Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/10/2006 4:14:19 PM EDT
bush is a fricken idiot, cant remember his exact words but he was talking about the use of force in iran.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
hey, now...you're fixin to tread on dangerous turf if you keep this talk up

This is a commonly used term in Texas
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I can think of many reasons to call the prez stupid but using slang isnt one of them
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, you mean he was talking like one of us?  

In that case, does that make me (two masters degrees, Lt Col in the USAF, who builds computers on the side) a "fricken idiot" because I use the same phrase in everyday speech?

Let go of your hate, man.  Like "I feel your pain" was any better.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
GWB is proof that an average, everyday guy can become president.
I just think that America deserves better than an average guy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
awww, shit, here we go......

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think a regular guy is what we need, bush is from a family of politicians and not an average everyday guy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
He is the President of the United States and you call him an idiot? What is your position in life? What degrees do you have and where did you get them?

Bush wont change himself to suit your needs. Thats the way we talk down here and thats what America elected.

Have you ever seen someone who makes over $300,000 a year say "ya'll, fixin, gunna, and hafta"? I have, they say it because thats the way we talk.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think a regular guy is what we need, bush is from a family of politicians and not an average everyday guy.

I agree with your line of thinking,
I was kinda meaning of average smarts.

Now if we could only get a pres who shared the morals and economic interests of average Americans...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
bush is a fricken idiot, cant remember his exact words but he was talking about the use of force in iran.

omg bush stole your shift key too1111//////

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He is the President of the United States and you call him an idiot? What is your position in life? What degrees do you have and where did you get them?

Bush wont change himself to suit your needs. Thats the way we talk down here and thats what America elected.

Have you ever seen someone who makes over $300,000 a year say "ya'll, fixin, gunna, and hafta"? I have, they say it because thats the way we talk.

What's my position in life.
Just a guy who's family couldn't call in some favors to keep me away from war and from completing my national guard obligations.

Boy, I just feel sorry for the wannabe country bumpkin pres.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now if we could only get a pres who shared the morals and economic interests of average Americans...

Umm, MBA from Harvard and former fighter pilot is hardly average smarts.  We don't really like idiots flying multimillion dollar fighters, and Harvard has a reputation to uphold.  Plus, he's outwitted the Democrats on too many occasions to count, though that's not really all that hard to do.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just a guy who's family couldn't call in some favors to keep me away from war and from completing my national guard obligations.

Okay, now you're just ing.    The whole National Guard thing was debunked years ago.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm fixin' ta round me up some popcorn......

jj
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Judging people's intelligence by the vernacular that they employ is fucking stoopit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm, MBA from Harvard and former fighter pilot is hardly average smarts.  We don't really like idiots flying multimillion dollar fighters, and Harvard has a reputation to uphold.  Plus, he's outwitted the Democrats on too many occasions to count, though that's not really all that hard to do.....

Have you seen his grades?
And boy, its gotta be hard to defeat an enemy(dems) who shoot themselves in the foot every other day.  If the last election was a pool game, the dems scratched on the 8, doesn't mean they were playing a good opponent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Okay, now you're just ing.    The whole National Guard thing was debunked years ago.

A March '06 account trolling?!?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I dont care what you talk like, just as long as I can understand you. I have known some people who spoke perfect english who are complete retards and ive known some people who talked like complete hicks who are absolutely briliant.

Judging someone based on the way they talk is very petty and smallminded IMO. If you want to criticise Bush there are alot better things to use for your argument.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Trolls galore!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Oh man. For all of the intelligent things you could have said about points you disagree with the United States President on, you had to blow it with some ignorant and dishonest/slanderous/disproven tripe quote from the Democratic Underground.

Learn to think for yourself. We can all agree that there are things Bush has done that we are upset with, but think for yourself instead of regurgitating the propaganda.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Wasn't there a president that referred to Cuba as "Cuber" because of the way he talked?  Wanna start some shit about JFK because he talked funny?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You're making this too easy.

His grades, no matter what they were, were STILL good enough to get an MBA at Harvard, and qualify him to fly F-102s for years without turning into a smoking hole.  

And they were probably better than your grades on YOUR way to an MBA at Harvard, or during fighter upgrade training at UPT.

