User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, according to this poll 63% of ARF's think people who own dangerous animals should be held accountable for the damage caused by their animals.

Simple trespassing should not be a death sentence. I hate thieves etc. also. But the same job could have been done with dogs who bark and are not inclined to basically kill a person. These same dogs could escape into the community and attack a totally innocent person.

If these dogs had protected someone in a deadly force incident I would call them hero's. But that's not what happened in this case. They killed someone for simple trespassing.

Owners of dangerouse animals should be held accountable for their animals behavior.

You would think that all these Pit Bull lovers would support this stance, since they claim Pits are such docile animals who never hurt anybody all on their own. They always claim it's owners not the dogs.

So let the owners be responsible. Simple enough?

These dogs weren't running the street. If they had been, I'd be agreeing with you. But if you ignore my beware of dog signs and vault my 7 foot block wall into my yard, then YOU are the idiot. YOU are responsible for your injuries and any damage to MY property. If my dog bites you on the street, then I am in the wrong. If my dog (ANY BREED) kicks your retarded ass once you break into MY DOMICILE to include my back yard, the YOU ARE THE IDIOT WITH STICHES, and I don't feel even a LITTLE BIT bad for you.

Same thing goes for the retards who try to rob people with a toy gun--if you get shot, it's because YOU'RE a MORON.

So if this pack of Pit Bulls had been out on the street and killed someone, would you support jailing the owners?

yes.

the tresspasser's actions got him into trouble. His jumping the fence preceeded the attack which occurred on private property.

G.T's pool analogy is actually quite appropriate.  If some asshole jumps my fence, falls into the pool and drowns, should his family be able to sue me because he's an idiot even though I was adhering to to the local zoning laws?

In a suit-seeking society (let's blame someone else!) you have to draw the line somewhere...

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:13:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You do realize if you boobytrap your property and a trespasser is severly injured or killed you are responsible? And will be sent to jail.

But you guys take up the Pit side no matter where the attacks happen, inside fences or out in street.

Again if you choose to own an animal be it a Pit, Tiger, Lion or whatever that mauls or kills someone the owner should go to jail.

Dude, you can't be that dense. A dog is not a trap. A dog is a pet. A pet is property. What you're saying is that if someone jumps my fence, and is injured by property, I should go to jail. Not the idiot who jumped my fence. Tell me you're kidding.

Where in Californistan are you?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, according to this poll 63% of ARF's think people who own dangerous animals should be held accountable for the damage caused by their animals.

Simple trespassing should not be a death sentence. I hate thieves etc. also. But the same job could have been done with dogs who bark and are not inclined to basically kill a person. These same dogs could escape into the community and attack a totally innocent person.

If these dogs had protected someone in a deadly force incident I would call them hero's. But that's not what happened in this case. They killed someone for simple trespassing.

Owners of dangerouse animals should be held accountable for their animals behavior.

You would think that all these Pit Bull lovers would support this stance, since they claim Pits are such docile animals who never hurt anybody all on their own. They always claim it's owners not the dogs.

If the dogs had gotten loose and attacked someone, I'd side with you (except it's a civil matter in my mind not a criminal one unless you directed their behaviour).  However, as far as I'm concerned if you tresspass YOU expose yourself to any life-threatening hazards that exist there.  If they kill you... too bad, break your leg, too bad.... rip your face off, too bad.  The law may require you to make your property safe and secure for trespassers but that doesn't make me think it's right.

You do realize if you boobytrap your property and a trespasser is severly injured or killed you are responsible? And will be sent to jail.

I don't see dogs as a 'boobytrap' unless you can show they were trained specifically to kill

But you guys take up the Pit side no matter where the attacks happen, inside fences or out in street.
Bullshit.  You don't make your point more credible by flat out lying.

Again if you choose to own an animal be it a Pit, Tiger, Lion or whatever that mauls or kills someone the owner should go to jail.

And again I disagree.  If you took measures to seperate it from the public and those measures are defeated on purpose.  Too bad for the 'victim'.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:14:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the dogs had gotten loose and attacked someone, I'd side with you (except it's a civil matter in my mind not a criminal one unless you directed their behaviour).  However, as far as I'm concerned if you tresspass YOU expose yourself to any life-threatening hazards that exist there.  If they kill you... too bad, break your leg, too bad.... rip your face off, too bad.  The law may require you to make your property safe and secure for trespassers but that doesn't make me think it's right.

