Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 6:21:56 PM EDT
want to get rid of  a savage model 12 .223  (sell or trade).  What are the laws  regarding selling or trading the rifle over the net?  Looked all over the ATF site for the current laws but could not find what I wanted.  
1. Can I do this without an FFL and not go to Federal pound me in the ass prision.
2. If I can trade or sell Where can I find the literature that states I can do so (no offence to anyone's advice but I like to see things in writting when it is my arse on the line)?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty simple,

If the buyer is in state you can do FTF if they are legal other wise you have to ship to an FFL in that persons state
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You can sell it on the Equipment Exchange here on this site, or other on-line auciton sites or listings, like gunsamerica.com - but if the buyer is in another state it needs to be shipped to someone with a valid FFL (Federal Firearms License) in that state, who can then transfer it to the buyer (doing the NICS background check before handing it over).

You need to be SURE that you are shipping it (with UPS, FedEx or USPS) to a valid FFL holder - they will either mail/fax you their license, and you can check it on-line on the BATFE site. Some dealers prefer to have a rifle shipped FROM another FFL dealer, but it is not a legal requirement - but something that some dealers demand, because it makes things easier for their records.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top