Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]
My dad had a cholesterol score in the 700s before he went on meds. He said his blookd sample was almost milky looking. My father's side of the family all has cholesterol problems. Hope I'm not doomed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
well, my brother drop dead from an heartattach at the age of 35 years old last March 19.  We are all truck driver and most of us are military.  I am both.  He love to eat fastfood and look where it got him.  I told him to stop eating fastfood and start walking a mile or two on the road.  He never listen.   He even hung up on me the last time he talk to me. because I would not talk to my mother, which was not the case. She was not talking to me.  So get out and walk(don't run, have to start somewhere) and eat salads and broiled food like fish and chicken.

Bob  

It's possible your brother had familial hypercholesterolemia which caused his CAD (if that's what killed him). If that was the case eating fast foods (or anything else) was not the cause of his death. Have you had your cholesterol levels checked?

In any case eating a diet that primarily consists of fast foods is not going to be a healthy diet. Like you said exercise, eating salads, fish and chicken is going to be much better for you if you want to avoid CAD.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy Cow.  So what's the process for you?  You said you'll be getting a new liver soon.  Any details you can share or did share and I just missed?

Patty

No solid news just yet but I'm days away from finishing up everything and finding out what the game plan is - living arrangements, estimated wait time, what city I'll be going to, etc.

The head honcho doc noticed a large scar on my gut.  She asked about it, I told her it was pyloric stenosis from 35 years ago when I was about 10 days old.  She said they needed to get the medical records from the hospital where the surgery was performed.  So I hope waiting for those records to come it doesn't delay me for long.

Everything else is going very well and moving right along.    

I did get the results back on my liver biopsy - they confirmed their earlier diagnosis of Primary Biliary Cirrhosis.

By the way, <ahem> I did the biopsy without any pain meds.  

Wow, I'm glad things are going well and your spirits are good.  Holy Cow no pain meds?  No anesthesia?  That's awesome.  My biopsies hurt and I whined as much as possible!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]
825!!  You win!!

I've never bought into the whole cholesterol thing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
82ndAbn is so fat he uses bacon for a bandaid
82ndAbn is so fat his blood type is land-o-lakes
82ndAbn is so fat he sweats gravy

I WISH I was fat.  I'm a skinny bastard.

My boss is skinny and a very careful vegetarian (religiously, from India).
His bad cholesterol is, like yours, through the roof.
Sometimes, your own genes have it out for you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top