Again if you choose to own an animal be it a Pit, Tiger, Lion, poorly raised child or whatever that mauls or kills someone the owner should go to jail.

Don't forget this one as long as we're going to hold people responsible for those under their care.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

These dogs weren't running the street. If they had been, I'd be agreeing with you. But if you ignore my beware of dog signs and vault my 7 foot block wall into my yard, then YOU are the idiot. YOU are responsible for your injuries and any damage to MY property. If my dog bites you on the street, then I am in the wrong. If my dog (ANY BREED) kicks your retarded ass once you break into MY DOMICILE to include my back yard, the YOU ARE THE IDIOT WITH STICHES, and I don't feel even a LITTLE BIT bad for you.

Same thing goes for the retards who try to rob people with a toy gun--if you get shot, it's because YOU'RE a MORON.

So if this pack of Pit Bulls had been out on the street and killed someone, would you support jailing the owners?

yes.

the tresspasser's actions got him into trouble. His jumping the fence preceeded the attack which occurred on private property.

G.T's pool analogy is actually quite appropriate.  If some asshole jumps my fence, falls into the pool and drowns, should his family be able to sue me because he's an idiot even though I was adhering to to the local zoning laws?

In a suit-seeking society (let's blame someone else!) you have to draw the line somewhere...

I agree on the pool issue. But a pool does not have a mind of it's own.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The dogs should be shot.

The owners of these animals should go to jail for at least 10-12 years.

Are you trying to stir shit up again?

No, it has as much thought behind it as Markm's 87 posts.

Which is infinitely more thought than the diminished brain capacity of a pit bull owner could ever possbile hope to have behind it.

Ironic statement coming from a 'devil dog'....Let me be the first one with diminished brain capacity to tell you to go fuck yourself.

At least you are honest.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, you can't be that dense. A dog is not a trap. A dog is a pet. A pet is property. What you're saying is that if someone jumps my fence, and is injured by property, I should go to jail. Not the idiot who jumped my fence. Tell me you're kidding.

Where in Californistan are you?

No but if your animal mauls or kills someone. You should go to jail.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#8]
compton is oneo f the most crime, drug, and gang infested communites in the US and criminals and vicious dogs are common,

but i am sure there are a few dozen good guys out there, just not these two,

as for those who feal that their home is there castle and to be protected at all cost, im sorry but we dont live in that world anymore, and the is a pretty good chance, that you will either go to jail, or be sued into the next century

this is the same thing if a trespasser was on you property, and you take an M4, and shoot him in the back of the head when he is running away with out a weapon, yeah the dumb shit was on your property but that is not a death penelty.  

so after seeing three attacking dogs, im sure that any idiot would run away and was not fast enough.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see dogs as a 'boobytrap' unless you can show they were trained specifically to kill

And again I disagree.  If you took measures to seperate it from the public and those measures are defeated on purpose.  Too bad for the 'victim'.

Whatever. Most of the pit lovers defend the breed to the very end. No matter where, what and when the attacks happen.

They always blame the owners and not the animal. Fine jail the owners.

Again, I could care less if it's Pit, Lion or pet alligator. It belongs to you and mauls or kills someone you should go to jail.

If that started happening there would be a lot less of these attacks.

Civil suit? Half these attacks you see the owners are trash and have no money.

Money will not bring back the children or people these animals maul and kill.

Put the owners in jail.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
compton is oneo f the most crime, drug, and gang infested communites in the US and criminals and vicious dogs are common,

but i am sure there are a few dozen good guys out there, just not these two,

as for those who feal that their home is there castle and to be protected at all cost, im sorry but we dont live in that world anymore, and the is a pretty good chance, that you will either go to jail, or be sued into the next century

this is the same thing if a trespasser was on you property, and you take an M4, and shoot him in the back of the head when he is running away with out a weapon, yeah the dumb shit was on your property but that is not a death penelty.  

so after seeing three attacking dogs, im sure that any idiot would run away and was not fast enough.

