Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 5:43:47 AM EDT
When the Easter Bunny come a callin, he going to eat your babies!

In a tale reminiscent of the last Wallace and Gromit movie, furious villagers in northeast England have hired armed guards to protect their beloved communal vegetable gardens from a suspected monster rabbit.

Leeks, Japanese onions, parsnips and spring carrots have all been ripped up and devoured by the mystery were-rabbit -- prompting the 12 allotment holders in Felton, north of Newcastle, to hire two marksmen with air rifles and orders to shoot to kill.

"It is a massive thing. It is a monster. The first time I saw it, I said: 'What the hell is that?'" the Northumberland Gazette newspaper quoted local resident Jeff Smith, 63, as saying on its website (www.northumberlandtoday.co.uk).

He claims to have seen the black and brown rabbit -- with one ear bigger than the other -- about two months ago, and at least three fellow allotment holders say they have seen it as well.

"I have seen it and it is bigger than a normal rabbit. It's eating all our crops and we grow the best stuff here," said retired miner George Brown, 76, quoted by the domestic Press Association news agency.

Smith could not be reached for comment Friday, but his mother told AFP that the hare-raising story is true -- and no less an authority than the British Rabbit Council said it was credible.

"Certain breeds do grow very big, like the Continental Giant" which can be 66 centimetres (26 inches) in length or more, a spokesman for the Nottinghamshire-based council, which represent rabbit breeders, told AFP.

In the last hit movie featuring Wallace and his dog Gromit, the two cartoon characters battled a monster rabbit that was cutting a swathe of destruction through locals' prize vegetable plots.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]
that could make one hell of a stew. mmmmm Or maybe a rabbit stake.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never had rabbit.  Taste like chicken??  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
When I heard this on the news I thought they were actually doing a spot on Wallace and Gromit....rather stunned to find out there IS  A WERE-RABBIT!!!!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:22:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Its big but not as big as the picture would make you beleive.  Its a trick of photogrpahers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]
That bunny is deploying what is now known as the "camel-spider growth-ability"...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
you can see the guys knuckles on his right hand in the picture. the things ear is twice the size of his knuckles. thats still a god damn big assed rabbit!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Its not behind the bunny rabbit, it IS the bunny rabbit...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#11]
They get bigger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=453314

DUPE

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=453383

Double dupe

I searched on rabbit and rabbits you friggin dupe policeman.  They spelled rabbit "wabbit" in the thread titles.  Go learn something constructive.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Thats one big freakin rabbit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]
boy you could make a sweet coat out of him
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I think it's a specific breed. I've heard of rabbits this size before.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top