Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 3:29:06 AM EDT
The bleeding heart liberals in MN fought tooth and nail to stop this jackass from being deported and look what he ends up doing.

Apple Valley school squatter arrested in Boston

Boston police said Francisco Serrano, who lived in Apple Valley High School, broke into an apartment with a knife.

Chao Xiong, Star Tribune

Last update: April 12, 2006 – 12:28 AM

Francisco Javier Serrano, an illegal immigrant from Mexico who turned Apple Valley High School into his home for a time then vanished after being ordered to leave the country is in a Massachusetts jail, authorities said Tuesday night.

Francisco Javier Serrano, 22, is accused of breaking into a Boston apartment late last month wearing a ski mask and wielding a butcher knife. He was arrested when police found Serrano and the victim struggling on the street, according to a police report.

Police said he was living in a motel in the Boston suburb of Braintree at the time.

Serrano was supposed to board a Minneapolis-to-Mexico flight on Jan. 5 after overstaying a tourist visa that expired years ago. Amid much fanfare, he hugged supporters goodbye at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, walked toward the security screeners and disappeared.

Serrano -- whose story piqued the nation's interest and garnered him support from high school students to a high-profile Twin Cities businessman -- never got on the flight.

Then a few days ago, his former immigration attorney, Herbert Igbanugo, said he received a message from Boston saying that Serrano was in the Suffolk County jail charged in connection with a home invasion.

"I cannot believe it," Igbanugo said. "I'm shocked. I'm disappointed."

Igbanugo, who has not spoken with Boston police or Serrano, said he was told that Serrano kicked down the door of an apartment and was hit in the head with a pan by one of the residents before fleeing.

The Suffolk County jail confirmed Tuesday night that Serrano was in custody. Igbanugo said local Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials have confirmed that information.

"This is not the Francisco Serrano that I represented," Igbanugo said. "I always thought he was honest and sincere."

Serrano entered the United States in 2002 on a six-month tourist visa. He said he had been deserted by his father in Connecticut and came back to Minnesota, where he had once attended Apple Valley High School.

A school janitor discovered him sleeping in the school in January 2005. Serrano said he'd been there for about three weeks. The auditorium was his bedroom, a locker was his pantry.

When Serrano's story came out, he was befriended by businessman Basim Sabri and his family. They bailed him out of jail, gave him money and paid for an apartment.

But in September 2005, a judge ordered him to leave the country and he agreed to do so voluntarily. Apparently, no one had heard from him since he waved goodbye at the airport.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:40:17 AM EDT
[#1]

"This is not the Francisco Serrano that I represented," Igbanugo said. "I always thought he was honest and sincere."

Hey fuckstick, did you miss the day in law school where they told you NEVER BELIEVE THE CLIENT?

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I guess he had to invade a home....You to look for food and clothing.  I mean he was probably doing it so he could mail the goods back to his poor opressed relatives in El Sheet'ole Mexico.  

Gimme a frigging break.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:49:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Yet another lightening rod for OUR side!

I'm only happy because the victim lived and the perp POS was caught.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:54:21 AM EDT
[#4]

"I cannot believe it," Igbanugo said. "I'm shocked. I'm disappointed."

Igbanugo, who has not spoken with Boston police or Serrano, said he was told that Serrano kicked down the door of an apartment and was hit in the head with a pan by one of the residents before fleeing.

The Suffolk County jail confirmed Tuesday night that Serrano was in custody. Igbanugo said local Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials have confirmed that information.

Um, counselor, if your client was honest, why didn't he return to his home country when his visa expired??  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:13:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...........broke into an apartment with a knife.

He fails to realize thats NOT one of the jobs that Americans are refusing to do anymore.........
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, we can along with a multitude of disease's and other unacceptable crap.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#7]
He was just using his right to a better life.  Give the man a break. Maybe this time, he will have an armed guard on his flight back to Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#8]
We just need to give him more money and opportunity. Then he won't have to be so violent with his scary knife.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Expect from most? No.  When I read the thread yesterday about the dumbass kid trying to pull a stickup in a nice neighborhood and getting his ass perforated I didn't think "great, this is what we can expect from most young (insert whatever ethnic tag you want here) males".

I want the border closed and those found to be here illegally deported.  I want the businesses that hire them penalized.  I want to see all those jobs taken back by American citizens.

I just don't feel that suggesting most will be criminals serves any purpose but to prove to the opposition (who are American groups and politicians, make no mistake about it.) that this REALLY IS about racism.

I just have an aversion to passing ammo to the guy that's shooting at me.  This fight needs to be smart and objective.  That is what they are doing and it's the reason they are getting positive coverage from the puke media and can gather a million people with nary a traffic ticket.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#10]
It isn't racist.  He flagrantly broke the law by overstaying his visa and then trespassing on school property.

So how is it racist to continue the story of his crime spree?  Maybe the AP is racist for reporting it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top