Someone get's it. Along with 63% of the other ARF's.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Man Tresspasses, (for what reason?)
Jumps Fence, (there to keep said man out)
Is attacked by guard dogs(doing their "job")
Guards call the dogs off(Sounds to me like well trained dogs?)
Unfortuately the man is mauled(the result of his illegal actions)
So sorry, but as someone pointed out earlier, "I don't jump over fences that are not mine."

Everything else is speculation and opinion.

JMHO & YMMV

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
look, i love dogs, i have a huski and a malamute, both breads look like wolves and are intimadatin but do not have a history of agression,

the dogs have been bread for thousands of years to work and live with man and not be agressive watch dogs,

the dogs serve as a deteriant, and any body whom is bold enough to come into my home will be driven of by me and an M4 that i have 100 percent control over
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

There have been cases of people crossing barriers at Zoo's, animal parks, etc. and getting close to dangerous animals and getting mauled. Am not aware of anyone getting killed, but it may have happened. People have been seriously mauled and could have been killed. Are these "owners" responsible/liable? Should they be? If not, what is the difference?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Just an aside:

my father in law was in the car salvage business and he swiitched to electric fences from guard dogs because of the liability issues.

Apparently, if someone gets hurt by your guard dog after climbing a fence marked with signs you are a liable. But if someone gets hurt climbing a electric fence with marked with signs, then you are  fine.

I don;t see much of a difference, but apparently lawyers, judges, and juries think there is.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said the dogs, all pit bull mixes, attacked the man after he jumped the fence at the Cal State Steel Company. Security guards who heard his screams called 911.

this place sounds like a large industrial type business, i assume the fences were pretty damn high, being in Compton. I guarantee it has prolly been hit b4, the fact the owners needed guard dogs and guards
the guy just happened to jump a fence, pleeeeez

For entering a junkyard;
1 Find out IF there are guard dogs,owner with shotgun....
2 Find out where the guard dogs/owner is........
3If there are guard dogs,bring steak/baloney..........
4 If going for parts on a car,make sure there are no little friends there(wasps,snakes,killer rabbits).

Sounds like he broke #1,#2. Must not have too much common sense(amazing for a thief in Compton).
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The dogs should be shot.

Why? It sounds to me like the dogs did their job.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever. Most of the pit lovers defend the breed to the very end. No matter where, what and when the attacks happen.

Again, I could care less if it's Pit, Lion or pet alligator. It belongs to you and mauls or kills someone you should go to jail.

Put the owners in jail.

Jail doesn't bring people back either.  Neither does crimalizing every mishap.  If the animals get loose you have a civil case, if the trash don't have much then you have the same problem you would if their trashy teen killed a family member in wreck with the car he took without permission.

I don't agree with you.  Never going to.  And it's not "whatever".  If you plan to paint me into a group you want to call out, make sure I'm a member before you do so.  Otherwise I will call you on it.  I have yet to see the defenders of free-range killer pit bulls you tried to lump me into here today.  It's a poor debate tactic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#18]
The dogs were behind a fence on their own property and anyone who climbs the fence is fair game. That fucker knew he didn't belong there and got his Darwn award.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Just an aside:

my father in law was in the car salvage business and he swiitched to electric fences from guard dogs because of the liability issues.

Apparently, if someone gets hurt by your guard dog after climbing a fence marked with signs you are a liable. But if someone gets hurt climbing a electric fence with marked with signs, then you are  fine.

I don;t see much of a difference, but apparently lawyers, judges, and juries think there is.

"Doesn't have to make sense.  It's the law."  Just repeat that until you stop questioning it.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I don't think they'll have room for steak after "Prowler al la Carte"...

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Put the owners in jail.

Jail doesn't bring people back either.  Neither does crimalizing every mishap.  If the animals get loose you have a civil case, if the trash don't have much then you have the same problem you would if their trashy teen killed a family member in wreck with the car he took without permission.

I don't agree with you.  Never going to.  And it's not "whatever".  If you plan to paint me into a group you want to call out, make sure I'm a member before you do so.  Otherwise I will call you on it.  I have yet to see the defenders of free-range killer pit bulls you tried to lump me into here today.  It's a poor debate tactic.

You say Civil, I say Jail, actually I like both.

