Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#1]
BFP!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats the deal with those hammer and sickle red communist flags? The commies are coming out of the closet again. Not that i am surprised with that former KGB colonel on power. You see his face painted on the walls of buildings in Russia more and more lately, exactly like those Saddam murals in Iraq. The guy has a bad case of personality cult.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I think its a re-enactment. No big deal.  I only watched 5 minutes though.  36 minutes long
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Outstanding pageantry
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Whats the deal with those hammer and sickle red communist flags?

Here's a clue: The file is titled the "Victory over Germany Parade" What flag was the Red Army flying at that time?

They took a lot of effort into getting the period uniforms.

[ETA: That's how you do a parade. Can you imagine rounding up every WWII Vet in the country that could come, putting them into WWII era trucks, and having them all in one parade? (Not least I'm astounded they found that many GAZ trucks in working order). Pity the video stopped short, I'd have liked to see the T-34s and KVs go by.]

This really was a parade to honour the veterans, it couldn't have been done any better.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top