Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:29:20 AM EDT
Ever walked the potato chip aisle at your local grocery store?

Check it out....

Fritos

Tostitos

Doritos­

Cheetos

Munchos

Its wrong, I tell ya......WRONG.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:03:27 AM EDT
I went to Mexico last winter. The big brand of snack cakes down there is "BIMBO" (Like Hostess to us) BIMBO delivery trucks running around, billboards, etc. I just thought the name was funny, and they have a Pillsbury Doughbiy/Stay-puff Marhmallow Man character, too.

I go into the gas station this week, and what do I see? A big new rack of BIMBO snacky cakes.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:13:54 AM EDT
frito lay conspiracy?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:19:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2006 5:22:55 AM EDT by dpmmn]
Look out for the Frito Bandito

Frito Bandito, The - Stereotypical Mexican bandit (voice of Mel Blanc) with a large brim hat, pot belly and slurred English accent seen in a number of Frito Lay Corn Chip commercials in the late 1960s. In 1969, under pressure from the Mexican Anti-Defamation Committee, who claimed the Frito Bandito character's "sneaky thief" image was damaging to the Mexican-American culture, the executives at Frito Lay were forced to revaluate the Frito Bandito campaign. Soon after, all the Bandito commercials were pulled off the air. A Frito Lay survey, however, indicated that nearly ninety percent of the Hispanic viewing public liked the character (8% did not).
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:27:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2006 7:29:25 AM EDT by FITTER]

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
Look out for the Frito Bandito

www.toyadz.com/toyadz/food/fritobanditowanted1.jpg

Frito Bandito, The - Stereotypical Mexican bandit (voice of Mel Blanc) with a large brim hat, pot belly and slurred English accent seen in a number of Frito Lay Corn Chip commercials in the late 1960s. In 1969, under pressure from the Mexican Anti-Defamation Committee, who claimed the Frito Bandito character's "sneaky thief" image was damaging to the Mexican-American culture, the executives at Frito Lay were forced to revaluate the Frito Bandito campaign. Soon after, all the Bandito commercials were pulled off the air. A Frito Lay survey, however, indicated that nearly ninety percent of the Hispanic viewing public liked the character (8% did not).

Sounds about right. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

That was the beginning of the PC touchy-feelie movement.
Top Top