Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:26:31 PM EDT
Here is a picture and article on my daughter and her army unit in the sandbox. She is also in another of the pictures with detainees.

My first pictures of her in country.

Dad
US Army, Retired

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got good reason to be proud.  Hope she stays safe, and tell her, "thanks".
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Tinkerbell....I like that....

Rock on!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
   Your daughter ROCKS!  Thank you so much for your family's sacrifice.

Patty
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome

btt
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool Megga DITTO's
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
She's already asked for factory magazines for her M9 (I just got 5 more mags and some recoil springs for her).  ...and she is wearing the nomex gloves I sent her. Oh yea, Tinkerbell with a machinegun. She shoots good with my Beretta 92 and CX4. I guess she gets them when she gets back. Before she left, I took her to the range and we fired over 700 rounds of 9mm (mostly), 45ACP, and 5.56mm. Had her shoot at paper plates at different ranges (out to 60 yards). Put a hurt'n on'em. Got an Insight 552 for her when she wants it for her M4.  

Daddy's little girl! (Her Mom is gonna freak for sure!)

Yes, proud.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to you for raising such an outstanding daughter and thanks to her for her sacrifice!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Good on you and her.

My boy will be there in June

GM
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks to you for raising such an outstanding daughter and thanks to her for her sacrifice!!

+1
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Your daughter, you, and your whole family are GREAT Americans!  Thanks to all of you for your sacrifices for our country.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Tinkerbell Rocks!
Thank you and your family for you sacrifice.

Bob

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#13]
way to parent!

tell her we said thanks!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
She is also in another of the pictures with detainees.

The RoPers are really chauvinistic when it comes to women, they regard them as property and a lower form of life.  But when you're looking down the barrel of a M16, your opinions change very quickly.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Has your daughter shot down many X-wings? That helmet is all kinds of cool and so is your daughter for serving.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Your daughter, you, and your whole family are GREAT Americans!  Thanks to all of you for your sacrifices for our country.

Couldn't have said it better. Send your daughter my family's thanks and appreciation for all she does for us.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#17]
The Emperor will stop by to personally congratulate your daughter's TIE fighter squadron.  Rebel activity has been effectively suppressed in their sector.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
So what up with an Army unit attached to MAG-16?  Are the Marines off learning about Ospreys?  Normally they would be flying CH-46s.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Emperor will stop by to personally congratulate your daughter's TIE fighter squadron.  Rebel activity has been effectively suppressed in their sector.

Thank your daughter for her sacrifice.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#20]
You've done well sir.  Please pass a long a THANK YOU from us will ya.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#21]
God bless her and her comrades-in-arms.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#22]
My Your Daughter stay safe. Please thank her for her service to this Country.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank your daughter for her sacrifice.

Naw, that was funny.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

My very first thought as well.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I got rid of my M9 about a year ago but I think I have some mags laying around if she is interested.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, you must be one proud papa!

Is the crewchief always a part of the flightcrew on a blackhawk?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:23:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

BIG +1 !!!

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:28:20 AM EDT
[#28]
must be nice for her to have the proper equipment to do her job (M9 and M4). We don't get any M4s even for people who need them

Thank her for serving. We need people like her over here.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#29]
That's one groovy daughter you have!

Semper Fi!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:34:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Be proud of her,we are. Tell her thanks for me, she has done more for all of us than we could ever do for her.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:46:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Please thank her for her service.  Thanks to all the flight crews that support us in our missions!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:48:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wow, you must be one proud papa!

Is the crewchief always a part of the flightcrew on a blackhawk?

??
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#33]
i've got a bunch of friends in that unit. they're in a busy AO. i should know, i just came from there. she should be pretty safe though since she's at Chow Asad.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:25:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Thank her for me. If she need anything let us know.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Hmmmmmm  

Ya done good, dad !  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn that helmet is cool and it says she's a Virginia Beach native? Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

That facemask is certainly a little futuristic. What're the details on it? Aviation crewmember gas mask?

