Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/11/2006 3:48:47 PM EDT
OK, so I know most of my friends and acquaintances are members. I'm in that less than 7 years out of college kind of age bracket. Anyway, I've been the last hold out. It seems really silly the whole "internet friends" thing, and it also seems like a thinly disguised internet dating site. The other day I was listening to the radio and they were talking about some person's myspace site and instead of just throwing out a URL they said the name you had to search for and said it was like the third result. So I swallowed my pride and registered so I could check it out.

Now can someone tell me what benefit MySpace offers a mid-twenties, relatively successfull guy, who is in a relationship? I really just don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:50:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 3:55:22 PM EDT by deej86]
There's an ARFCOM group.

There are quite a few older individuals, like yourself, on that group.

I am in Myspace's target group, and have an account.

Also you can find friends from your high school/college.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:54:34 PM EDT
Having a myspace account should be a CoC violation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:56:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:

Consider me violated many times over then.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:56:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:58:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:58:58 PM EDT
I'm a tall blonde girl named Alexa on myspace...

Hehehehe...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:01:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DocBrooks:
OK, so I know most of my friends and acquaintances are members. I'm in that less than 7 years out of college kind of age bracket. Anyway, I've been the last hold out. It seems really silly the whole "internet friends" thing, and it also seems like a thinly disguised internet dating site. The other day I was listening to the radio and they were talking about some person's myspace site and instead of just throwing out a URL they said the name you had to search for and said it was like the third result. So I swallowed my pride and registered so I could check it out.

Now can someone tell me what benefit MySpace offers a mid-twenties, relatively successfull guy, who is in a relationship? I really just don't get it.

It is amusing for about 10-15 minutes, then gets depressing really fast.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:03:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By capnrob97:

I looked it at a bit, found it kind of lame, then I found someone I know on it.

Then it just got pathetic. They should know better.

Myspace is for:

Teenagers
People who still want to act like teenagers
Pedophiles who want to have sex with teenagers.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:04:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:04:26 PM EDT

Myspace is for:

Teenagers

I'm a 20 year old college student, where do I fit in?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:05:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 4:06:02 PM EDT by bastiat]

OK, so I know most of my friends and acquaintances are members. I'm in that less than 7 years out of college kind of age bracket. Anyway, I've been the last hold out. It seems really silly the whole "internet friends" thing, and it also seems like a thinly disguised internet dating site. The other day I

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about some person's myspace site and instead of just throwing out a URL they said the name you had to search for and said it was like the third result. So I swallowed my pride and registered so I could check it out.

Myspace is for:

Teenagers

I'm a 20 year old college student, where do I fit in?

Well, I'm hoping you're in group #2!
Top Top