User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone put together a target "gong" out of some scrap steel?  

Any suggestions on what thickness to use and where to get the steel?
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You are starting a spitting match and I did not ask for one, so don't lecture me on maturity.

I was NOT being judgemental.  I was responding to your regurgitating a totally unrelated post.  I agree that pets have intrinsic value.  That's why I have never killed a pet.  Because I am not demented I assumed that the cats being discussed were not pets, but were stray.  I have stray cats around now and then, and they usually move on.  Once in a while, however, one decides to make my porch his house, and I have to chase him away.  I don't want riff-raff around, be it dog, cat, mouse or badger, and neither do you.

I apologize for calling you a fool, and insinuating that you are a tree hugger, but for crying out loud, don't accuse me of being inconsistent when it comes to animal rights.  I am merely pointing out that stray cats are not the same as little Mary's kitten with a blue ribbon.

No flames man, I just think that the country is a little different from the 'burbs when it comes to shooting animals.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I love using old bits of computer hardware.  There is nothing like retreiving an onld hard drive with a smoking hole through it.
I got to unload on a broken fax machine the other day.  That was cool.

Cheap targets that explode:
water filled soda cans (frozen).
water filled anything.
2x4s cut to a 4 inch length (reusable).
full cans of red creme soda.
tomato soup cans (more expensive).
other:
old t-shirts.  (stain them red when done).
Scrap metal.
If you have access to a pond, float empty soda cans on a bobber and be the Guns of the Navarone.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#7]
try plastic bottles filled with flour!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking about plastic bottles filled with Nitro.  Ha Ha.

The best reactive target I have ever shot is gas filled soda cans.

Kids; don't try this unless you are willing to fight out your fires!!!

Fill a 12 oz can with gas.  Light the top with a match.  It will burn there for a long time like a candle.  Don't worry, it won't explode.
Shoot it.  Makes a 7 ft high fireball, the remaining fire won't be much bigger than a campfire and it will burn down fast.  Stamp out.

Make sure that there is no dry grass or sticks around.  Try to find a fire pit or sandy area to do this.  It is very cool.  Keep some water and a shovel handy just in case.  I take no responsibility for your forest fires!  Only mine!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Must... rescusitate thread... need more... target... ideas...[xx(]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top