Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 6:53:59 AM EDT
I was double charged and called 4 times to get a credit which resulted in nothing.  After over a month of giving them time to fix it I had to call Chase and dispute the charge to get my money back.

Furthermore I was told for about 2 months that my upper was "going out monday".  Delays are fine, but it's just nice to be told that something is going to take longer than expected so your not left wondering if your firearm was lost by UPS or something.

Brad posted that he had to hunt me down to get me to pay for his service which was a lie.  I was told I could pay when contacted which is what I did.  I was charged on Jan 29th (twice) and didn't get the upper back until late March so in reality he got his payment early.  I never even posted in my original thread that he was dishonest until he tried to make dishonest claims about me.

I posted about it in Sigforum but he contributes to the site in different ways so my thread was ultimately locked, deleted, and I was banned for trying warn others.  I just wanted to warn any potential customers.  He does do good work but the service is lacking.  

I keep getting told it is innapropriate to bring things of this nature up online.  That I should take care of things privately.  The only way I got the money I was overcharged was by disputing it with Chase.  I tried calling 4 times and gave over a month since I was aware of the double charge.  I tried to take care of it privately with no success.  Anyways I feel I should let others know so they can avoid the same type of treatment.  I understand there are 2 sides to every story and this is mine.

That is all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the warning.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I live just a few miles from his shop.  First negative comments I have ever heard regarding Brad and CCR.  YMMV
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 First negative comments I have ever heard regarding Brad and CCR.  YMMV

What he said.  Hope it doesn't turn into another Ammoman debacle.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It's probably just my impression, but does it seem that many gun/ammo vendors eventually turn into liars and crooks?

Maybe the interweb has just amplified a long-existing probem.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I would have to agree with SIG_220. I won't do business with them again. Though their application of finishes is fine, I'm not knocking their work, I am knocking their CS.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Awhile back, I sent my wife's Colt Det Spcl to Brad to apply a satin black Gunkote finish to it.

While the work was impeccibly done, Brad was more than 5 WEEKS late in getting it back to me, after numerous "it'll go out Monday."  His work is superb, his Cust Svc is horrid...I'd only send him another gun IF I didn't need it for quite some time.  

HH

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#7]
His work on my handgun was half assed, in my opinion.

I told him my handgun was in bad shape, and he said "thats okay", and had me pay the two tone refinishing costs.  My handgun was at his shop for 11 weeks.  For 7 straight weeks, every Monday and Wednsday, I got a call from his wife saying my handgun was on the way.  

On the 11th week, I got a call from his wife saying that it was shipped at that morning, then at 4:00PM I got a call from saying that she lost my shipping info.  I called and left a message with my shipping info, but that I wanted it to be a will-call at the UPS hub.

Two more days went by, and I was getting worried, I called and got the same lady I had spoken with before.  I asked her where my handgun was, and she told that she just didnt have time to ship my handgun back to me.

Finally I got my handgun back.  I noticed he didnt remove the blemishes he said he would.  Because of that, the finish wasnt applied perfectly.  He said he should've charged me more for the extra effort.  I explained to him that i told him my handgun was heavily blemished, and he said not to worry, just pay the normal refinishing fees.  His response, "Well you hung up on my wife.  You were rude.  I dont wanna do business with you again.".  You're god damned right I was mad, but never was I rude.  I was tired of the lies and bullshitting on his part.  One can only take so much shit from one person or company.  In the words of Vincent Hanna, "Dont waste my mother fuckin time!".

200 rounds of Blazer 115gr FMJ, and the finish started coming off on the frame.

BTW, for the CCR apologists, this was  several months before his family problems started.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]

I had a 228 refinished by him at the beginning of last year.  He ended up getting "near death" sick, and would not return my e-mails and phone messages.  Then after a few months go by (and I had asked for him to just send the pistol back with my money) he tells me it is done.  The workmanship was very nice.  He just lacks in communication skills.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was double charged and called 4 times to get a credit which resulted in nothing.  After over a month of giving them time to fix it I had to call Chase and dispute the charge to get my money back.

Furthermore I was told for about 2 months that my upper was "going out monday".  Delays are fine, but it's just nice to be told that something is going to take longer than expected so your not left wondering if your firearm was lost by UPS or something.

Brad posted that he had to hunt me down to get me to pay for his service which was a lie.  I was told I could pay when contacted which is what I did.  I was charged on Jan 29th (twice) and didn't get the upper back until late March so in reality he got his payment early.  I never even posted in my original thread that he was dishonest until he tried to make dishonest claims about me.

I posted about it in Sigforum but he contributes to the site in different ways so my thread was ultimately locked, deleted, and I was banned for trying warn others.  I just wanted to warn any potential customers.  He does do good work but the service is lacking.  

