Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I trust no one, especially local JBTs ever since the Oshkosh gun grab.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Shit, hadn't heard that story. Pretty bad stuff.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
No, don't be sillly, Willis!

Why wouild I scare you? I am afraid of spiders for christs sake!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

sure took them long enough to admit their illegal theft.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My father, to the best of my knowledge, was one of the "Good Guys". However, I'd heard too many stories about some of his co-workers that would make one lean to being extremely cautious when having ANY dealings with law enforcement.

I don't fear the police. I don't trust them either. Nor any government uber-agency enforcing unConstitutional edicts. If the shit does hit the fan, they will be no friends of the public, but enforcers.

Sorry guys, but if all you are going to be is front line soldiers and puppet pawns, then you will be treated no differently than any other Schutz Staffleln.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I assume them to be corrupt and unethical sacks of crap in a uniform until proven otherwise.

+1

police officers are people, and in general people are stupid, lazy, and corrupt.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the institution has become corrupted and lost sight of the original idea which was to keep the peace.  Now the institution is a political contrivance designed to provide fodder for the so-called "justice system", keeping bureaucracies afloat, keeping those that run it in power and, of course, a money making enterprise for the state and those that serve the bureaucracy.

As to INDIVIDUALS, I treat each of them with respect until they prove that they doesn't deserve it.

99% of my dealings with cops (a couple of accidents, traffic tickets) have been professional, polite and they've shown themselves to be "good guys" with only a few exceptions.  The exceptions have been local cops (as opposed to Sheriff's Deputies or Highway Patrol who uniformly have been professional).
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But who is the first perso you call when shit hits the fan?  

Kinda leaves no choice, does it? If an average "civilian" were to take care of it themselves, they would be called a "vigilante" and be thrown in jail.

The police are under NO obligation to protect every individual citizen.........that has been determined by the US Supreme Court and other lower courts as well....check out these cases:

Bowers v. DeVito, 686 F.2d 616 (7th Cir. 1982) (no federal constitutional requirement that police provide protection)

Calogrides v. Mobile, 475 So. 2d 560 (Ala. 1985); Cal Govt. Code 845 (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Calogrides v. Mobile, 846 (no liability for failure to arrest or to retain arrested person in custody)

Davidson v. Westminster, 32 Cal.3d 197, 185, Cal. Rep. 252; 649 P.2d 894 (1982) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Stone v. State 106 Cal.App.3d 924, 165 Cal Rep. 339 (1980) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Morgan v. District of Columbia, 468 A.2d 1306 (D.C.App. 1983) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C.App 1981) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Sapp v. Tallahassee, 348 So.2d 363 (Fla. App. 1st Dist.), cert. denied 354 So.2d 985 (Fla. 1977); Ill. Rec. Stat. 4-102 (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Keane v. Chicago, 98 Ill. App.2d 460, 240 N.E.2d 321 (1st Dist. 1968) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Jamison v. Chicago, 48 Ill. App. 3d 567 (1st Dist. 1977) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Simpson's Food Fair v. Evansville, 272 N.E.2d 871 (Ind. App.) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Silver v. Minneapolis, 170 N.W.2d 206 (Minn. 1969) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Wuetrich V. Delia, 155 N.J. Super. 324, 326, 382, A.2d 929, 930 cert. denied 77 N.J. 486, 391 A.2d 500 (1978) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Chapman v. Philadelphia, 290 Pa. Super. 281, 434 A.2d 753 (Penn. 1981) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

Morris v. Musser, 84 Pa. Cmwth. 170, 478 A.2d 937 (1984) (no liability for failure to provide police protection)

there are many, many more cases that illustrate this point......I used to think the police were there to protect me and my family, I now no longer feel that way......Now I stake my life on numbers,  like .223, 9mm, .45 cal, "00" buck shot....you get the picture...

You have no recourse if the police fail to respond or fail to protect you from injury!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Fear? No

Mistrust   to some extent , most  police i know are decent guys but you never know what  kinda cop you are dealing with in a interaction  so I do mistrust them
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Why would you trust a cop when they don't trust you?  I don't feel safe around the fuzz when I am in their jurisdiction, that is for sure.  Small talk is often simply the collection of evidence.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't invite the man into your life.
He ain't your friend and he ain't there to help.

Words to live by.

And I don't really need their help. Not too mention they are too far away to be of much assistance if TSHTF. But I can take care of myself and I am a boy scout - always prepared.

I don't trust cops at all. I know they are not all bad and my local PD and Sheriff's office is top notch as far as I am concerned. Not all are for sure.

I have lived in the SE, as well as traveled much of it, and they were notorious.
I also lived in Wausau, WI for awhile and had only dismal interactions with the dept there, even on a professional level as a doc.

