Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 12:04:46 PM EDT
I just thought of the perfect way to solve both the problem of illegal immigrants and JBT tactics against law-abiding gun owners: All we have to do is switch around ATF and INS.

ATF can track down all of the illegal immigrants and the business that employ them, confiscate all of their property, throw them in prison, burn their homes and businesses down, stomp their kittens, and just generally be a bunch of JBTs until all of the illegals leave the country and no business is willing to employ them.

Meanwhile, INS can totally ignore all law-abiding gun owners, give the tiniest slap on the wrist to the ones they manage to catch, and concentrate what enforcement efforts they have on real criminals.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
How about amnesty for NFA/GCA restrictions.

We get to build/assembly/buy machineguns, SBRs, silencers etc.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Brilliant!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah... I mean if 12 million gun owners machined their own machine guns, how could it be illegal?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How about amnesty for NFA/GCA restrictions.

We get to build/assembly/buy machineguns, SBRs, silencers etc.

You're my favorite alien
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I just thought of the perfect way to solve both the problem of illegal immigrants and JBT tactics against law-abiding gun owners: All we have to do is switch around ATF and INS.

ATF can track down all of the illegal immigrants and the business that employ them, confiscate all of their property, throw them in prison, burn their homes and businesses down, stomp their kittens, and just generally be a bunch of JBTs until all of the illegals leave the country and no business is willing to employ them.

Meanwhile, INS can totally ignore all law-abiding gun owners, give the tiniest slap on the wrist to the ones they manage to catch, and concentrate what enforcement efforts they have on real criminals.

This is one of the smarter suggestions I have seen on this board.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Mace for President '08!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You're welcome.

You're way too smart.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting idea.  Fire Mission?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Brilliant!

Beat me to it!

BRILLIANT!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]
[beer guys]Make the ATF the INS and the INS the ATF! Brilliant[beer guys]
mace in '08
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure kennedy and\or bush will be along shortly to say it is racist and\or unconstitutional (great idea tho)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You're welcome.

Brilliant.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Other people said it above.

But, it really is quite Brilliant  

GM

Quoted:

You're welcome.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#14]
think if we got a few thousand to march around with home made MG's, that we would be ignored by the authorities present?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You're welcome.

Damn I like it.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#17]
How about if I illegally make a MG and don't do anything illegal with it for five years they give me amnesty?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How about if I illegally make a MG and don't do anything illegal with it for five years they give me amnesty?

Makes about as much sense...

actually a whole lot more sense...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

One of the callers to a radio program was making that point today

If we took the senate(dumbasses)bill and applied the same concept to tax law

If you get away with tax evasion for more than five years you are exempt from prosecution
If you only get away with it for two years you have to admit you evaded taxes and start over
If you get away with it for less than two years THEN you are going to get in trouble
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#20]
It doesn't seem that they Dems care about rule of law or what's right or wrong.  I heard they were trying to register protesters.  I wonder if they care if they are citizens or if they just want some more votes.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It doesn't seem that they Dems care about rule of law or what's right or wrong.  I heard they were trying to register protesters.  I wonder if they care if they are citizens or if they just want some more votes.

the republicans don't care about the rule of law anymore either, if they ever did in the first place
(and please, don't assume I am a democrat, I'd rather eat a rat raw than vote for a democrat)
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the republicans don't care about the rule of law anymore either, if they ever did in the first place
(and please, don't assume I am a democrat, I'd rather eat a rat raw than vote for a democrat)

Good fricking point.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you get away with tax evasion for more than five years you are exempt from prosecution
If you only get away with it for two years you have to admit you evaded taxes and start over
If you get away with it for less than two years THEN you are going to get in trouble

Hey, this thread is just full of good ideas.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#24]
That's pure genius there!  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, this thread is just full of good ideas.

+1

Amazing how the best solutions are often the simplist and most obvious solutions.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
think if we got a few thousand to march around with home made MG's, that we would be ignored by the authorities present?

You would most certainly lose your commission
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You're welcome.

I mentioned this in a thread a few days ago but didn't think to post it.

This would be a win-win for everyone. The BATF likes to crack down like hard asses and get finicky about things like spelling and grammar. Seems like a perfect match. They could really go to town on the illegals.

BATFE to Illegal: "You spelled 'ilegal' wrong. It's the paddy wagon for you and we're going to rape your ass on the way. We will confiscate your home and send your kids to jail."
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I dunno man. I don't want to have to marry some skank to get my FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top