Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:47:44 AM EDT
I have been getting a very bad vibe about this over the last few weeks from talking to many people that normally would not even care about issues like this. With the illegal alien problem, the port deal, gas almost $3.00 a gallon,  and our Government spending like a druken sailors what else can go wrong? Almost every American I talk to is very, very  angry and upset on what is going on both Dems & Reps. Just wondering if you all feel the same weird vibe from your friends and family?

I really feel that this illegal alien problem will explode into violence before it is over. I hope I am wrong.

I never thought I would see the day in my County when thousands of illegal criminlas can march down the street wanting rights while Police and National Guard watch and do nothing

Take Care and God Bless.....

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Not yet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nope. Not yet.

Agreed.  There's too many people that aren't aware, don't care, or are too lazy to do anything about it.  It's going to get a lot worse first.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I've talked to a lot of folks were are getting edgy about everything. The term "long, hot summer" keeps coming up. I hope that they are wrong.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nope. Not yet.

I think you may be right. I think most of it is lip service and people just venting. I have to say I have never seen most Americans from both politicial sides so angry over one issue as with the illegal alien problem.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
No, I don't think so, though I am afraid Bush and the republicans will bear the brunt of it all and we'll see a lot of democrats being elected at the next election.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#6]
It keeps getting closer and closer everyday
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, I don't think so, though I am afraid Bush and the republicans will bear the brunt of it all and we'll see a lot of democrats being elected at the next election.

I agree, Bush has really hurt the Repulican party. It will takes us years to recover the political damage that he has caused the Party. Unless the Dems run some total wack jobs I am afraid they will gain a lot of seats in D.C. when the election is over. Except for a few Patriots  both sides suck anymore.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting topic.

It is definitely possible.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That scares me more than a bunch of illegal aliens protesting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#10]
i still think there's a bit of a wait for the unrest some people seem to be craving
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I believe true unrest will come after dems are ellected and they F things over 10 times worse than the republicans have. Once the american people finally realise they cant trust either party, +gas $, + illegals, things will hit the crapper pretty quick.

Then its time to start over
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#12]

the AR15 family needs to get its' collective shit together and form its' own political party. we can be the reform party. our platform can be the reformation of current government, government spending, taxation, legislation, and of various government agencies so the "system" yields better results, quicker, and for less money.

*everyone* can get behind that, and a lot of people would.

we just have to start getting some members into various offices to get the ball rolling and break the ice a bit.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

the AR15 family needs to get its' collective shit together and form its' own political party. we can be the reform party. our platform can be the reformation of current government, government spending, taxation, legislation, and of various government agencies so the "system" yields better results, quicker, and for less money.

we just have to start getting some members into various offices to get the ball rolling and break the ice a bit.

Then at the first rally someone insists their way is the right way, but they don't want to take the lead, so they just sit back with a bullhorn and shout the candidate down... And everyone else involved...

And that's just at the first rally. Forget about the debates.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree with all of the points and observations made by the original poster. I've been saying for the last two years that the real problem with our borders isn't the threat of terrorists coming in, etc. It's the huge influx of persons who don't want to be Americans and embrace our history, values and culture - but who instead want to reclaim parts of the US for their culture. I believe that it will come to violence here, although I'm not convinced that it will come sooner than later. Give it 10 more years.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

We can't agree on Colt vs bushy, 45 vs 9mm, glock vs whatever.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#16]
In recent time the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer but the middle class still continues to getting richer, although at a slower pace than 10 years ago.  I think it will always be class warfare and economic disparity that will trigger internal conflict.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You want to see the Democrat Party and Republican Party cooperate?  Form a viable third party and they will waste no time destroying it in any one of a thousand subtle but profound ways.

Divide and Conquer is what has happened.  It doesn't matter if it was by accident or design.  I believe it's going to take a third party with MASSIVE popular support to get this country back on track.

Non hijack comment:  There won't be any civil unrest.  The groups supporting illegals, and the illegals themselves DO NOT want that.  Not yet anyway.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
i still think there's a bit of a wait for the unrest some people seem to be craving

* Liberal whining

* Illegal immigrant rallies

* Terrorists living on our own soil

* Riots all over the world for one reason or another, it's just a matter of time before it happens here...

Not saying you're wrong, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't something brewing in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Seems like an opportunity was missed.  1/2 million people gathered together.  Most claim to be illegal.  Strong police presence.  Ummmm Hmmmmm

.5 of 11 Million.  Seems like 4.5% of the problem could have been solved already.

That is thinking from a guy who welcomes the idea of legal immigration.  Hell 2 of my childhood friends gained citizenship in the 80's by serving in the military.  One is still serving at Ft. Hood.

