Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well, this will be my last post on the issue, I'll let you all/ya'll fight over who has the last word.

In other words: Your stupid line of attack was soundly bitch-slapped, and you are scampering off.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
bush is a fricken idiot, cant remember his exact words but he was talking about the use of force in iran.

What year was that again that you graduated from Yale?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not going to comment specifically on Bush, but using the phrase "fixin to" in a professional setting makes you sound like a hayseed and you WILL be judged by the words you use - rightly or wrongly.

Many of todays largest coroprations were founded by hayseeds who spoke like that up until their deaths.

Hayseed all you want, you make their grandchildren wealthy.

If you're the founder of the company, you can speak any way you want. But if I'm interviewing you for a job where you'll interact others and you say "fixin" then the interview is "fixin" to be over.

If you lived in Texas then you'd be at work all by yourself then. On the flip side, if you come down here looking for a job at many places and you sound like a yankee then that's already one strike against you.

I happen to know that there are people in TX that can speak proper English. The two guys that co-founded my company with me are from (and live in) Ft Worth.

This issue is no different than black folks speaking in eubonics.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I use it everyday.

So what?

HH
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, this will be my last post on the issue, I'll let you all/ya'll fight over who has the last word.

OK, picking on his language is not so nice.
But picking on the president is a right all Americans have enjoyed since John Adams (His Rotundity) was president.  But it's nice to see the partyliners come out of the woodwork to defend someone who hasn't done squat for anyone.

Spoken like the true liberal plant you are.

See ya !
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
bush is a fricken idiot, cant remember his exact words but he was talking about the use of force in iran.

I heard Al Gore ( Vice President under Bill Clinton ,remember him ?)  use the term in a debate with Dan Quayle.  Idiots like you think that Al Gore is the smartest guy in the world AND he invented the internet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it my imagination, or is there an abmormally high number of trolls online today?  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top