Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:29:20 AM EDT
Ever walked the potato chip aisle at your local grocery store?

Check it out....

Fritos

Tostitos

Doritos

Cheetos

Munchos

Its wrong, I tell ya......WRONG.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to Mexico last winter.  The big brand of snack cakes down there is "BIMBO" (Like Hostess to us)  BIMBO delivery trucks running around, billboards, etc.  I just thought the name was funny, and they have a Pillsbury Doughbiy/Stay-puff Marhmallow Man character, too.

I go into the gas station this week, and what do I see?  A big new rack of BIMBO snacky cakes.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#2]
frito lay conspiracy?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Look out for the Frito Bandito

Frito Bandito, The - Stereotypical Mexican bandit (voice of Mel Blanc) with a large brim hat, pot belly and slurred English accent seen in a number of Frito Lay Corn Chip commercials in the late 1960s. In 1969, under pressure from the Mexican Anti-Defamation Committee, who claimed the Frito Bandito character's "sneaky thief" image was damaging to the Mexican-American culture, the executives at Frito Lay were forced to revaluate the Frito Bandito campaign. Soon after, all the Bandito commercials were pulled off the air. A Frito Lay survey, however, indicated that nearly ninety percent of the Hispanic viewing public liked the character (8% did not).
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Look out for the Frito Bandito

www.toyadz.com/toyadz/food/fritobanditowanted1.jpg

Frito Bandito, The - Stereotypical Mexican bandit (voice of Mel Blanc) with a large brim hat, pot belly and slurred English accent seen in a number of Frito Lay Corn Chip commercials in the late 1960s. In 1969, under pressure from the Mexican Anti-Defamation Committee, who claimed the Frito Bandito character's "sneaky thief" image was damaging to the Mexican-American culture, the executives at Frito Lay were forced to revaluate the Frito Bandito campaign. Soon after, all the Bandito commercials were pulled off the air. A Frito Lay survey, however, indicated that nearly ninety percent of the Hispanic viewing public liked the character (8% did not).

Sounds about right. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

That was the beginning of the PC touchy-feelie movement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top