Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/12/2006 7:48:18 AM EDT
When will Israel strike Iran?
Since the news was released yesterday from Iran that they were actually producing enriched uranium.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:49:44 AM EDT
The second half of 2006 will likely be full of fireworks IMHO.

Nothing to support this, just seems to be the way things are accellerating.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:50:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By macman37:

+1 gonna be bad time to vacation in Iran
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:52:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rob78:

You might need sun block # 87,000
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:53:57 AM EDT
never!!!!
look at what is going on in this country and the decisions being made
we as a nation have lost our will
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:55:35 AM EDT
of course then an accident at one of the processing plants would not make me loose sleep
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:56:02 AM EDT
I miss the Shah.
Iran would make a perfect ally, if they weren't so crazy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:56:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By joseph_samuel:
never!!!!

umm...errrr....yeah! When my head itches I scratch it!

back to the topic at hand
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:57:04 AM EDT
Israel is much less diplomatic than the US. If they see a threat they do very little besides giving you a warning. There is not a lot of bantering involved with the Israelis. That being said they are not heavily involved now, most likely there first official involvement will be their bombs landing on Iranian soil not to far in the future.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:57:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:59:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jmarkma:
Israel is much less diplomatic than the US. If they see a threat they do very little besides giving you a warning. There is not a lot of bantering involved with the Israelis. That being said they are not heavily involved now, most likely there first official involvement will be their bombs landing on Iranian soil not to far in the future.

I agree, to put it bluntly, Israel doesn't dick around.

anyone remember when Israel and Pakistan went head to head over nukes?

that was some worrisome shit...and I'm not a doomsdayist.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:00:37 AM EDT
I'm guessing 90 days..tops.

HH
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:01:42 AM EDT
87 minutes from now!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:05:12 AM EDT
If they have not done it by now I guess they won't.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 8:08:45 AM EDT by jmarkma]

Originally Posted By NevadaARshooter:

Iran is still far away from having anything near being good enough for a bomb. If they get loudmouthed about getting near this point, expect your gas to reach $5 a gallon.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:08:22 AM EDT
We will do it. Right before the election. Votes. Its all about votes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:10:12 AM EDT
prolly gathering intel as we speak.

They'll bomb the place(s) and sneak in some ops disguised as Iraninans to make sure the damage is done
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT

Iran is still far away from having anything near being good enough for a bomb.

Really? And you know this how? How do we know and trust the Iranians to divulge information at each juncture as truth? What if they actually enriched the uranium months ago? What if they're much further along in the process and are just now giving us information that is very old? It would only seem smart and prudent to NOT give away your exact position on anything.

In fact, I think they're much further down the road than they're letting on. By the time WE think they're nuclear capable will probably be months after they actually are.

HH
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:24:47 AM EDT
They'll wait for us to do it. If we dont act they will!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:33:59 AM EDT
a lot is still likely to happen between now and Nov
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:36:21 AM EDT
When the world least expects it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:49:44 AM EDT
Israel elcted the "Likud" centrists party. When do centrists solve anything? You elect centrists to maintain status quo, and you usually end up with a shittier situation. The Israelis have lost their balls.

P.S. I hope I'm wrong but doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:54:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 8:56:08 AM EDT by jrzy]

Originally Posted By NevadaARshooter:

Iran is still far away from having anything near being good enough for a bomb. If they get loudmouthed about getting near this point, expect your gas to reach $5 a gallon.

Oh yeah lets let Iran become a nuclear (terrorist state)
so gas don't go up <-------sarcasm
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:58:02 AM EDT
Iran claims membership in nuclear club as U.S. threatens Security Council action
Tehran 'determined' to complete work on heavy-water reactor

Compiled by Daily Star staff
Wednesday, April 12, 2006

www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=2&article_id=23683
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:00:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
I miss the Shah.

Thank Jimmy Carter for that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:02:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HoustonHusker:

Really? And you know this how? How do we know and trust the Iranians to divulge information at each juncture as truth? What if they actually enriched the uranium months ago? What if they're much further along in the process and are just now giving us information that is very old? It would only seem smart and prudent to NOT give away your exact position on anything.

In fact, I think they're much further down the road than they're letting on. By the time WE think they're nuclear capable will probably be months after they actually are.

HH

Well the fact that inspectors say that they have 164 centerfuges and would need around 1500 to make fissionable material. They do plan to have 3000 in place by the end of 2006, so I would say we have 6 months at the most. apnews.myway.com/article/20060412/D8GUE0POB.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:07:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 9:07:23 AM EDT by macman37]

HH

Well the fact that inspectors say that they have 164 centerfuges and would need around 1500 to make fissionable material. They do plan to have 3000 in place by the end of 2006, so I would say we have 6 months at the most. apnews.myway.com/article/20060412/D8GUE0POB.html

So wait- if they have the centerfuges up and running, how do you come up with your "Iran is still far away from having anything near being good enough for a bomb." quote?

No troll or anything, but if they plan on having TWICE the number of centerfuges up and running by the end of this year, how do you come by "far away?"

By the time they get the stated 1500 up and running it will be too late.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:10:24 AM EDT

I miss the Shah.