I keep getting told it is innapropriate to bring things of this nature up online.  That I should take care of things privately.  The only way I got the money I was overcharged was by disputing it with Chase.  I tried calling 4 times and gave over a month since I was aware of the double charge.  I tried to take care of it privately with no success.  Anyways I feel I should let others know so they can avoid the same type of treatment.  I understand there are 2 sides to every story and this is mine.

That is all.

Let me guess as to which "sigforum" this was.....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I keep getting told it is innapropriate to bring things of this nature up online.  That I should take care of things privately.  

Who is it that keeps telling you this?  Consider the source before taking the advice.

Isn't word of mouth THE thing we use to discriminate the best from the rest?  It's called knowledge, experience, references, first hand experience.  It's what all consumers wanbt from the internet and what every less than good merchant fears most.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

Let me guess as to which "sigforum" this was.....

Is there more than one?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Is there more than one?

Yes, there is sigforum, and then there is sigforums.com, the best of the two.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I keep getting told it is innapropriate to bring things of this nature up online.  That I should take care of things privately.  

Who is it that keeps telling you this?  Consider the source before taking the advice.

Isn't word of mouth THE thing we use to discriminate the best from the rest?  It's called knowledge, experience, references, first hand experience.  It's what all consumers wanbt from the internet and what every less than good merchant fears most.

About a qaurter or less of the posters in sigforum.com and the admin at glocktalk that closed my thread there.  The thread at sigforum has since been deleted.  I wasn't even going to post it anywhere else but then Brad started making BS comments about me.  It's not a big deal.  I just thought people would want to know, and for the most part that seems to be an accurate assumption.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate to use personal insults, but Brad is an idiot.  There is always some new excuse as to why he cant reply to emails or phone calls.  I'm sick, my son is sick, my wife is sick, I'm sick again, I'm sick again, my new email account isnt working, my new email filter isnt working, my phones arent working, my email filter isnt working, my email account isnt working, whats wrong with my email account, my email filter isnt working.

Its mostly bullshit.

When I called him out on SigForum, he wouldnt answer why he continually had someone call me and tell my gun is shipping for 7 weeks.  He wouldnt answer as to all the imperfections on the slide and frame.  Oh no, instead he chose to bitch at me because I hung up on his wife.  You're damned right I did, I was tired of the lies.

On SigForum, I saw your post, and reponded to it.  I dont know what was said in the thread from 3:30AMish until 11:30AMish, when I looked again.  I do know you got rather snotty and arrogant after the thread was locked.  Its never a good idea to bring up another thread, on the same subject, after one has just been locked.  Its not just a SF rule, but its also a rule at every other board I'm n, including this one.  He wasnt going to delete your thread, until you decided to get spiffy.  You didnt do anyone any good by acting the way you did in the follow up thread.  Even if the original thread was locked, it would've still been part of the archives.  I know you meant well, and I commend you, but sometimes you gotta let that shit go.

I dont reccomend CCR for refinishing to anyone.  By him not going the high road with me, I hope to have cost him more than if he would've done the standup thing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hate to use personal insults, but Brad is an idiot.  There is always some new excuse as to why he cant reply to emails or phone calls.  I'm sick, my son is sick, my wife is sick, I'm sick again, I'm sick again, my new email account isnt working, my new email filter isnt working, my phones arent working, my email filter isnt working, my email account isnt working, whats wrong with my email account, my email filter isnt working.

Its mostly bullshit.

When I called him out on SigForum, he wouldnt answer why he continually had someone call me and tell my gun is shipping for 7 weeks.  He wouldnt answer as to all the imperfections on the slide and frame.  Oh no, instead he chose to bitch at me because I hung up on his wife.  You're damned right I did, I was tired of the lies.

On SigForum, I saw your post, and reponded to it.  I dont know what was said in the thread from 3:30AMish until 11:30AMish, when I looked again.  I do know you got rather snotty and arrogant after the thread was locked.  Its never a good idea to bring up another thread, on the same subject, after one has just been locked.  Its not just a SF rule, but its also a rule at every other board I'm n, including this one.  He wasnt going to delete your thread, until you decided to get spiffy.  You didnt do anyone any good by acting the way you did in the follow up thread.  Even if the original thread was locked, it would've still been part of the archives.  I know you meant well, and I commend you, but sometimes you gotta let that shit go.

I dont reccomend CCR for refinishing to anyone.  By him not going the high road with me, I hope to have cost him more than if he would've done the standup thing.

You are right that I probably shouldn't have started another thread.  I just wanted to respond to the people saying I should have worked it out privately to explain that I had tried to do that originally.  I didn't really understand why the original thread was locked in the first place and decided it was worth getting banned to respond.  There was no purpose of deleting the original thread though but to please a site contributor IMHO though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top