Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 2:06:26 PM EDT by Bama-Shooter]
The Mrs and I were going through some boxes and she came across my stash of diplomas, certificates of achievement and my college degrees. She asked me why did I not frame and hang them in my office. I don't know why I have not displayed them.

Are yours in a box or hanging on the wall?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:06:06 PM EDT
No "I LOVE ME!!" wall here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:07:32 PM EDT
In document jackets in a box
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:08:10 PM EDT
In a box at my parents house.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:09:14 PM EDT
Mine hang in my office, along with a bunch of my Navy stuff.

I earned 'em, I show 'em.

I have received more than a few positive comments about them, too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:16:26 PM EDT
Not enough space. My nephew built a shadow box for all the medals and ribbons in shop class. It hangs in the gun room where the wife has no say as to decorations. All the diplomas etc are in three ring binders inside plastic protectors.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:18:07 PM EDT
Got a wall covered with both degrees, HS diploma and every award/cert. the USMC ever gave me. I LOOK like a freaking star.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:19:14 PM EDT
Just my SCCA racing school cert.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:19:26 PM EDT
My commission is framed and hanging on the wall, my and Mrs. Whoanelly's degrees are framed and sitting on a bookshelf. I'll probably frame my law degree, if I can stomach being reminded of law school once I'm done.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:21:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 2:21:26 PM EDT by DK-Prof]
I have my Ph.D. and my lieutenant's commission hanging on a wall in my house.

In my office, I've got some teaching awards and stuff hanging, simply because I don't know where else to put them. I don't necessarily want them on my wall (because I could have another white-board there instead), but it seemed rude to not hang them up, when someone went to the trouble of making a plaque, or framing the award nicely.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:24:13 PM EDT
I could wall paper my entire house if I hung them all up. The only one I display is my teaching certificate. I do have my "lubricants" cert stuck to the refrigerator so that I'll remember to take it to work and put in the folder with all of the rest that I have.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:24:15 PM EDT
Funny, now that I took notice.

My college degree is in a box in the closet, along with other professional awards.

But the only things on my wall are my three certificates from Thunder Ranch.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:26:49 PM EDT
I put my Diploma from Robert Service High School on the dash of my car. It allows me to park in handicapped spaces.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:32:45 PM EDT

Are yours in a box or hanging on the wall?

Yep, we have a little half bathroom just off our kitchen. That's our "trophey room" and the diplomas, certificates, etc. hang in there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:34:12 PM EDT
You bet, home office, all hung with nice frames. I paid for them in one way or another, very proud of them
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:35:54 PM EDT
Scattered in boxes thoughout the house.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:43:55 PM EDT
only my ULC reverend credentials.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:45:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cyrax777:
only my ULC reverend credentials.

lol, me too...brother
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:57:14 PM EDT
Hell yeah, everyone should have an "I LOVE ME" wall.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:04:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
Funny, now that I took notice.

My college degree is in a box in the closet, along with other professional awards.

But the only things on my wall are my three certificates from Thunder Ranch.

I have no doubt.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:06:24 PM EDT
I had 3 walls of my office covered with IPSC and 3gun trophies and plaques. I used them to intimidate guys who wanted to date my daughters. It worked well, some never came back. The girls are grown and in college now, the stuff is in a box in the basement.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:09:27 PM EDT
No - the undergrad paper was framed by the parents and it's in a closet. Master's never came out of its tube. If I get a doctorate I'll probably display it.

I do, however, have a many of my photos hanging up around the house.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:09:53 PM EDT

I have three degrees, and somewhere around here are three poster tubes, each with a rolled up diploma in it. Sometimes I think about getting frames...

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:10:00 PM EDT
just my master ninja certificate
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:10:22 PM EDT
No, and I don't list certs on my business cards either.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:12:03 PM EDT
When I first got them - yes, but now that I'm "all grown up" - no.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:12:55 PM EDT
All my stuff is in a box in the garage. I displayed it at my old house, and just never got around to it since I moved (7 years ago).
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:14:15 PM EDT
Yes, the degrees, my Discharge, Sergeant warrant, my commision, but not the certificates of appreciation, or the honorable mentions, just the stuff that represent an achievement.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:14:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 3:27:19 PM EDT by CannoncockerUSMC]
Double post...operator malfunction.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:16:51 PM EDT
Kinda hard to hang them in the cop car.