Besides what is wrong with the logic.  If a citizen breaks federal law, they commit a felony.  Then when non citizens break federal law, it is a felony.  Seems like a level playing field to me.

"NO SE PUEDEO!"
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#20]
unrest or no, I will keep stockpiling ammo
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#21]
If it all goes BAD,  well....  SHIT HAPPENS....  I'm ready !
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm more worried about the uncivil unrest.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope. Not yet.

Agreed.  There's too many people that aren't aware, don't care, or are too lazy to do anything about it. It's going to get a lot worse first.

Agreed.   NOTHING will be done.

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes we can!  

I mean no we can't!  

Uh get both!!

Yup, we're fucked.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

* Liberal whining

* Illegal immigrant rallies

* Terrorists living on our own soil

* Riots all over the world for one reason or another, it's just a matter of time before it happens here...

Not saying you're wrong, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't something brewing in the near future.

+1 It just "Feels" like something afoot
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, Bush has really hurt the Repulican party. It will takes us years to recover the political damage that he has caused the Party. Unless the Dems run some total wack jobs I am afraid they will gain a lot of seats in D.C. when the election is over. Except for a few Patriots  both sides suck anymore.

Not this again.  What do you think CONGRESS has been doing?  Do they share any of the blame?  They haven't done crap about the budget, energy, or illegals.  They have been sitting on their hans for decades. The democrats successfully get their negative message out and the dumbass Republican just do nothing; EXCEPT blame Bush.  How about TERM LIMITS if you want positive change?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not this again.  What do you think CONGRESS has been doing?  Do they share any of the blame?  They haven't done crap about the budget, energy, or illegals.  They have been sitting on their hans for decades. The democrats successfully get their negative message out and the dumbass Republican just do nothing; EXCEPT blame Bush.  How about TERM LIMITS if you want positive change?

he's the defacto leader of the republican party, so he bears more responsibility than congress.

He hasn't vetoed one single damn bill in 6 years.

Reagan didn't have republican control of congress. But he got more done to advance a conservative agenda because he used the bully pulpit to drive the nation. GWB uses his power to appease democrats under the grand Rovian plan, and ends up advancing their cause instead of a conservative one.

GWB in the WOT overseas: B+. Could be more agressive.
GWB on securing our borders: F-
GWB on domestic spending: F

ETA: The rinos in the senate are a close second, but the tie breaker is the fact that GWB has campagined for them over their more conservative challengers in primary elections. He did it for specter (sellout) and he's doing it for chaffee (uber rino)
GWB on restraining the growth of goverment: F+
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#29]
congress is to blame, but the people look to the Presidend for leadership - and to take responsiblity.  As such I fear Bush is hurting the Rep party - and over something with as simple of solution as immigration - enforce the existing laws (especially against employers).
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#30]
doesn't make a damn bit of difference who's to blame.

the american people for right or for wrong have been soured on republicans and will most likely vote for a lot of democrats next.

hate to say it but the two parties are just different sides of the same intrusive large government tax and spend coin anyway.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

the american people for right or for wrong have been soured on republicans and will most likely vote for a lot of democrats next.

hate to say it but the two parties are just different sides of the same intrusive large government tax and spend coin anyway.

At least one side - the side we are on right now - has been 2/a tolerant.

(though I can't complain too much, my 2/a rights in MI have skyrocketed under the tenure of a totally lame Democratic Canadian import governess...)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That scares me more than a bunch of illegal aliens protesting.

+1, a hell of a lot more
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Do you think civil unrest is on its way in the near future?

I have a hard time thinking that .gov wont cave in, we'll let it happen and millions and millions of people will get what they want...That scares me more than having to protect my property and family.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I hope everyone is starting to see that republic/demo's are the same faced coin......

Bush is NOT the answer and your not a libtard or anti for thinking this!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I hope everyone is starting to see that republic/demo's are the same faced coin......

Um, ya you are....And the east side DID NOT destroy America, the evil communist wind from the west is what is hurting this nation.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least one side - the side we are on right now - has been 2/a tolerant.

(though I can't complain too much, my 2/a rights in MI have skyrocketed under the tenure of a totally lame Democratic Canadian import governess...)

That's true and was one of the reasons I voted for Bush and will probably vote republican again next time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yup, but there seems to be some still defending him here and slamming those who don't agree with Bush.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yes we did. The answer is "both."
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we don't need to agree on that stuff. the answers are clearly bushy, 9mm, and glock.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#40]

elkmontarms

Nope.