ETA:  At least this is upping my post count.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Depends on what your definition of the word "is" is........

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Debunked? Well, if you're from Texas maybe you were there. If you weren't, we're all getting second hand info from somewhere.

But hey, they're just "feelings...nothing more than feelings..."

Let's support free speech (and that includes using the word fixin') along with supporting the right to keep and bear and carry and shoot and have lotsa fun wit guns. Yep, frickin' guns.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#29]
What's wrong with fixin?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His grades, no matter what they were, were STILL good enough to get an MBA at Harvard, and qualify him to fly F-102s for years without turning into a smoking hole.  

And they were probably better than your grades on YOUR way to an MBA at Harvard, or during fighter upgrade training at UPT.

What was the term used to describe Ivey League schools admitting their alumni's kids into school no matter what... Legacy something or other.

Sheesh, the man's done just about nothing to further conservative politics....
Who are all of these people rushing to his defence?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Andrew Jackson, "im fixin to ax yall cherokee a question", and well they all just up and hightailed it out of town.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#32]
The democratic party is the party of acceptance and tolerance unless it's someone they don't like.

Gays? Yep ok.

Minorities? Yep ok.

Murderers on death row? Yep ok.

Guy from Texas who says fixin? Nope, he's an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#33]
A mediocre Republican is 10 times better for this country than the best Democrat.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm not going to comment specifically on Bush, but using the phrase "fixin to" in a professional setting makes you sound like a hayseed and you WILL be judged by the words you use - rightly or wrongly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was proven in a fake national guard memo, what else you got?

I bet you like Clinton didnt you? We all know he didnt dodge anything.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was the term used to describe Ivey League schools admitting their alumni's kids into school no matter what... Legacy something or other.

I guess legacy gets your schoolwork done for you too huh.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Bill Clinton was your average guy.  George Bush certainly isn't.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I was a guest lecturer at Georgia Tech last week...and ya know, I'll bet I used that word more than twice!  Does that make me a "fricken idiot" too?

Sheesh...y'all sound like a friggin tight-assed yankee or somethin'!  Lighten up already Francis!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#39]
The smartest man in the US said it.......
Bill Clinton

So there, I can't remember what speech though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm not going to comment specifically on Bush, but using the phrase "fixin to" in a professional setting makes you sound like a hayseed and you WILL be judged by the words you use - rightly or wrongly.

Many of todays largest coroprations were founded by hayseeds who spoke like that up until their deaths.

Hayseed all you want, you make their grandchildren wealthy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Wait a minute.  You're bitching about the President using the word "fixin" and you just goat-fucked a three letter word?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, this will be my last post on the issue, I'll let you all/ya'll fight over who has the last word.

OK, picking on his language is not so nice.
But picking on the president is a right all Americans have enjoyed since John Adams (His Rotundity) was president.  But it's nice to see the partyliners come out of the woodwork to defend someone who hasn't done squat for anyone.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many of todays largest coroprations were founded by hayseeds who spoke like that up until their deaths.

Hayseed all you want, you make their grandchildren wealthy.

If you're the founder of the company, you can speak any way you want. But if I'm interviewing you for a job where you'll interact others and you say "fixin" then the interview is "fixin" to be over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a minute.  You're bitching about the President using the word "fixin" and you just goat-fucked a three letter word?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#45]
A, supposed, White House employee on another board said that the President intentionally lays the "Aw Shucks" on thick for the cameras, but is quite normal in person.

One other interesting anecdote is that Condi wears designer perfume that is smells so good, that the various White House denizens covertly "sniff" her at every opportunity. Putin evidently sniffed his hand a couple of times after shaking hands with Condi.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because your choice of reasons to disagree with Bush are petty, inane, and in most cases unfounded.  If you want to disagree with him, make it substantive, not stupid.

And legacies only get you in the school......they don't usually get you a degree.  That's something you do on your own.  

Oh, and by the way, claiming "daddy's influence" for Bush's success--yes, that's what I would call it--at Harvard is yet another petty tear-down of a man who's obviously much smarter than you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"He wears jeans, and drives a truck, that's what I like about him, he's one of us" - overheard in Texas
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stopped breathing, I was laughing so hard!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#50]
backs out of thread slowly.................
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top