I have my College Sheep skin hanging in my reloading room. Most of my certs. are bound in a 3 ring binder
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:20:17 PM EDT
My BA is sitting at my parent's house collecting dust..I finished my MBA while working full time so I paid some money to have that nicely framed..so yeah it hangs near the front door of my house.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:23:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By highdraglowspeed:
Kinda hard to hang them in the cop car.

I have my College Sheep skin hanging in my reloading room. Most of my certs. are bound in a 3 ring binder

Mine are not even in a binder. Just sitting in a box.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:37:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cheaptrickfan:
When I first got them - yes, but now that I'm "all grown up" - no.

I find it ironic for someone who uses the handle "cheaptrickfan" to talk about being "all grown up"

Not flaming you - just making fun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:15:07 PM EDT
Of course. I have every degree, award, medal, and other trinket that I've ever been awarded displayed prominently in my home office. It reminds me of how large my penis is.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:25:37 PM EDT
Yup. I have an "I Love Me" wall in my living room.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:32:43 PM EDT
I used to have my Shellback and Golden Dragon certificates on my cubicle wall, right next to a real nice poster of a schooner off Portland, ME. Called the poster my window. This was after Hunt for Red October came out and people would come in and talk and then "Hey, didn't Admiral Greer have those on his wall?" "Yep". Most of the folks at the company that had them (and Bluenoses, etc etc) displayed them. Irked the snot out of some of the liberal civilians.

The company had a post Gulf War 1 ceremony where they presented all the Reservists and Guardsmen who had been mobilized, and the Field Service personnel who went in theatre (about 300 people overall) with a really nice plaque, and that went up too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:34:30 PM EDT
Hell no. I packed them away after I graduated and I have no idea where they are.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:40:30 PM EDT
Nope, 20 years worth of military "I love me" stuffed away in boxes and who knows where along with 4 years of fire department certs and stuff in a folder. Not trying to impress anybody with my papers or crap hanging on the walls and no ego to feed with them.

Paper does not make who I am and I am not made by the paper.

However, when I get really old and start living at the DAV drinking lukewarm beer & swapping lies with other old broken down farts I'm sure they will come in handy

I have kept them on the off shoot the kids want them after I'm gone, otherwise they are firewood and trash to me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:42:03 PM EDT
I got a hole in one, par 3, 186 yds, there's a little memorial around somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:44:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CannoncockerUSMC:
Yes, the degrees, my Discharge, Sergeant warrant, my commision, but not the certificates of appreciation, or the honorable mentions, just the stuff that represent an achievement.

Heck, I have no idea what ever happened to my NCO paperwork & the retirement certificate (signed by Pres Bush and the flag flown over the white house on 9-11-02) is tucked away someplace.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:50:04 PM EDT
One day when I came home from work my wife was all excited, She was like come here and takes me into the computer room. And she points to the wall. She framed my two diplomas and my certifications and hung them on the wall. I think she was more excited than I was.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:29:59 AM EDT
Come to think of it, I think my mother has my diploma from UCBerkeley. I never found a use for the actual piece of paper....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:37:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 1:41:07 AM EDT by raven]

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
Mine hang in my office, along with a bunch of my Navy stuff.

I earned 'em, I show 'em.

I have received more than a few positive comments about them, too.

You have something worth showing. Annapolis=impressive.

BA from University of Alaska? In Economics? The writing on the degree is all in English for god's sake.
You'd seem somewhat lame touting that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:13:02 AM EDT
Mine are all in a box, but I someday plan to have an "I Love Me" wall.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:30:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:59:29 AM EDT
Going on a love me wall as soon as I get back home in a couple of years (jump school certifacte will be a coaster though)
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:11:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
Come to think of it, I think my mother has my diploma from UCBerkeley. I never found a use for the actual piece of paper....

Heh, You might wanna burn that around here
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:54:22 AM EDT
I have a pile of them stuck away in a drawer somewhere.

The only one I put up for display is one I created in Word.

It says:

Witness Relocation Program Class of 1999
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:26:27 AM EDT
Not in a long time , since I'm way past having
to prove anything to anyone
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:28:47 AM EDT
I can understand why some types Doc and Lawyers display them for "Credibility" purposes, but I don't display mine. Mainly cause I'm not stuck on myself and don't act that way.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:39:50 AM EDT
no way
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top