Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/12/2006 2:15:54 PM EDT
I saw the Motivator 2 and Sport which looked good, how does it compare to using real weights instead of power rods that flex?

Your opinions?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:18:25 PM EDT
About the only thing I like about these type of systems is the elimination of a spotter requirement, when training to muscle failure. Other than that, free weights seem to rule the roost.

This is just one weakling thinking out loud, though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:20:21 PM EDT
I just got done using mine. I like it. very expensive though. Way more expensive than a Weider set up or something, isnt it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:22:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:
About the only thing I like about these type of systems is the elimination of a spotter requirement, when training to muscle failure. Other than that, free weights seem to rule the roost.

This is just one weakling thinking out loud, though. hr

A real man doesn't need a spotter. BTW my funneral is at 10:00.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:23:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By paraguy:
I just got done using mine. I like it. very expensive though. Way more expensive than a Weider set up or something, isnt it?

it definitely is more expensive, but SubnetMask pointed out not needing a spotter which is a good point. Also I think it's probably easier to move around too?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:25:00 PM EDT
Free weights are the way to go. Get a bench, a bar and some plates. Probably less than half the cost.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:25:26 PM EDT
There has been some other threads related to this but in the end don't waste your money on a bow flex. The major problem is that they don't have a consistant weight resistance through your range of motion. There a good home gyms out for the same money.
How many college/pro teams do you hear using or endorsing a "bow flux". They use free weights or quality machines because they work.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:25:46 PM EDT
I got one. The sport. It was given to me as long as I moved form the person thatw as using it as a clothes rack.

I added about 15 lbs of muscle in a year.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:31:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By geeze:

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

This is just one weakling thinking out loud, though.

A real man doesn't need a spotter. BTW my funneral is at 10:00.

I remember lying on the bench trying not to suffocate underneath 200 lbs for about 45 minutes a few years ago...

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:43:31 PM EDT
I like mine but the only problem is you start out at only about 80% of the listed weight. As the bows curl more they reach 100%. I dont use mine as much as I use to. I do more body weight exercise now and use the bow flex every now and then. By the way I have the Ultimate.
Top Top