But jail is better.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hopefully they kill the dogs, which they deserve, being even partially a pit.

OK, I hope I don't violate COC here, but I am fed up with your crap.

You opinionated pig headed ignorant POS.  Get a friggen life.  You are constantly condemming a breed of dogs that you obviously know nothing about.  This is nothing short of bigotry.  What if the dogs had been Sheperds or chows or dobies?  All of them, if trained for that purpose would have done the same thing.  What about if the security guard had shot the guy?  Kill the security guard?  These animals were TRAINED to act this way.  I have a pit bull (full blooded) and he is extremely nice.  He plays with kids and other animals and harms no one or any thing.  He even plays with the neighbors cat.  I challenge you to try to kill him because you would not survive such an attempt.  NOt because of what the dog would do, but what I would do to you.  I have just had enough of your comments.  They are no different than if you made comments about people based on race or religion.  If you don't like pits then stay the fuck out of threads that mention them or STFU

To the mods.  I apologize to you and the rest of the members for my statements, but stand by them.  His comments are offensive to those of us that own and love our pits just as racially charged comments affect those that are of a particular race.  I have been seeing his crap for quite a while now and have had all I will take from it.  So, again, to the mods and the others I apologize for going off.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The dogs should be shot.

Just expressing my opinion.

I in no way condone the guy trespassing.

Owners should be responsible for their animals and if they kill or maul someone they should be punished.

My previous post applies to you too.  If some one breaks into your house and you shoot him, you should be put to death.  What a bunch of fucking morons you are.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Guess things are different around here.  I know of several cases were just that type of thing was done.  

Some examples from Topeka Kansas:

Stephen Shively a guy one block over from me shot a cop (Tony Patterson) in the heart through the arm pit while said cop was battering his door with a ram, killed him on the spot.  He was charged, found not guilty.

Robber enters liquor store, robs clerk, walks out front door and heads to alley.  Clerk goes out back door, shoots robber in the back of the head with a .357 magnum at a distance of 50 yards.  No charges.

Burglar is working a guys car over, owner approaches burglar from his home with a shotgun, pops burglar in the leg.  Judge tells burglar tough, that is part of the risk of his chosen vocation.

In KC, MO about 8 years ago, robber takes off with a bag of cash from an armored car officer at a convince store, officer shoots him in the back several times preventing his escape.  No charges.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Dogs did their job. Now that they have acquired a taste for humans, they should be destroyed.

Guard dogs should be as legitimate as police dogs. They are used by people for protection.

That's why dogs are used, they are disposable.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

This shows your total FUCKING ignorance.  If it were any other dog the breed would have never been mentioned.  This is just the Communist jackass liberals from Kalifornia making everything ok for crimminals and blaming there crime on everyone else.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#27]
dogs did their job, not their fault the moron was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The dogs should be shot.

Owners should be responsible for their animals and if they kill or maul someone they should be punished.

My previous post applies to you too.  If some one breaks into your house and you shoot him, you should be put to death.  What a bunch of fucking morons you are.

Whatever.

Ohhhhh, big bad PsyWuss.

I'm so scared. Shaking in my shoes.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Dogs did their job. Now that they have acquired a taste for humans, they should be destroyed.

Guard dogs should be as legitimate as police dogs. They are used by people for protection.

I agree. But police dogs have a handler with them constantly. Or they are pinned up.

Not running loose.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. But police dogs have a handler with them constantly. Or they are pinned up.

Not running loose.

Police dogs don't guard or patrol large fenced areas do they?  Completely different situations.

Interesting point.  That could be an issue.  Once they have attacked and seriously injured a person they may well be a greater than average danger.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

No they are not.  Just because they are animals does not make them disposable.  (no, I am not a vegetarian)  It serves no purpose to kill these animals for doing what is right  They defended the property as they were trained to do.  The comment posted about 100% control of our firearm is also fallacious.  The dogs were under control.  They were within the boundries of the property and backed off as soon as they were told to.  

Possible scenario.  You awaken to noise in the middle of the night, your wife sleeping next to you.  You grab your pistol and check the house.  You see a person silhouetted by light coming into the window from the street.  You aim and fire.  Turns out that it was a 16 mentally handicapped kid that got lost and broke your door thinking he was at the right place.  You should go to jail or even get the death penalty as you seem to want for these dogs that did EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The dogs should be shot.