As for Oshkosh, WI:
My BIL is a deputy for the county and said the PD there exceeded their authority and blew it. He wouldn't say much more about it and was obviously uncomfortable discussing it. I let it go at that as I have utmost respect for him and he is a topnotch guy. I couldn't see him doing anything corrupt or acting the JBT shit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Police are human, too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in Central Texas.  I recently had spinal surgery.  I was in my truck on the way to a physical theraphy appointment on a divided highway.  The left front tire blew, but I was able to get to the shoulder.  I was going WTF.  There was no way I could manage a tire change after surgery.  Thirty seconds later a cop pulled up behind me.  He walks up to me and offers to change my tire, which he did.  During the tire change, I informed him that I was armed ( it's the law Texas to inform a cop if you are carrying), and he said "no problem, I trust you".  Over the years I have had a few contacts with the police and they have been positive.  I would hate to live in an area with bad cops.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Police are human, too.

yes, they're human but not held to the same rule of law as the rest of us humans except in very few cases.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No, I am the police.

+1

When will this anti-police rhetoric subside?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, I am the police.

+1

When ALL police officers stop ignoring people's rights and stop ignoring the Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, I am the police.

+1

when you stop "knowing what is best for the common folk"

it is people like you with your high and mighty attitude that really screws it up
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#19]
yes, i definately watch the police with a cautious eye.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, I am the police.

+1

When ALL police officers stop ignoring people's rights and stop ignoring the Constitution.

But But "it's legal"
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#21]
There are bad apples in every profession, sheesh.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I live in Central Texas.  I recently had spinal surgery.  I was in my truck on the way to a physical theraphy appointment on a divided highway.  The left front tire blew, but I was able to get to the shoulder.  I was going WTF.  There was no way I could manage a tire change after surgery.  Thirty seconds later a cop pulled up behind me.  He walks up to me and offers to change my tire, which he did.  During the tire change, I informed him that I was armed ( it's the law Texas to inform a cop if you are carrying), and he said "no problem, I trust you".  Over the years I have had a few contacts with the police and they have been positive.  I would hate to live in an area with bad cops.

I've changed so many tires I thought about trying out for a pit crew job.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, Bama, that just can't be.

My memories of helping people change tires must be false memories.  Your's too.

After all, unkempt1, dalesimpson, and TheRedHorseman just said that all cops are evil and dishonest.

We must be wrong.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

After all, unkempt1, dalesimpson, and TheRedHorseman just said that all cops are evil and dishonest.

We must be wrong.

whoop te do, want a medal for helping someone with a flat?
I've changed many on 81 and 66 here in Va, and I as the average guy don't have to stop at all.
(to protect and serve, so serve)
what does that have to do with the bad cops who earned you cops the animosity and distrust?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I've only had a few interactions with the police and have found them to be, on the whole, a pretty decent set of folks.

Of course, that New Orleans video doesn't help out the police very much.  Then again, nothing out of New Orleans really makes them look that good so I guess that's a wash.

As far as AR15fan, well....he sent me a mummy bag......free.

So, I got to give him a thumbs-up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

We must be wrong.

I realize that you are old and your vision may be failing but I do happen to recall writing, oh what was that...
oh yeah

Quoted:
I assume them to be corrupt and unethical sacks of crap in a uniform until proven otherwise.

I just have low expectations
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't trust them at all. I WAS FRAMED AND ARRESTED by a cop who had an axe to grind with me. All charges were dismissed. CROOKKKEEEEEEDDD as HELL........Then again my EX left me for an alphabet guy so I now love and trust them with all my heart
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#28]
No, I don't really fear any police officers, or LE in general, but there are a few officers around here that can not be trusted, and they already proved that. Thier Nazi Captain will probably rot in Hell next to Hitler.

The local police officers -that I know- are pretty cool. Now that I've been here a few years I met a number of them through friends, and of course several through work...Our shop is close to the precinct so we take care of thier personal vehicles.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There are bad apples in every profession, sheesh.

A voice of reason amongst the background noise.  (From one with such pretty blue eyes)  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier.

Assuming the police are crooked is a very smart thing to do. I personally know more guys who quit various pd's because of the corruption than i know cops that i would trust.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We must be wrong.

Hold on just a damn minute.  I never said that ALL cops were bad.  I simply said that distrust of the police will continue until ALL cops are completely above the bar.  Please do not put words in my mouth.  You see I think that almost all cops are great, but it's the small percentage of jackasses that ruin it for the rest of the police.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#32]
The ignorance of some of my ARFCOM brethren astounds me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you really think that the majority of LEO's are going to beat down everyone they stop for any reason?

Nope.  In some places, like LA, the corruption is targeted at the criminals.  

In other places, like NOLA, the corruption is targeted at outsiders/tourist with the goal of lining the officers pockets.

Neither is tolerable but ripping off drug dealers is more tolerable than shaking down good guys simply because they live the next county over.

interesting.
are you honestly trying to say one form of corruption is ok, while another is not?

No.  Just pointing out the regional differences in the type of corruption you will find. Tourists are safe from LA's corrupt cops.  They are specifically targeted by Mexico and NOLAs corrupt cops.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you fear the police.  Most of the police officers I have known in my life have been either corrupt or down right crooked.

Thats because you live in the south east.  Corruption is a way of life down there.  I have been a cop for 13 years and i dont trust cops from the South Eastern US.

