes hand-in-hand, I think.

Dear GOP leaders,

My wife and I are just your average citizens.  We support the Republican party, and individual candidates; occasionally with donations of $20-50, and with our vote every time.  We vote a straight Republican ticket in every election.   We are conservatives.

I was happy with the emerging state-level Republicans in Ohio, such as Ken Blackwell and Jim Petro.  Both have served Ohio as Sec of State and Attorney General very well.  I have been very happy with the efforts of the Republican leadership in the state congress over the past 2 years.  My previous state Senator Steve Stivers is a credit to the party and to the state. At the same time, there is much to be disappointed in.  Governor Taft has given Ohio a black eye with his disgraced office.   His personal behavior while in office has been questionable, and his support of conservative ideals has been lacking.  He has favored increased spending and increased taxes.  He has signed a concealed carry bill of Ohio, while working to render it worthless behind the scenes, through the Ohio State Highway Patrol.  

Ohio’s two Republican Senators are two of the most liberal Republicans in the US Senate.  When the term RINO comes up, Mike DeWine is often cited as an example of such.

Again, my wife and I supported President Bush strongly in both runs for President.  We sent money to his campaign and my spouse and I stood in line for 2 hours in Columbus lines to vote for him.  President Bush has pushed through tax cuts, and nominated good judges to the federal courts.  He has done an incredible job defending this country at set no-nonsense foreign policy.  He has surrounded himself with incredible cabinet members, based on competence, rather than race.  If President Bush left the White House last year, he would rank as one of my most respected Presidents.  But, in the past two years things have taken a turn for the worse.  President Bush’s alliance with illegal immigration and the party’s courting of the latino vote is the “straw that has broken the camel’s back” and has nearly driven me from the party.  Courting ILLEGALS because they are a large voting block, while giving up your principles, is not something I wish to be a part of.  Asking legitimate latinos, who share common values, to join the party is something I would support wholeheartedly.  Spending is out of control and federal regulation is increasing at an alarming pace.  The Campaign Reform bill, sposered by Sen McCain, passed by a Republican controlled Congress, and signed by President Bush, is an affront to anyone who has read the Constitution, and has even a passing interest in what the Founding Fathers left us in the form of a government and principles.

Where will the moderation of the Republican party take this nation?  I am fairly active on various political websites, and the common theme I run across is: “I’m through with the Republican Party” followed closely by “Don’t do that… Hillary will get elected!” which is usually followed by “If that’s what it takes to shake up the Republican party, then that’s what I’m going to do”.

With names like McCain and Guiliani and Pataki on the short-list for Presidential candidates, I wouldn’t likely vote for the office President, nor would my wife.  I would have to hope that Republicans would hold the House, and hope that a President Hillary Clinton would shake the Republican Party back to its core values.  There was a time when a man like Ronald Reagan could get up on stage and talk about the things he believed in, and the nation would take note and be excited to vote for him.  It was that way with President Bush in 2000.  I hope it will be that way again in 2008 or I will be withholding some of my votes.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice letter Leisure_Shoot!!

Does anybody else have any shorter more generic ones?

I want a couple I get send around to family and friends so all they have to do is put their name and information on them and then send them off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
You know, as a gun nut... I read the title as "Post Sample" letters, post sample as a noun, not post as a verb
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Have You Contacted Your Senators Today???

CAPITOL TOLL-FREE SWITCHBOARD: (888) 355-3588
Call Your Senators & Representatives TODAY - 24hr line.

TALKING POINTS:

*** Tell your Senators that the illegals are rushing the border NOW in anticipation of a "guest-worker" plan passing the Senate!

*** Tell your Senators to vote NO on ANY "guest worker" plan allowing illegal aliens to remain here!

*** Stand up for the rule of law!

*** Secure our border NOW!

*** Do NOT reward law-breakers while HONEST immigrants follow the rules, pass the medical tests, pay their dues and wait patiently for years for the PRIVILEGE to work here!

*** Do NOT fall for the big lie that Americans won't work basic-skill jobs!

*** Americans DID all these jobs before there were 15 million illegal aliens working for sub-minimum wage!

*** Illegal immigrants AND the employers that hire them are keeping wages for these jobs too low and THAT is a crime against ALL low-income Americans and HONEST immigrants!

*** Defend our borders and punish law-breakers - both illegal immigrants AND those that hire them!

*** We are a sovereign nation that follows the rule of law, not the will of screaming law-breakers marching under another nation's flag!

*** VOTE NO ON ANY "GUEST-WORKER" PLAN FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!

*** VOTE YES ON REAL BORDER SECURITY!!!

* US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES:  Locate And Contact YOUR Representative HERE.

* HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER:  Congressman John Boehner, R-OH

DC (202) 225-6205
OH (513) 779-5400

* US SENATE:  Locate And Contact YOUR Senators HERE.

* SENATE MAJORITY LEADER: Sen. Bill Frist, R-TN

DC  (202)224-3344
TN  (615)352-9411

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]

My Sample Letter #1:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator John McCain
The United States Senate

Re: Illegal Immigration and Border Security

Dear Senator McCain,

As a registered Republican and one of your constituents in the state of Arizona, I am writing you to voice my emphatic  opposition to including any "guest worker" provision into a border-security bill. As you probably know, the majority of Arizonans have recently ranked illegal immigration as their top concern, even ahead of terrorism.

I strongly oppose any form of a "guest worker" plan that allows illegal immigrants to legally remain in the country for the following reasons:

1) We must support and defend the rule of law. Do NOT reward illegal immigrants who violated our laws by allowing them access to "guest-worker visas" that other immigrants have to apply and wait for. We are a nation of laws, not conveniences.

2) Congress should protect our citizens first and foremost. Illegal immigrants have no medical tests (like for drug-resistant TB) required to be here nor to stay here under the "guest-worker" plans being considered, unlike all other immigrants must have and pass. Also, young illegal immigrants are greatly over-represented among street gangs in most large American cities as well as our prison population.

3) Congress has a duty to protect and defend our nation. We're at war with terrorists who know very well how and where to get into our nation easily by the hundreds - people are doing it every night. Homeland Security starts at home - SECURE OUR BORDERS!

4) We need to stop passing the buck on illegal immigrants. In 1986 we rewarded three million illegal immigrants with amnesty and promised THEN to get tough on illegal immigration. Since then 10 million more illegals have flooded into our nation and we are yet again offering a reward to this new wave of illegal immigrants. If we stop rewarding today's lawbreakers - we'll stop the incentive for tomorrow's wave of illegal immigrants.

5) Polls consistently show that Americans are strongly against rewarding illegal immigration with a path to citizenship. We must not reward people who's first act upon coming to America is to IGNORE OUR LAWS and cheat against those awaiting LEGAL immigration.

6) We need to abandon any sort of "guest-worker" plan. Instead we should focus on increasing the penalties for employers of illegal immigrants, strengthening border security far more than it is, and allowing border patrol AND local law enforcement more power to go after and pursue illegal immigrants.

Sir, I respectfully ask you to keep these points in mind and I strongly urge you to oppose ANY form of a "guest worker" provision that rewards law-breaking immigrants by giving them a path towards citizenship that many people may never qualify for.

Remember that polls show the American people are strongly and consistently against rewarding illegal immigrants and that conservative Republicans have made gains in Congress in the last three elections and will continue to be so in the future by supporting the rule of law and protecting America's law-abiding citizens.

In short, I emphatically urge you to support the rule of law and do not reward in any way those who flagrantly defy our laws.

I thank you for your attention to this matter and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

T. Macallan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everybody.  Keep them coming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top