Yeah, and the queen would be the king if she had balls.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:12:07 AM EDT

HH

So wait- if they have the centerfuges up and running, how do you come up with your "Iran is still far away from having anything near being good enough for a bomb." quote?

No troll or anything, but if they plan on having TWICE the number of centerfuges up and running by the end of this year, how do you come by "far away?"

By the time they get the stated 1500 up and running it will be too late.

Well some people seem to think that they are going to have the bomb immediately. Honestly I found that article after I made the first statement. But it still seems that they are around a year away from a bomb.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:14:53 AM EDT

I miss the Shah.

Sometimes savages need dictators. Look at Iraq after Saddam.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:18:14 AM EDT
Iran learned it's lessons well from Osirik in Iraq. Theirs are dispirsed underground well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:21:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4-AK:

I miss the Shah.

Sometimes savages need dictators. Look at Iraq after Saddam.

Is the real problem in Iraq, Iraqi's? Or is it Iran and Syria?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:50:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrzy:

Originally Posted By rob78:

You might need sun block # 87,000

See my sigline wrt the weather forecast..........

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:51:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By joseph_samuel:
never!!!!

Are you posting from Israel or Georgia?

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:58:26 AM EDT

I miss the Shah.

This feisty old Philipino* lady that used to work here when I first started (she has since retired) had a sister or cousin that used to work for the Shah (doing what, I can't remember; if she comes to the next retirees luncheon, I will ask her).

She was a really big fan of the Shah. She was also militantly "American". I once had a problem with an asshole/idiot [liberal] professor and was telling her about it. Her knee-jerk reaction, in her shrill Philipino accent: "Is he a foreigner? If he can't speak English, he has no business teaching!"

* She was native-born Philipino, had become a Canadian citizen (IIRC), and finally a U.S. citizen. We need more immigrants like her.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:59:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:
87 minutes from now!

When I first read jrzy's "sun block # 87,000" remark, I thought it was you before I saw his avatar.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:08:55 AM EDT
Let's assume that Iran gives their nuke to Hamas first. Aren't the Palestinians smart enough to realize that a nuke going off in Israel will seriously screw them up too? Do they think that the Iranians actually care about them?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:36:44 PM EDT

HH

+1.

See Master Sun's comments about being known vs. being unknown (i.e. being unfathomable).
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:39:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrimsonGhost:
Iran learned it's lessons well from Osirik in Iraq. Theirs are dispirsed underground well.

I'm sure "our" recent test in Nevada had nothing to do with that............
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:41:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nozzleman:
Let's assume that Iran gives their nuke to Hamas first. Aren't the Palestinians smart enough to realize that a nuke going off in Israel will seriously screw them up too? Do they think that the Iranians actually care about them?

I dunno; stranger things have happened.

We've got shitloads of arfcommers who think that this country or that country is "our friend".
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:43:42 PM EDT

You have to change your paradigm when thinking of true Islam. There is no higher honor in some sects of Islam than to die as a martyr for Allah.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:09:13 PM EDT
Iran could produce nuclear bomb in 16 days, US says

LINK

It's getting serious. Time to expedite my fuel storage hedging activities.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:17:07 PM EDT
Never, they will tell Washington to do it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:16:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wise_jake:

We've got shitloads of arfcommers who think that this country or that country is "our friend".

TRUST NO ONE

didnt ole George Washington have something to say bout getting involved in foreign alliances

and...if these iranian psychos have had a secret program going on since the 80s or whatever it was, im sure they are closer than anyone thinks

everything thats been goin on latley seems a little suspicious to me...the russians helping syria hide and stow iraq's best military goodies...irans secret nuclear ambitions...pakistan goes nuclear...china's hyper - accelerated military growth, and hostile takeover attempts on big oil...north korea's nuclear ambitions..something bad seems to be brewing
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:31:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 7:32:31 PM EDT by wise_jake]

Originally Posted By Lazer80:

Originally Posted By wise_jake:

TRUST NO ONE

didnt ole George Washington have something to say bout getting involved in foreign alliances

and...if these iranian psychos have had a secret program going on since the 80s or whatever it was, im sure they are closer than anyone thinks

everything thats been goin on latley seems a little suspicious to me...the russians helping syria hide and stow iraq's best military goodies...irans secret nuclear ambitions...pakistan goes nuclear...china's hyper - accelerated military growth, and hostile takeover attempts on big oil...north korea's nuclear ambitions..something bad seems to be brewing

Why yes, I believe he did.

It's my signature on a couple of sites:

"Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of European ambition, rivalship, interest, humor or caprice?" --George Washington, from his farewell address (link to source).

BTW, I completely agree with your final paragraph the rest of your post, as well.

And to those wacky arfcommers who think that countries like Israel, Great Britain, Australia are our "friends"............ [In politics and/or int'l relations,] there are no such things as friends; only interests.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:30:13 AM EDT

I'd like to know what idiots members answered this way.

[ 12 ] Iran is entitled to have nuclear capabilities leave them alone
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:56:38 AM EDT
Doesn't Iran have a very small Jewish population? Probably helping the Mossad already....

Israeli SOF personnel would have a much easier time blending into the Iranian landscape than US SOF.
Top Top