Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 4:45:18 AM EDT
If you see that your wife/GF is getting a little hefty for your taste, do you tell her about it? If so, how do you go about telling her?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP, this cant end well.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you see that your wife/GF is getting a little hefty for your taste, do you tell her about it? If so, how do you go about telling her?

My wife has given birth 3 times. She is fit, in shape and is a size 1. She is 5 foot 1, 100 lbs.

She knows if she puts on 1 pound.

I'll never have to say a word to her. She is in the gym every morning. She is very cautious about her diet and habits.

I love her.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't Tell her, She already knows, and feels bad about it.
You commenting is just pouring salt into open wounds.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
She already knows.

I need to be more supportive of her dieting, last time I told her I was worried she was going to diet her boobs off.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Not if you ever want to have sex with her again!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
wear one of these:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:00:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Best thing to do is set a good example for her. How's your weight?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#8]
No need to tell her. She knows and probably feels horrible about herself for it.

When I gained weight after my last surgery, I'd say to my husband, "I've got fat!! Waah!" and he'd respond "you're beautiful!" and I love him for that, because the worse you feel, the harder it is to lose weight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife, no I wouldn't tell her - luckily she's always been thin.  On the other hand, I have to tell my girlfriend or she just blimps out.
Just kidding, my wife IS my girlfriend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:04:57 AM EDT
[#10]

last time I told her I was worried she was going to diet her boobs off

hahahahahaha

on a serious note

start going and working out yourself and somehow present it to her as something you two can do as a couple and spend more time together.  it'll make you both feel better and you'll both have some accountability from your workout partner
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm kind of an asshole, so yeah tell her, but dimplomaticly. If you are not a member of a gymm join one and invite her. If she sits on her ass all day eating junk food do what you can to change that sedentry life style. Phrase it like you are concerned for her health. Usually my wife is nagging me to go to the gymn. I hate it, but go 5 days a week. I'm not saying you have to be an ass to her or try and make her feel bad but if it is an issue then it is an issue.

I saw a fat chick at the gym god bless her, eating a candy bar while on the treadmill. Yes It was a candy bar I could see the wrapper. Other chicks have a kid and the kid is 8 and they blame their fat ass on the kid. I don't feel bad for them.

My wife has had 3 kids. Is a size 1. 5'4" 115#'s. She works out 3-6 times a week and takes excellent care of herself. The youngest are 4 (twins). She was back to her normal size after about 6 months. And she worked hard to get there.

If you are not in shape then it is a choice. Getting and STAYING in good shape is alot of work and some people just don't care, or they don't care enough.

The flip side is YOU better be in great shape if you are going to be bitching about your wife's ass spreading. [Dr. Phill] Remember we tend to dislike in other people things we dislike about our selves [/Dr. Phill]. If you are just as fat and lazy you have no cause bitching about the wife. And skinny guys with no muscle tone, just cause you ain't fat don't count, you need bigger than 9 inch arms. You want the wife in good shape make sure you are first!

Also there is a fine line bewteen being concerned and purposely hurting her feelings. A couple months after having the twins my wife wanted to wear this size 0 skin tight gown. She had a little tummy. Not huge not bad but noticable in a skin tight dress. She noticed it I'm sure but still asked me. Does this make me look fat. I told her I would prefer a different dress. Sure I had to sleep on the couch a couple days . But she got motivated to get back into the gym and worked off the extra weight in no time. I still get razed about it once and awhile, but fitting back into that dress became a vendetta to her and she did it. She was in the gym 4 days a week untill it was gone. Being fat and inactive is a CHOICE so is being in shape. If I could take a pill I would. Fat ass is the easy choice and like most things in life the harder path is the better one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife (two kids) is in great shape. She weighs the same as she did pre preg and can do 150 sit-ups. Hell, I cant do that. She has a washboard stomach and the cutest bellybutton you have ever seen. She bounced right back from preg. I chase her through the house grabbing at that lovely ass.

She is smart, she is beautiful, she is mine! For 17 years now.

I'm a lucky guy. My wife is very easy on the eyes and has a natural, bubbly enthusiasm that would make your jaw drop.

Sigh. I’m more in love every day.

I'll be right back... I'm off to count my blessings....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'd do it as long as I worked out regurarly to stay fit. Can't tell the gf to loose weight if you're a fat ass yourself.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#14]
You can tell her but it won't do any good.  And if she keeps the weight on for a couple of years she will never lose it.  And if she stays fat when she gets older she will have back pain, foot pain, diabetes, and early onset strokes and cancer.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#15]
If she gets that way, you buy her a diamond.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Depends on how well you tell her and/or whether you are better off with her being chunky or out of the picture. If she has noticed it and is unhappy, try attacking yourself. "God I've been living/eating like shit. Tell you what, I'm going to do something about it." Start making the changes yourself and see of she jumps pn board. If not wait a little and tell her how much better you feel. Invite her in. If that flies you two have something to do together. If that fails and this is an issue for you, it's heart-to-heart time, and prepare for the worst.

Regardless, if you do it harshly or negatively you are ensuring the least-desireable results.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#18]
If I wanted a fat woman I would have married one.
She hates that one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Just throw a cupcake full force at her face & yell"have another one fatty!" she'll get the point
Just kidding I'm sorry
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#20]
No, i just drop subtle hints such as ''fatass'' or ''lardass''.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#21]
No, even when my wife gains a couple lbs. she knows it. She actually wants to be skinnier than I want her to be, which creates a conundrum.

I've had to yell "GAIN WEIGHT YOU TWERP!" on more than one occasion.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#22]

When Your Wife/Girlfriend Gains Too Much Weight, Do You Tell her?

I say "honey... don't you want some more hot fudge for your ice cream?"

I like my women plump & juicy!  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#23]
As long as she is healthy and happy,I couldnt give a shit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
As long as she is healthy and happy,I couldnt give a shit.

My sentiments exactly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just throw a cupcake full force at her face & yell"have another one fatty!" she'll get the point
Just kidding I'm sorry

Aww  jeeze.              
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I can only say that my wife finally said enough and went to Weight Watchers, which has worked fairly well for her in the past.  This was the biggest she's been, and after losing 30 lbs. she's still got a ways to go for her to reach her "goal" weight and be able to be a lifetime member.  It really comes down mostly to eating less and making better choices.  I've even joined her in food choices.  She's doing an hour of water aerobics, 3 times a week and sometimes goes with me when I walk for an hour (4 miles).  Her friends are noticing now and some have that Texas crab mentality about them but so far she's dealing with it pretty well.  She has turned into more of a clothes shopper than ever which is a minus, but one that I can live with.  I'm aiming at buying a nice suit when I make it from my old weight of 205 down to 180, about 3 months away at my leisurely pace.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#28]
"Hey hun, your getting fat.  You need to start working out."

Mrs. hdbint---><---hdbint
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#29]
A co worker told me that he had that same problem and didn't know how to say (WOW - Your packing on the pounds without hurting the feelings for his spouse.

A unique opportunity came when he took a kitchen chair that his kids had cracked from rough housing and leaning back and forth upon repeatedly.

"Mr. Sensitive" positioned it at "her" spot at the table....

She had been saying how she needed to "cut back a little bit at the dinner table" and just after saying that sat down.  

Crack, Crunch - Chair broke under her weight.

He told me that she started diet and exercise program next morning.

Taken with a grain of salt....

BIGGER_HAMMER
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top