Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 3:29:42 PM EDT
On April 9, 2004, Army Pfc Keith Matthew Maupin was lost in an ambush on his convoy in Iraq. A week later, insurgents claimed to have killed him, but never offered any proof. The DOD still has him officially listed as "MIA" status.....Please keep him and his family in your thoughts/prayers tonight.

Thank you all, and Never forget.......
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
    He looks like a tough, good looking kid. If they did kill him, I'll bet he put up a good fight and wouldn't cooperate for one of their bullshit videos.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
there's no evidence that Maupin was killed.....and while I'm at this.....let's not forget LCDR Michael Scott Speicher, shot down on January 17, 1991 during Operation Desert Storm..... Leiutenant Commander Speicher was originally listed as KIA/BNR, but was later re-classified as MIA in October 1991.

Never forget....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers sent.

Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
there's no evidence that Maupin was killed

Yes of course,  I hope he is alive and will one day be returned to his family.

With all due respect.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
i thought they released a hostage video of maupin shortly after his capture?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Prayers sent.

Thanks for posting this.

I am from Ohio, and so is Sgt Maupin, (he's been promoted twice since his capture).....This is a big story here.....And being a former member of the military, I CAN NOT ever forget those who haven't come home ....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i thought they released a hostage video of maupin shortly after his capture?

"They" did.......they also released a video on or about April 16, 2004 that showed insurgents about to execute a man who appeared to be in an American uniform, HOWEVER, the footage was very grainy, no kill shot was ever fired, and the DOD has not fully confirmed either the authenticity of the film or that the man in the video is indeed Sgt Maupin....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent.  It will be an honor to serve in the same Military as these fine men.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
BTT til Midnight
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#11]
and while I'm at this.....let's not forget LCDR Michael Scott Speicher, shot down on January 17, 1991 during Operation Desert Storm..... Leiutenant Commander Speicher was originally listed as KIA/BNR, but was later re-classified as MIA in October 1991.

I have 1 of those mia bracelets for him.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#12]
God Bless Him
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top