Whatever.

Ohhhhh, big bad PsyWuss.

I'm so scared. Shaking in my shoes.

OK mr Crimson Terd.  You prove my point.  That inbreeding down there is definitely showing up.  Also seem to have a little valley girl in you.  Don't you?  "Whatever"....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Here is this morons dealing with Pits.

I've been on three dog bite calls for Pits. All involved the Pits getting loose and attacking an innocent person.

One case, upper middle class neighborhood, pure bred dog, pics of dog and kids in the house, good family (I know the family personally), dog never bit anyone in the past. One day the owners kid opened the gate to their backyard. The dog saw a 4 year old little girl riding her toy arcross the street in her driveway.

The dog shot out of the gate, ran across the road, ripped the girl off her toy and proceeded to maul her. Luckily the owner of the dog was able to intervene within a few moments. But not soon enough to prevent a trip to the ER and several stitches.

The dog just went off. No reason what so ever.

The only good thing that came out of that deal was proving 230 gr Hydrashoks work wonders on Pits.

The other two cases were your common white trash, trailer park, got loose and bit someone deals. But still led to trips to the ER. Both were unprovoked attacks.

So put up or shut up.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I've been on three dog bite calls for Pits. All involved the Pits getting loose and attacking an innocent person.

One case, upper middle class neighborhood, pure bred dog, pics of dog and kids in the house, good family (I know the family personally), dog never bit anyone in the past. One day the owners kid opened the gate to their backyard. The dog saw a 4 year old little girl riding her toy arcross the street in her driveway.

The dog shot out of the gate, ran across the road, ripped the girl off her toy and proceeded to maul her. Luckily the owner of the dog was able to intervene within a few moments. But not soon enough to prevent a trip to the ER and several stitches.

The only good thing that came out of that deal was proving 230 gr Hydrashoks work wonders on Pits.

The other two cases were your common white trash, trailer park, got loose and bit someone deals(reall good english there mr. inbred). But still led to trips to the ER. Both were unprovoked attacks.

So put up or shut up.

OK, I am putting up.  All three examples, the dog got out.  They were un controlled.  They were probably also untrained.  We teach our dog to be friendly.  He plays with other dogs (ours stays on our property, other dogs and cats wander the neighborhood when they get loose) and cats and the whole neighborhood knows him.  They all play with and pet him.  He is very playful, but not in any way dangerous unless provoked by some one messing with me, my fiance' or her son.  We have had children over ranging in age from newborn through 18.  He has never attacked or bitten anyone, but plays with all.  The new born, he sniffed and walked away.  When the baby cries, he will bark at its mother until she goes to the baby.  He is a very attentive and loving dog.  And no friggen inbred is going to put a hydrashock in him without catching one themself.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yes, ARFCOM recommeds guard dogs to help defend property, as long as they are not big guard dog type dogs because those are just child eating monsters.  Best to get a toy poodle, except those are teh gay and who wants to be gay?  So, maybe a pack of ferrel cats, except cats are only for shooting or running over.  Maybe just a fearsome gerbil then?

Nope.. no gerblis.. The RIchard Gere story has tainted the reputation of gerblis....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Looks like someone's surviving family just won the lawsuit lottery.  I hope the former owners of the steel yard feel it was worth it.

The lawyers are going to make a fortune.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The other two cases were your common white trash, trailer park, got loose and bit someone deals(reall good english there mr. inbred). But still led to trips to the ER. Both were unprovoked attacks.

So put up or shut up.

OK, I am putting up.  All three examples, the dog got out.  They were un controlled.  They were probably also untrained.  We teach our dog to be friendly.  He plays with other dogs (ours stays on our property, other dogs and cats wander the neighborhood when they get loose) and cats and the whole neighborhood knows him.  They all play with and pet him.  He is very playful, but not in any way dangerous unless provoked by some one messing with me, my fiance' or her son.  We have had children over ranging in age from newborn through 18.  He has never attacked or bitten anyone, but plays with all.  The new born, he sniffed and walked away.  When the baby cries, he will bark at its mother until she goes to the baby.  He is a very attentive and loving dog.  And no friggen inbred is going to put a hydrashock in him without catching one themself.

