Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 11:23:05 AM EDT
I had very little w-2 income , little income from stocks and mutual funds, no 403/401's.

I just looked at Office depot and saw they had standard -deluxe , just wondering whats needed really.

Also, choice between H&R and Turbo Tax, any difference?

Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Is your adjusted gross income less then $50k/yr, and are you less than 50yo?
You can file for free on the IRS website, using the H&R Block Taxcut or TurboTax interface:
www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=118986,00.html

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I just ran Turbo Tax online - it was very easy.  They even have a small questionair to see which version (3 levels) that would work best for your circumstances.

Their utility for non-cash donations is great!  I didn't realize how much all that used clothing we donate is worth!

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
TurboTax is great.
I've used it for the last seven or so years.
For the past four years, I've done it all on-line.
No need to install software when they'll do it for you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just ran Turbo Tax online - it was very easy.  They even have a small questionair to see which version (3 levels) that would work best for your circumstances.

Their utility for non-cash donations is great!  I didn't realize how much all that used clothing we donate is worth!

+1 and military members (including reserve component) can get the deluxe version for free.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, that was exactly what I needed.

Now I need to adopt some 17.5 year old asian girls for next years return.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top