Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/10/2006 11:02:08 AM EDT
I think it will have as much effect on the US economy as the email telling all of us not to get Gas on one day to stick it to the oil companies.

IF there is a .00001% impact, it will be reported as a huge success.

IF nothing is felt, it wont be reported.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:09:24 AM EDT
I kind of wish it was more of a "welfare", "hospital" and "food stamp" boycott, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:12:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sodie:
I kind of wish it was more of a "welfare", "hospital" and "food stamp" boycott, but that's just me.

+1
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:15:34 AM EDT
I hope they do it, I really do. Every last one of them. It'll prove a point I've been making for ages: Their presence has absolutely no discernibly positive effect on the economy whatsoever. I say put up, or shut up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:17:03 AM EDT
simple solution: stop hiring illegals, and we won't have to worry about their impact on the economy
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:19:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 11:20:02 AM EDT by bullyforyou]

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:
I hope they do it, I really do. Every last one of them. It'll prove a point I've been making for ages: Their presence has absolutely no discernibly positive effect on the economy whatsoever. I say put up, or shut up.

100% correct.

it kills me that all these people say they do so much "good" for our economy. let's see, we give them:

medical and other benefits, housing in some instances, welfare and other social programs and benefits, and a salary (which is taken back to mexico).

they contribute...

hey, where is the *crickets* icon anyhow?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:21:31 AM EDT
The morons BOUGHT all those flags that they're waving around, as well as drinks, food, sun shades and other items necessary for the successful protester, so their effect on the economy they're trying to wreck looks pretty neglibible to me.

Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:22:30 AM EDT
We might not have Janitorial services at my office building for a day! THE HORROR!!!

Next time hire some people you can freaking depend on!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:22:41 AM EDT
Fire 'em while they're gone!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:36:56 AM EDT
All right, we got them to go away for one day! Now if we could just get them to stay out of the economy...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:40:17 AM EDT
I'm waiting for a walk out on the COUNTRY.

That will teach us....they should just leave.

It's the only way we will learn.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:40:24 AM EDT

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:51:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By doubleclaw:
The morons BOUGHT all those flags that they're waving around, as well as drinks, food, sun shades and other items necessary for the successful protester, so their effect on the economy they're trying to wreck looks pretty neglibible to me.

Fuck 'em.

I heard that someone donated all those American flags so the mexican illegal aliens could wave them to show their alegence to the USA.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 12:04:28 PM EDT by OFFascist]
Hmm, so there have been plenty of these protests over the past week or so yet I havent heard of any major violence or riots associated with them.

Yet whenever there is a libtard protest, which naturally is composed mostly of well off white kids there is almost always trouble.

I hate stupid angsty white kids who bitch and moan yet dont know the real meaning of the world problems or have faced any hardship at all in thier lives.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:06:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Partisan:

Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

Fuck 'em.

I heard that someone donated all those American flags so the mexican illegal aliens could wave them to show their alegence to the USA.

I'm not fooled.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:07:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Partisan:

damn likely thats more accurate. from the pictures i saw, far too many people had similar or coordinated usa items. no way in hell it was a coincidence. probably had big boxes of hats and visors and stacks of flags...just walk by and help yourself.

hope someone takes pictures of this american pride when its sitting on the ground like a used stadium popcron bag.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 12:16:48 PM EDT by EAB1911]
I'm going to Boycott All Mexican Restaurants
Well, except Taco Bell, since Pepsi owns it.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:18:02 PM EDT
Adios!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:21:43 PM EDT
How much money do we GIVE to Mexico in foreign aid?

Maybe our lawmakers should have "a day without Gringo money"

Or a year...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:27:51 PM EDT
One thing that pissed me off at school today was posters everywhere for the 11:00 "immigrants’ right's rights" protests (I go to a very liberal college in a liberal town: UT Austin). Anyway, immigrants have the same rights as people born in the US. So what is all the hype about? Oh I get it, they mean illegal aliens. I hate the way they sanitize the issue.

Another thing I find sort of amusing is how much legal immigrants despise the illegals. My roommate is from Eastern Europe and came here legally right before the fall of the USSR, and it wasn’t easy at all. In fact his family moved around Western Europe for a year trying to get visas to come to the US. His parents are both highly trained electrical engineers (equivalent of US masters w/ some PhD work). If illegal unskilled workers are given amnesty it is a spit in the face to the many highly trained Europeans who would be a valuable asset to our economy. Of course to oppose illegal immigration is to alienate the Latino/Hispanic vote.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:30:46 PM EDT
They better be liking their jobs now because when the housing bust comes, and it is coming, plus the recession starts and they quit building roads, there's going to be a lot of mojado motherfuckers sitting at home crying in their menudo.
No job equals no money to send home to support Mexico, then all the mofos can load up and head back from where they came from.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:47:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TexasRooter:
They better be liking their jobs now because when the housing bust comes, and it is coming, plus the recession starts and they quit building roads, there's going to be a lot of mojado motherfuckers sitting at home crying in their menudo.
No job equals no money to send home to support Mexico, then all the mofos can load up and head back from where they came from.

Wrong. If the illegal aliens are out of work they will ( and many do now ) get welfare and/or unemployment. More taxes for me so illegal aliens can get free shit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:49:46 PM EDT
Don't you have to prove citizenship to get welfare?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 12:52:04 PM EDT by callgood]
As luck would have it we had an estimated 9000 walk through our streets today.

1) After work I'll go home and cut my own damn grass. ETA: (as always).

2) My wife is giving standardized tests today. She was hoping her illegals and her ADHD anglo, AKA "Jumping Jack Flash" would all be out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:54:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sodie:

It's too bad that we can't refuse to recognize illegal mexicans with WIC, food stamps or refuse them hospital treatment on that protest day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:54:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Coop_K:

Apparently, with the right skin color and accent, you don't have to prove citizenship for a mortgage. Why would welfare be different?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:55:35 PM EDT

No. In some states it is against the rules ( Note I did not say law but rules ) to ask if someone applying for welfare is a citizen.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:46:33 PM EDT

Nope just go up and sign up with your kids get food stamps dshs gives you free medical and dental. What sucks is then when their done with that they go and get subsidised utility bills and if they ARE renting a house that is subsidised also. Then they go to the Lincoln or Caddy dealership and buy a fucken suv. You see once you have wellfare you open the door to all the other programs. All you do is take in a pay stub show you make 8.00 or so a hour have 3 kids. Now your in poverty. The you use all of the subsidised monies for your bills,etc and now your making about 20.00 a hour.
Top Top