Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 2:11:35 PM EDT
Does the military have a regulation on the placement of items on the vest worn in battle? Knife on right, mags at bottom, smoke grenades somewhere else  kind of stuff?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question.

Tagola.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've dealt a lot of gear to active guys and never heard of such a thing.  You might ask this on the tactical gear forum in the armory section.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If there is a standard, it's unit specific. Probably no higher than platoon-level SOP. For us, only critical stuff was in a known place, such as the casualty card or field dressing. Otherwise, only the vehicle stuff tended to be in the same place, personal stuff was wherever worked.

NTM
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]
unit/platoon/squad SOP and/or if they give a shit

if they dont see something stupid, you are good to go
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If there is a standard, it's unit specific. Probably no higher than platoon-level SOP. For us, only critical stuff was in a known place, such as the casualty card or field dressing. Otherwise, only the vehicle stuff tended to be in the same place, personal stuff was wherever worked.

NTM

+1 whatever looks coolest!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Fashion statements are in ya know!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
its by unit (or in our case brigade) sop,  of course that shit goes right out the window as soon as we go to the field or deploy.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does the military have a regulation on the placement of items on the vest worn in battle? Knife on right, mags at bottom, smoke grenades somewhere else  kind of stuff?

Our squadron Operating Instruction (OI) outlines proper wear of field gear and what is included.
Cuts out on a lot of Gucci-bullshit some like to try to impress others with.

B_S
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I have seen, its by unit standards.
I trained with a 11b unit, and the NCO's got on me for non-issue LBV.  I gave back my issue LBV and bought one from Tactical Tailor.  All their people had LBE, all carbon-copy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Where could I find a few pictures of these set ups?  I'm not sure of what to type into google so I'll ask my bros here.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

NTM

+2

My unit required the IFAK to be in a certain place, and an additional field dressing in the shoulder pocket.  Above that, you were on your own and used your judgement and what worked for you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Where could I find a few pictures of these set ups?  I'm not sure of what to type into google so I'll ask my bros here.

Thanks.

Airsoft forums might have forums with photos that contain images of players posing with their full gear.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NTM

+2

My unit required the IFAK to be in a certain place, and an additional field dressing in the shoulder pocket.  Above that, you were on your own and used your judgement and what worked for you.

True, you DO want the field dressing there on the left shoulder.  Dunno who will reach you first, and thats the first place I looked for one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top