Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 7:04:27 PM EDT
www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/09/whitehouse.intruder/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A New Mexico man arrested for jumping the White House fence Sunday has been arrested for the same thing three times before, a Secret Service spokesman said.

Brian Lee Patterson, 40, of Albuquerque, faces charges of unlawful entry for Sunday's incident, which occurred while President Bush was in the presidential mansion, said Eric Zahren, a spokesman for the Secret Service.

He also will be charged with contempt of court for violating an order to stay away from the White House, Zahren said.

Patterson ran yelling onto the White House grounds shortly before 4 p.m. Sunday, shouting that he had been "a victim of terrorism" and, "My family is being poisoned in New Mexico." (Watch intruder face off with officers -- 3:50)

Wearing a T-shirt with an American flag and the message "God Bless America," Patterson jumped the wrought-iron fence near camera positions used by television correspondents and ran well inside the grounds before being stopped.

"I have intelligence information for the president; I'm not afraid of you," he told officers who confronted him.

The man continued yelling during a momentary standoff with gun- and canine-wielding Secret Service officers.

Officers, two of whom drew their weapons and pointed them at the man, bound his hands behind his back and took him into custody after he lay face-down on the ground.

Zahren said Patterson has been involved in three previous fence-jumping incidents, the most recent one in February. He was charged with unlawful entry in that incident and ordered to stay away from the White House, Zahren said.

After his arrest, the man was taken to George Washington University hospital for treatment of a cut to his hand -- believed to have happened as he jumped the fence -- and is expected to face a judge on Monday.

Zahren said incidents like Sunday's are a "fairly regular" occurrence.

CNN's Vito Maggiolo contributed to this report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a link to video on the webpage.  Couple of USSS guys with P-90s and a big puppy stop him and arrest him.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
one of these days we will get to see the stopping power of the 5.7.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You know, it's gotta suck being on the USSSPD. Imagine having to maintain MONTHS of hair-trigger readiness in preparation for a random incident like this one, with ZERO margin for error.

Damn. It's why I admire the USSSPD more than any other non-military governmental group.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The article said he made it "well inside the grounds" but from the video it looks like he didn't make it more than 10-15 yards over the fence.
I know from being there 2 years ago and seeing all the visible security, I can't imagine anyone making it very far over.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
i thought you where going to say kerry or gore  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I figured you would end up in prison for doing some dumb stuff like that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder what his screen-name is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]
An illegal intruder huh? POTUS will let him go and give him welfare.
Nothing new to see here, we've seen it 11,000,000 to 30,000,000 times move along now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the part where the dog lunges and grabs the agent's sleeve.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The article said he made it "well inside the grounds" but from the video it looks like he didn't make it more than 10-15 yards over the fence.
I know from being there 2 years ago and seeing all the visible security, I can't imagine anyone making it very far over.

They have high standards.

-K
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#10]
If he had been wearing a tee shirt with a Mexican flag, I have no doubt El Presidente Jorge Boosh would have ushered him into the Oval Office immediatly and put him on the Social Security rolls.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If he had been wearing a tee shirt with a Mexican flag, I have no doubt El Presidente Jorge Boosh would have ushered him into the Oval Office immediatly and put him on the Social Security rolls.

Damn mindreader!

I can't wait to see how many protesting tomorrow get arrested.  Probably only the citizens who throw them the finger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

no if that happened he would not have been an intruder... he would have been an undocumented visitor
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i thought you where going to say kerry or gore  

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I figured you would end up in prison for doing some dumb stuff like that.

Only if you survive or don't end up in St. elizabeths.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder what the President would say if he were a Mexican citizen?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That fence in the background isn't the one facing Pennsylvania Avenue. It's too short. He got stopped somewhere around where they have outdoor press conferences. If you watch the end, it's not a long walk from where he got cuffed to where he got walked into a side door. He definitely wasn't near the main entrance.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
An illegal intruder huh? POTUS will let him go and give him welfare.
Nothing new to see here, we've seen it 11,000,000 to 30,000,000 times move along now.

Don't you have 15 or 20 of your booted buddies to keep you comapny LOL
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:02:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I like the part where the dog lunges and grabs the agent's sleeve.

It was a pre-emptive bite in case the copper decided to go after the dog.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top