The vast majority of Americans live in a very small community, which doesn't pay any attention to what is happening in other parts of the country.  The closest many get to any issue that faces our nation is watching a 30 second segment on the news, as they flip channels to a different football game.  Most Americans are fat and happy: they have jobs (for now), can afford some form of housing (for now), can eat all of the junk food and 10 dollar steaks they want (for now), can be entertained by TV or video games or sports or any other number of trivial items, have a car or two, have some form of relationship with members of the opposite sex, can afford loads of luxery items, etc.  In other words, Americans have everything they want or could possibly ever want and are apathetic to anything that does not immediately effect them personally.  It doesn't really matter what happens to the country, as the vast majority could care less.  Something traumatic happens (9/11 terrorism), and for a short time there is interest in our country.  But we forget fast.

For any form of civil unrest to happen in this country, you need traumatic events to happen over and over to a significant amount of the population. A significant portion of the population need to lose their jobs and have no hope of another for a long time, then they need to lose their house and the ability to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse or McDonalds daily, followed by losing their luxery items, followed by losing the opiate of the masses(TV).  Then you may have a chance at some civil unrest, when a good portion of the middle class has been beat down over and over and is watching it's children die of starvation.  Even that is doubtful though, as any form of unrest that involves the middle-class normal people would be swiftly and brutally stopped by the government.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, ya you are....And the east side DID NOT destroy America, the evil communist wind from the west is what is hurting this nation.

Where's Congress and The White House located?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#42]
No, not yet.
At least not from white people. Mexican illegals? Who knows, I don't live around enough of them.

What I do know is this decade is starting to play out like the 60s.
Decreasing confidence in gov't.
Controversial War.
Civil unrest similar to the early to mid 60's and which eventually resulted in rioting, burning and looting.
In some regards this is worse than the early-mid 60's as we have opened ourselves to our enemies.

Really something that GWB may do more damage to the Untied States than anyone since LBJ. And he was the worst President in the history of our nation.

But I think 10 years is more realistic, possibly 20-25. And in 25 years how many Mexicans do you think are going to be here?
If Bush has his way there will be 60million in 10 years.

I don't know what to even say anymore. I know it cannot be solved thru the political process though I am going Constitution Party and will try to work to build that. I know that is not the answer though and I also know that if we wait 10-30 years we are really going to be screwed. By then our economy is going to be in collapse and Chian will be in the process of taking much of Asia including control of ME oil fields. None of that is going to help one bit.

I wish I were the leader the country needs but I am not. Someone is going to have to step up who is.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

elkmontarms

Nope.

The vast majority of Americans live in a very small community, which doesn't pay any attention to what is happening in other parts of the country.  The closest many get to any issue that faces our nation is watching a 30 second segment on the news, as they flip channels to a different football game.  Most Americans are fat and happy: they have jobs (for now), can afford some form of housing (for now), can eat all of the junk food and 10 dollar steaks they want (for now), can be entertained by TV or video games or sports or any other number of trivial items, have a car or two, have some form of relationship with members of the opposite sex, can afford loads of luxery items, etc.  In other words, Americans have everything they want or could possibly ever want and are apathetic to anything that does not immediately effect them personally.  It doesn't really matter what happens to the country, as the vast majority could care less.  Something traumatic happens (9/11 terrorism), and for a short time there is interest in our country.  But we forget fast.

For any form of civil unrest to happen in this country, you need traumatic events to happen over and over to a significant amount of the population. A significant portion of the population need to lose their jobs and have no hope of another for a long time, then they need to lose their house and the ability to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse or McDonalds daily, followed by losing their luxery items, followed by losing the opiate of the masses(TV).  Then you may have a chance at some civil unrest, when a good portion of the middle class has been beat down over and over and is watching it's children die of starvation.  Even that is doubtful though, as any form of unrest that involves the middle-class normal people would be swiftly and brutally stopped by the government.

A huge +1 to this....and I'll add that somewhere along the line, COMMUNITIES got erased. We go to work, come home, pay our mortgages, take our vacations...we live insular lives and have no idea what's happening beyond our own property lines. THAT is why we are fast becomming a nation of disaffected people: ripe for being taken advantage of by our elected officials...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#44]
It is emminent.

Simply to many factors at one time.

We still have time for things to get
worse before the Second shot heard around the
world is taken .
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Not yet.  If we deploy troops to Iran I bet the summer will go up a degree or two.  We can only fight so many wars on so many fronts by ourselves.  Great Britian DOES NOT count as a real ally.  If we had the germans really behind us that would be a different story.  We loose alot of influence everyday in the world.  Be it right or wrong it is happening.
The latinos are getting a bit vocal and they are starting to realize that they have a MASSIVE
political and economic tool.  That is LABOR and buying power.  This is just the natural way of things.  More of them live
here everyday and they will breeed the whites out.  Kinda like what happened to Texas.  Granted the
dictatorship os Santa ana did not help but the war was fought mostly by whites. So this little fact is not lost on the recent imports here.  In truth the ones born here are glad they were.

