Posted: 4/12/2006 6:03:41 AM EDT
At 8am this morning I get a call from a co-worker
"We need to meet on John Doe's logging job today!!!!"
Me: "Ok why?"
co-worker :" Well John Doe crashed his skidder yesterday!!!!!!"
Me: "Allright is he ok"
co worker: "He is hurt real bad!!!!!!"
Me: "Ok why do we need to go out to his job"
co worker: "To lock the gate and take a look around, lets do this at 1 this afternoon!!!!!!!! <out of breath>"
Me: "Well I am planning on being about 100 miles south of that job today to cruise the Big tract of timber so if I travel down there, I would have  2 hours to work turn around and drive 100 miles back to "help you put a lock on a gate and take a look at damaged skidder, only to be finished 30 minutes later.  This doesn't make much sense. Why can't you just do it by yourself"
co worker:  "I am just telling you what they told me."
Me: "Well tell them this fucks my day all up."
co worker: "We probably should be doing that today, you-know-who is on the war path"
Me:  " so we shouldn't tell someone that what they planned out is going to cost the company time, money and millage?"
co worker:  "I wouldn't start arguing over stuff like this today"
Me: "Ok no skin of my back"

I hate being micro-managed, though I now have a shit load of time to kill before going out to the job at 1.  I will basicly put in 4 hours of work today because someone decided to micromanage me instead of letting me put in 11 hours cruising $300,000 worth of timber.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I hate being micro-managed, though I now have a shit load of time to kill before going out to the job at 1.  I will basicly put in 4 hours of work today because someone decided to micromanage me instead of letting me put in 11 hours cruising $300,000 worth of timber.  Go figure.

Welcome to "Business in 2006"............it's the same in healthcare!

Common sense is NOT all that common!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Aside from being micro-managed, you still have a pretty cool job, IMO.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Aside from being micro-managed, you still have a pretty cool job, IMO.  

It has its perks that is for sure.  Most of the time they don't have a clue what I am off doing.  Like yesterday morning, instead of working I was off killing a turkey.  Went off and cruised timber until I became tired and hungry around  7.  This is the BEST time of the year to work in the woods.  It is warm, scenic, no bugs, no snakes, the nasty vegetation isn't out yet and it isn't a 100 degrees with high humidity.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yesterday must have been Moonbat day.

It is becoming S.O.P. these days.

I was pulled off a service affecting MID DAY outage by my stupidvisor to remove one bulletin board and one first aid kit from a wall.  Now mind you, the outage was directly affecting 180 customers....never a good situation. Before I could explain the nature of the outage, Stupidvisor interupted saying "I don't give a shit get it done NOW!)   I did as I was told & drove 21 miles to a remote building & removed 4 screws & dismounted one bulletin board and one first aid kit.  Then drove 21 miles back to repair the outage causing problem.  A delay of about 50 minutes....thank you very much

The pressing need to move the bulletin bd & first aid kit was the result of ONE damn email asking my supv if it was scheduled (wtf?) to be completed on time.  Completed on time means June 2006 in preparation for installation of new equipment.

This morning I was required to fill out a report as to WHY the major outage took so long to restore.  I described exactly IN DETAIL the reasons.

I'm expecting a call from Stupidvisor soon  His mgr was CC'd a copy of the report
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yesterday must have been Moonbat day.

It is becoming S.O.P. these days.

I was pulled off a service affecting MID DAY outage by my stupidvisor to remove one bulletin board and one first aid kit from a wall.  Now mind you, the outage was directly affecting 180 customers....never a good situation. Before I could explain the nature of the outage, Stupidvisor interupted saying "I don't give a shit get it done NOW!)   I did as I was told & drove 21 miles to a remote building & removed 4 screws & dismounted one bulletin board and one first aid kit.  Then drove 21 miles back to repair the outage causing problem.  A delay of about 50 minutes....thank you very much

The pressing need to move the bulletin bd & first aid kit was the result of ONE damn email asking my supv if it was scheduled (wtf?) to be completed on time.  Completed on time means June 2006 in preparation for installation of new equipment.

This morning I was required to fill out a report as to WHY the major outage took so long to restore.  I described exactly IN DETAIL the reasons.

I'm expecting a call from Stupidvisor soon  His mgr was CC'd a copy of the report

Hopefully he does not take a dump on you for that!

Tagged for future update/firings!  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a logger shatter his leg when a log rolled into him.  I had to cancel meetings with the state DEC and a landowners that day to secure his equipment. I locked up his skidder and loader and took a nap, fuck 'em.  Gotta love the dark side of the timber industry.

Good loggers are hard to come by...I hope your guy pulls through.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#7]
i read somewhere that logging is one of the most dangerous professions.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]

i read somewhere that logging is one of the most dangerous professions.

definatly one of the most dangerous i have a cousin that cut his shin to the bone with a chainsaw, my grandfather fell off his tractor and his power trailer ran over him and cracked several ribs and thats just my immediate family.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top