Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never loaded silver before.  I am not aware of loading data for silver bullets, so if I did want to do it, I would think for safety purposes, it would be a good idea to work up the loads.  That would require several bullets to do properly.  

I don't see how it would be any less safe than all-copper bullets of the same grain.

Somewhere is a novelty/collector's Colt .38 Special revolver. It's intricately engraved with vampire scenes, crosses, roses, etc. and the rampant colt is even standing on a coffin. The box the revolver comes in is shaped like a coffin, has a mirror in the lid, a "holy water" vial, a small crucifix, and six (live) cartridges loaded with silver bullets carved to resemble the head of a vampire. One round has been fired. There are several silver bats tacked onto the grip as kill marks.

It's quite unique and whenever it gets sold to a new owner it inevitably shows up in all the gun rags.

I saw this gun in Guns N Ammo or something like that 10 years ago.  It is one of the best looking and best done custom engraved guns I've ever seen.

Yup. It really is a handsome firearm. It's a shame there isn't a whole lot of info about it on the net.

That thing was badass...

.38 isn't exactly what I'd wanna use on anything though...

I need some silver 000 buck shot and slugs...

I always hear stories about how farmers used to load up dimes in their shotgun shells instead of buckshot or slugs. Considering that dimes were made of silver then and that you'd have to use quite a few to make a decent shell, sounds to me like that's a pretty expensive way of making a crappy shotgun round when the same amount of cash could buy you a ton of good ammo.

Maybe they had werewolf problems too.

I do have a shitload of silver dimes...

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:21:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've lost the email, but one person wrote in to tell me about Gold Bullets and Dr. Who. Please remind me of the info. Something about gold dust being toxic to some alien's breathing apparatus.

That would be cybermen mate, extremely damaging to their breathing systems:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybermen

/PHil
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Isn't silver very brittle? Would it even survive being fired?

Silver is soft. But I don't think it is as soft and dense as lead.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
lazer cast makes a silver alloy bullet they are good to go

LASER-CAST® BULLETS: AN ADVENTURE IN EXCELLENCE

Whether you call it magic, divine providence or simply good luck, Oregon Trail
Bullet Company® came together with a rare mix of talented idealists, all
focused "like a laser" on one simple plan: to offer our shooters the finest cast
bullets ever, supported by the best in customer service. Our staff of metallurgists
and production engineers, shooters all, fell enthusiastically to the new work of
making our dream of excellence come true in the Laser-Cast® Silver Bullet.
Working with an old-time regard for quality, they accomplished in five years the
first real breakthrough in cast bullet technology in a century.

SHOOT THE REAL SILVER BULLET....REALLY!

www.laser-cast.com/AboutLaserCast.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've lost the email, but one person wrote in to tell me about Gold Bullets and Dr. Who. Please remind me of the info. Something about gold dust being toxic to some alien's breathing apparatus.

That would be cybermen mate, extremely damaging to their breathing systems:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybermen

/PHil

Uh don't quote me as saying that. It was cut and paste from the website
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a campy teenage werewolf movie script.

Punchin the Clown (American Pie IV)
Starring Jason Biggs

When newly widowed Jim (Jason Biggs) fears he is being stalked by the ghost of his dearly departed Michelle (she died in a tragic flute insertion accident) whose appearances take the shape of a sexual werewolf, he seeks the advice of the town spiritualist/mystic Sanjay (Christopher Walken).  Sanjays advice is an unusal east Indian ritual called Punchin the Clown.  Jim is skeptical at first but takes the matter in hand with his usual gusto and finds he already has lots of experience and is willing to give it a try.  When Punchin the clown only seems to aggravate the beast more, Sanjays only other advice is to slay it with a silver bullet annointed by the kiss of a virgin.  

Hilarity ensues as the only logical source of pure silver is the locket around Stifflers moms neck.  A covert operation is planned to steal the locket and transport it to the only gun nut/reloader they know in town, Bubba (Micheal Gross), capable of crafting the bullet.  Will the bullet get made before the next full moon or will Bubba draw down on them and kick them out of his shop?  How does Jim shift on the fly when his dad accidently throws out all his whacking material?  How will Stifflers mom be coerced into giving up her keepsake? Is there actually a Virgin left in Great falls to annoint the bullet?  Where will they find a gun and what caliber will they use?

I get all my best script ideas from you guys......
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sounds like a campy teenage werewolf movie script.

Punchin the Clown (American Pie IV)
Starring Jason Biggs

When newly widowed Jim (Jason Biggs) fears he is being stalked by the ghost of his dearly departed Michelle (she died in a tragic flute insertion accident) whose appearances take the shape of a sexual werewolf, he seeks the advice of the town spiritualist/mystic Sanjay (Christopher Walken).  Sanjays advice is an unusal east Indian ritual called Punchin the Clown.  Jim is skeptical at first but takes the matter in hand with his usual gusto and finds he already has lots of experience and is willing to give it a try.  When Punchin the clown only seems to aggravate the beast more, Sanjays only other advice is to slay it with a silver bullet annointed by the kiss of a virgin.  

Hilarity ensues as the only logical source of pure silver is the locket around Stifflers moms neck.  A covert operation is planned to steal the locket and transport it to the only gun nut/reloader they know in town, Bubba (Micheal Gross), capable of crafting the bullet.  Will the bullet get made before the next full moon or will Bubba draw down on them and kick them out of his shop?  How does Jim shift on the fly when his dad accidently throws out all his whacking material?  How will Stifflers mom be coerced into giving up her keepsake? Is there actually a Virgin left in Great falls to annoint the bullet?  Where will they find a gun and what caliber will they use?

I get all my best script ideas from you guys......

I'd watch that.

Any word on the group buy?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd be in for a group buy if we did it this summer (when I have money) and somebody loaded the bullet for me as part of the deal.

I think we should wait until some one loads a silver bullet or two and test fires them first though. Any volunteers?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#9]
If you're planning on loading quite a number of rounds the sooner the better. The price of silver has been rising pretty fast lately. 25% in the last two months alone. It's up to $12.89 an oz. right now.

Obviously, this is a conspiracy to price silver out of the range of us mere mortals, and then, when we least expect it the NWO will unleash werewolves on our nation to destroy us. Better stock up now!

BTW, did you hear about the shortage of 9mm, .223, .308, .45ACP, and 7.62x39?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top