Uhhhh, I'm so scared once again.

Actually the owner in the little girl case asked me to shoot the dog in that case.

Funny a guy from TN calling someone from AL an inbred. Go pet your dog it will make you feel better.

ETA: I've never been one to think the whole pit ownership thing was about short penis syndrome. But I'm starting to change my mind about it after this conversation.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, ARFCOM recommeds guard dogs to help defend property, as long as they are not big guard dog type dogs because those are just child eating monsters.  Best to get a toy poodle, except those are teh gay and who wants to be gay?  So, maybe a pack of ferrel cats, except cats are only for shooting or running over.  Maybe just a fearsome gerbil then?

Nope.. no gerblis.. The RIchard Gere story has tainted the reputation of gerblis....

The attack gerbils will run up your leg, enter your rectum and maul you from the inside out.  They come equipped with Scaba (self contained anal breathing apparatus) tanks and can therefor survive the harsh enviornment of hood rat rectum.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#39]
So you have dealt with 3 pitbulls and now your an expert? My uncles cocker spaniel bit me on the leg a couple years ago. My sisters cocker spaniel snapped at me last year. I guess im an expert also. You say the little girl was "mauled". What exactly is mauled. Where does being bitten stop and being mauled begin? I think any animal attack is a bite until "pitbull" is brought in then its automatically described as vicious mauling. Why try to sensationalize it. I think if she was truely mauled it would have required more than a few stitches and a trip to the ER.

Also I cant fathom how this is even being debated. Some of you people are so hung up on the anti-pitbull bandwagon its amazing. Lets look at this for what it was and for the sake of the arguement lets say it was 3 german sheperds.

1. Man owns business in crime infested town
2. Man builds fence around his private property
3. Man gets 3 german sheperds to patrol his business when nobody else is around
4. Stupid fuck decides he wants to steal some of  Mr. Business Owners private property (I mean come on guys why the hell else would you climb over a fence into a junk yard...lets be real on this)
5. Stupid fuck gets his ass whooped by Mr. Business Owner's GUARD dogs (they arent called GUARD dogs for no reason....and why would you get guard dogs that dont guard? you really think a dog barking is going to stop a determined criminal??? and how are they going to alert somebody is somebody aint there?)
6. Mr. Business Owner loses NONE of his property thanks to his trusty guard dogs

sounds like a mission accomplished too me
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

ANd you don't deserve to own guns, being even partly a liberal.

Ban the dog, but don't ban my gun.

Whatever.

The dogs were in an enclosed area, where no one was in danger from them UNLESS THEY BROKE THE LAW AND JUMPED THE FENCE.

THe dogs stood down when ORDERED to. Sounds like properly trained dogs to me.

Or, look at it the other way: a polic dog attacks you. Should the handler be charged with assault or manslaughter for injuries sustained, or death?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So you have dealt with 3 pitbulls and now your an expert? My uncles cocker spaniel bit me on the leg a couple years ago. My sisters cocker spaniel snapped at me last year. I guess im an expert also. You say the little girl was "mauled". What exactly is mauled. Where does being bitten stop and being mauled begin? I think any animal attack is a bite until "pitbull" is brought in then its automatically described as vicious mauling. Why try to sensationalize it. I think if she was truely mauled it would have required more than a few stitches and a trip to the ER.

Also I cant fathom how this is even being debated. Some of you people are so hung up on the anti-pitbull bandwagon its amazing. Lets look at this for what it was and for the sake of the arguement lets say it was 3 german sheperds.

4. Stupid fuck decides he wants to steal some of  Mr. Business Owners private property (I mean come on guys why the hell else would you climb over a fence into a junk yard...lets be real on this)
5. Stupid fuck gets his ass whooped by Mr. Business Owner's GUARD dogs (they arent called GUARD dogs for no reason....and why would you get guard dogs that dont guard? you really think a dog barking is going to stop a determined criminal??? and how are they going to alert somebody is somebody aint there?)
6. Mr. Business Owner loses NONE of his property thanks to his trusty guard dogs

I've been on several more dog bite calls involving labs, cocker spaniels and other breeds. But these did not require trips to the ER. Just some broken skin. From memory the majority were caused by someones interaction with dog, pulling it's ears etc.