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:40:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Congratulations...my son is doing his 2nd tour in the sandbox and his little sister just joined the Navy..
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Actually, she's was born in Frankfurt, Germany but she loves the Virginia area. She spent her first hitch in the Navy on the USS Turman as an AE, so technically this is her second trip to Iraq. This is her first on the ground however. She loves helicopters and wants to fly one day.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#40]
For Dad: Tinkerbell is the heat!

For the rest of you:
www.gentexcorp.com/helmetsystems/MFS.htm

Maxillofacial Shield for the HGU-56/P
An upgrade to the HGU-56/P rotary wing helmet system, the MFS is a protective shield which attaches to the helmet. It is designed to protect the face from flying debris produced when working around helicopters.

MFS Features
Provides excellent protection to the lower face from rotor wash, flying debris, and windblast;
Dual side release latches provide positive lock and ambidextrous quick release;
Ballistic fragmentation protection up to 550 feet per second (fps);
Improves voice communication by reducing wind noise across the microphone;
Weighs less than 5 ounces;
Compatible with Mike Lites™;
Standard matte black finish can be custom painted.
The system comes complete with the face shield, all mounting hardware and mounting instructions to the HGU-56/P helmet. It comes in one size that will attach to all 56/Ps.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks.  But I would be worried about giving out personal info as there are terrorists over here too that could target family members.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Tell her thanks from everyone here.
I would be proud as hell if she was mine
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Your daughter rocks!  Nuff Said.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
For Dad: Tinkerbell is the heat!

For the rest of you:
www.gentexcorp.com/helmetsystems/MFS.htm
www.gentexcorp.com/Images/MFS.jpg
Maxillofacial Shield for the HGU-56/P
An upgrade to the HGU-56/P rotary wing helmet system, the MFS is a protective shield which attaches to the helmet. It is designed to protect the face from flying debris produced when working around helicopters.

MFS Features
Provides excellent protection to the lower face from rotor wash, flying debris, and windblast;
Dual side release latches provide positive lock and ambidextrous quick release;
Ballistic fragmentation protection up to 550 feet per second (fps);
Improves voice communication by reducing wind noise across the microphone;
Weighs less than 5 ounces;
Compatible with Mike Lites™;
Standard matte black finish can be custom painted.
The system comes complete with the face shield, all mounting hardware and mounting instructions to the HGU-56/P helmet. It comes in one size that will attach to all 56/Ps.

Pretty slick set-up.  Kudos to your daughter.  
Matt
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, she's was born in Frankfurt, Germany but she loves the Virginia area. She spent her first hitch in the Navy on the USS Turman as an AE, so technically this is her second trip to Iraq. This is her first on the ground however. She loves helicopters and wants to fly one day.

I showed this thread to my Brother In Law (because he was on the Truman) and he said he was indeed stationed with your daughter, that he knows her, knew she joined the Army and that he wishes her well and wants her to stay safe over there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Funny, the different stuff that crew members put on their helmets.  I like you daughters fairy...  I've got the words "Eat Me" on mine.  

Semper Fi Dad...
~Dg84
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Alright! Nice "Darth Vader" FOD mask!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Tell your daughter thanks for her service,and hope it's real soon that you get to meet at the hanger when she comes marching home again!

Bob
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Tell your daughter thanks for her service,and hope it's real soon that you get to meet at the hanger when she comes marching home again!
Bob

Dad and I met the Truman when they came back a couple of years ago. Dad and I got the tour of the ship (4 hours) worth before they shipped out too. Dad was piped aboard and they let me go too (SFC). Both of us retired Army. Dad is a retired O6 so he got "the treatment". The Truman is quite a hard piece of equipment. I mean hard. For those that have never been aboard such a craft, take the tour. You will not regret the experience. I sent my daughter's picture to the CMC on the Truman. Everyone on board was nice even when putting up with ORF (old retired farts).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top