Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:10:38 AM EDT
A friend of mine just called me. He had sold a rifle to an out of state party. The individual sent the payment and FFL. He calls UPS and is told he can't ship the rifle unless it's going back to the factory, which is BS.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem. I used Fedex and kept my mouth shut as to what was in the package.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Fedex will ship but want 60 bucks. Is this a new policy of UPS? I had no problems a couple of weeks ago shipping ammo.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
you can ship a long gun via the USPS as well.  I did that last year, and it was quite painless.  

I printed out the regs, showed it to the clerk when I told him that the box contained a rifle packed in accordance with said regs...he looked at it, then looked at me, and said "works for me".  YMMV with your local post offices, but it's legal and they have online instructions as to how to do it.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The people they have working at the stores and drop points are morons.  It baffles me why people still choose to use them.  

Do the following:  Set yourself up a UPS account online and print your label off.  Stick on the box and give it to any UPS driver.  No hassle, no fuss.  

Its the easiest way and is completely painless.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top