Oh well I am glad I have food and water in reserve.

oh and to anybody that says  that the latins dont hold a grudge, well I hope we never see it.
jim
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Not yet.  If we deploy troops to Iran I bet the summer will go up a degree or two.  We can only fight so many wars on so many fronts by ourselves.  Great Britian DOES NOT count as a real ally.  If we had the germans really behind us that would be a different story.  We loose alot of influence everyday in the world.  Be it right or wrong it is happening.
The latinos are getting a bit vocal and they are starting to realize that they have a MASSIVE
political and economic tool.  That is LABOR and buying power.  This is just the natural way of things.  More of them live
here everyday and they will breeed the whites out.  Kinda like what happened to Texas.  Granted the
dictatorship os Santa ana did not help but the war was fought mostly by whites. So this little fact is not lost on the recent imports here.  In truth the ones born here are glad they were.

Oh well I am glad I have food and water in reserve.

oh and to anybody that says  that the latins dont hold a grudge, well I hope we never see it.
jim

WE will. MO is that GWB believes the Mexicans are going to solve the SSI debacle. Yeah, they're going to support us old white gringos in our old age...

LMAO. Worst president since LBJ. Worse even then Carter. Problem is it is going to be be 20yrs down the road before we realize the damage. Probably. At the rate things are going it is truly anyone's guess.

I swear to God, GWB makes Clinton look good. Un-fucking-beleivable.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I sent an email off to GWB today.
Won't make any difference, I suppose, but it did make me feel better.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I sent an email off to GWB today.
Won't make any difference, I suppose, but it did make me feel better.

Hope you kept it civil.  Hate for you to wind up in Gitmo...  

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I don't think people are craving unrest so much as they are craving a change or action of some type.  One thing people in general hate more than anything else (or at least nearly anything else) is the feeling of being powerless.  That's how a great many people feel right now.  Criminals who openly flaunt our laws are swarming over our unprotected borders and our gutless elected officials cower and wring their hands like frightened schoolgirls, all the while trying to fob us off with empty rhetoric and verbal bullshit.

We watch them desecrate our flag.  We watch as our candy assed government stands idly by and does nothing when they could march in there "Waco" style and send the scoundrels scurrying.  We watch as the freedom to protest that our forefathers fought and died for is abused by foreign nationals who trespass down our streets under a foreign flag, for all intents and purposes spitting in our faces and daring us to do anything about it.

As normal men this pisses us the fuck off.

I think more and more people want some type of ACTION on some front, whatever that front may be.  All it would take is to start locking up the bastards who employ these people and in six months we wouldn't NEED a border fence.  But, you see, our politicians are bought and paid for and what passes for a government now is, you can rest assured, just as corrupt as any of the famous 19th century political "machines".

We have to, somehow, some way, start sending MEN to Washington, men of substance, instead of filthy rich fucksticks willing to sell the next generation's birthright down the river for a dollar.  Where are we going to find men of substance to run for office?  I haven't a clue since it costs a trillion fucking dollars to run a campaign which, as we all know, was how the founding fathers intended it.

Bill Frist and his "labor problem" can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think people are craving unrest so much as they are craving a change or action of some type.  One thing people in general hate more than anything else (or at least nearly anything else) is the feeling of being powerless.  That's how a great many people feel right now.  Criminals who openly flaunt our laws are swarming over our unprotected borders and our gutless elected officials cower and wring their hands like frightened schoolgirls, all the while trying to fob us off with empty rhetoric and verbal bullshit.

We watch them desecrate our flag.  We watch as our candy assed government stands idly by and does nothing when they could march in there "Waco" style and send the scoundrels scurrying.  We watch as the freedom to protest that our forefathers fought and died for is abused by foreign nationals who trespass down our streets under a foreign flag, for all intents and purposes spitting in our faces and daring us to do anything about it.

As normal men this pisses us the fuck off.

I think more and more people want some type of ACTION on some front, whatever that front may be.  All it would take is to start locking up the bastards who employ these people and in six months we wouldn't NEED a border fence.  But, you see, our politicians are bought and paid for and what passes for a government now is, you can rest assured, just as corrupt as any of the famous 19th century political "machines".

We have to, somehow, some way, start sending MEN to Washington, men of substance, instead of filthy rich fucksticks willing to sell the next generation's birthright down the river for a dollar.  Where are we going to find men of substance to run for office?  I haven't a clue since it costs a trillion fucking dollars to run a campaign which, as we all know, was how the founding fathers intended it.

Bill Frist and his "labor problem" can kiss my ass.

+1 excellent post
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top