The pit bull attacks were unprovoked attacks. Guy cutting grass and the other was just someone walking down the street.

The girl had several stitches to her face, puncture wounds to her arms and thighs.

I've never claimed to be an expert. Just relating my previous expierence with the breed.

A property owner can protect his property without using a pack of dogs that are known to kill more than any other breed of dog.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Maybe we should just outlaw breaking the law... then we could do away with assault dogs, assault guns, and cops......
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been on several more dog bite calls involving labs, cocker spaniels and other breeds. But these did not require trips to the ER. Just some broken skin. From memory the majority were caused by someones interaction with dog, pulling it's ears etc.

The pit bull attacks were unprovoked attacks. Guy cutting grass and the other was just someone walking down the street.

The girl had several stitches to her face, puncture wounds to her arms and thighs.

I've never claimed to be an expert. Just relating my previous expierence with the breed.

A property owner can protect his property without using a pack of dogs that are known to kill more than any other breed of dog.

Every animal bite should mean a trip to the hospital. You have no idea what kind of crap you can get from an animal bite.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
how would you feel if it was couple kids who jumped the fence just being kids, would being mualed to death be ok,  and justified? point is the owner didnt not have control of the dog

yes they are great guard dogs, but unlike guns, an inproperly trained/ abused guard dog left alone has the potential to harm the wrong person by mistake

once again, it was in compton, what do you expect

head.gif

Howabout parents resume teaching their crumbsnatchers to STAY OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE'S SHIT? The world is not a playground for little Timmy and Tommy with the matching bump caps and drool bibs. The DOG WAS IN A FENCED AREA. It doesn't get much more controlled than that.

If the kids did that they would be committing the same crime as the burgular, far as I'm concerned.
Kid jumps your fence and your dog kills him, attaboy. Little bastard was breaking the law. When you do stupid shit like illegally enter someone elses property, go somewhere you SHOULD NOT BE you are taking a risk and deserve what you get.
I'm getting a pit one day, probably a Bull Mastiff and a Dobie as well. Betcha nothing happens.
Dogs Rule
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Every animal bite should mean a trip to the hospital. You have no idea what kind of crap you can get from an animal bite.

While in theory I agree with you. The majority of the time, a little peroxide, a bandaid and kiss from mom heals the wounds just fine.

Kind of hard to do with pit bites like this though.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Compton????  

Well, obviously the dogs were racist dogs.  

Trained and put there by "the man" to keep the black man down.....or at least behind the fence.

The racist dogs must die!

ETA:  I knew a piece of work here in Poughkeepsie that trained his german shepard to go nuts whenever it saw a black person.  He lived in a bad part of town that was getting worse every week with robberies, dog-nappings, drug activity, etc.

Interesting morality situation because he had a nice safe little enclave in the vacinity of his house and the local foot traffic in his "hood" was severly reduced by local presence of said dog.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You are demonstrating what is known as a "knee-jerk" reaction.

Because you know that guard dos are NOT considered the same thing as a deadly boobytrap.
Not according to the law.
And you KNOW this.

Yet you react as you always do, whenever the word "pitbull" is mentioned.
How ironically Pavlovian.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are demonstrating what is known as a "knee-jerk" reaction.

Because you know that guard dos are NOT considered the same thing as a deadly boobytrap.
Not according to the law.
And you KNOW this.

Yet you react as you always do, whenever the word "pitbull" is mentioned.
How ironically Pavlovian.

I don't know.

I could see a legal argument about using a KNOWN killer breed of dog as unsupervised guard dog as a type of boobytrap.

Cases have been made from people using posinus snakes tied to pot plants.

All I have called for is owners being responsible for their animals actions. I think that means jail time for the owners.

Apparently I'm not alone, 63% of ARF members agree with me. They just don't speak out like I do on the subject.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#49]
cbs2.com/local/local_story_099005858.html

Cal-State Steel will be fined by the county for not having licenses for the dogs. It’s not yet known what will happen to the dogs.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The dogs should be shot.

WAIT!!!!!!!   What if this was YOUR property and YOU shot the guy?   He would be just as dead and would YOU deserve to be  "Put Down"?????
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top