Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 6:47:07 AM EDT
Any of you guys listen to Dream Theater?  A friend of mine just turned me on to their music.

He loaned me the album "Scenes From A Memory."  Wow.

The musicianship is incredible.  I can hear influences from ELP, David Gilmour, and Rush.  These guys are good.

The lyrics are kinda New Age, but these guys are hot musicians.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
One thing about Dream Theater, whether you like their music or not....is that their musicianship is very impressive - they're good at what they do.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Go out and get Train of Thought! It is the best Dream Theater CD in my opinion!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have their first cd, but that was a few years back... I am to old for that shit now !
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have their first cd, but that was a few years back... I am to old for that shit now !

You're too old too listen to music?  

Dream Theater is a big favorite of mine.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
"Awake" is my favorite (I'm listening to it right now). Some of the songs are kinda heavy, and yes, Petrucci is a guitar god. I have been thinking about getting "Octavarium", I have read good things about it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I sold my old bedroom furniture to one of the members of Dream Theatre more than 10 years ago.

How's that for an odd thing to do?

You never know who your neighbors are in New York. Yes, it was legit, the RIAA awards hanging in the hallway were real.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top