The fastest ways to make corrupt cops are.

1. Nepotism
2. Low hiring standards
3. Low pay.
4. Allowing off duty employment.
5. Allowing off duty employment as security.
6. Allowing off duty employment where alcohol is sold or consumed.

You hire the Chiefs nephew who dropped out of highschool, pay him dirt wages and let him work security at the strip club when off duty, you're gonna have trouble.

Really? Ever hear of a little scandle called RAMPART?

Yep.  Rampart was the result of 1, 4 & 5 from the above list.

The former LAPD chief sais it best..."Rampart is the story of gangsters who became cops, not cops who became gangsters."

Note also that the corrupt rampart cops targeted bad guys. They did not set up innocent people or roll drunk tourists. Meaning the average person had nothing to fear from them.  but the average gang banger had plenty to fear.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I'd add #2 to the list.  They looked at the backgrounds of the involved officers and second-guessed themselves about their hiring standards.  A good background check is the best insurance you can get.  

But poor supervision was the primary casue of their misdeeds.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd add #2 to the list.  They looked at the backgrounds of the involved officers and second-guessed themselves about their hiring standards.  A good background check is the best insurance you can get.  

Yep. i actually meant to type 2, 4 & 5.  Those guys certainly never should have cleared background.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#37]
An friend of mine was with LAPD at Rampart working with Perez before he started in CRASH.  He said the guy was hard-charging, ethical, and a really nice guy.  He was later interviewed by LAPD IA and the FBI and was asked why he thought Perez went bad.  His belief was that it was caused by on-the-job frustration in dealing with hispanic gangsters that were unfazed by the officers' efforts to suppress them.  He also believed that supervision was lacking at the station.  The captain wanted results, and since they seemed to be producing, he wanted a "hands off" approach to his CRASH guys.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
An friend of mine was with LAPD at Rampart working with Perez before he started in CRASH.  He said the guy was hard-charging, ethical, and a really nice guy.  He was later interviewed by LAPD IA and the FBI and was asked why he thought Perez went bad.  His belief was that it was caused by on-the-job frustration in dealing with hispanic gangsters that were unfazed by the officers' efforts to suppress them.  He also believed that supervision was lacking at the station.  The captain wanted results, and since they seemed to be producing, he wanted a "hands off" approach to his CRASH guys.

key word there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#39]
*sigh*  More blanket statements of paranoia.

Not all cops are bad, not all civilians are criminal minded, not all jews are money grubbers, not all Germans goose step, not all women conspire to keep the toilet seat down, etc...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I mistrust everyone to a certain extent.

I used to have a real sense of fear and mistrust of the police, due to the fact that the overwhelming majority police in the Metro Detroit area were crooked and believed in blue superiority.

However, since moving to Texas I have met several police officers and I have found them all to be down to earth, stand up guys. I remember going to the range in Michigan with my AR and getting glares from cops because I was shooting an "assault rifle". In Texas the cops at the range want to bullshit with you about your AR's and tell you about differnt places to pick up this or that.

There is a completely different culture down here in the South/Southwest, and I dare say that it is a far better culture than that in the North/Northeast.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Not all cops are bad,,,I agree.  But, our local idiots beat a retard to death last week in front of a Quickie Mart.  According to witnesses and the now missing security tapes the retard was standing their drinking a soda when a cop walked up and crushed his head with a club, then they TASERED him twice for good measure.  They are investigating the DEAD guy for assault.

For every one decent local cop their are 15 losers with badges.  My last dealing with them was their amazing 45 minute response to a kid who threw a rock and cracked my windshield as I drove down a main road.  They said and I quote, "Since nobody was hurt it is basically your word against his."

It is not fear or mistrust I feel.  I feel distain for their lazy worthless performance, they do more to assist criminals than fight crime.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
producing

key word there.

Take it as you will.  They were carrying out the will of the community, protecting them from a criminal element you can only imagine from watching TV.  They went too far, obviously, and branched out into criminality.  That was inexcusable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Not all cops are bad,,,I agree.  But, our local idiots beat a retard to death last week in front of a Quickie Mart.  According to witnesses and the now missing security tapes the retard was standing their drinking a soda when a cop walked up and crushed his head with a club, then they TASERED him twice for good measure.  They are investigating the DEAD guy for assault.

For every one decent local cop their are 15 losers with badges.  My last dealing with them was their amazing 45 minute response to a kid who threw a rock and cracked my windshield as I drove down a main road.  They said and I quote, "Since nobody was hurt it is basically your word against his."

It is not fear or mistrust I feel.  I feel distain for their lazy worthless performance, they do more to assist criminals than fight crime.

I'm sorry you feel that way about police officers.  FWIW, I would've arrested the kid(s) you pointed out to me.  It's a felony here to throw a "missle" at a moving vehicle.  I love those arrests.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Do you fear the police.  Most of the police officers I have known in my life have been either corrupt or down right crooked.  I have three police officers in my family now (two active one retired)who have told me stories about beating up suspects, planting evidence, taking sexual favors for various things, taking bribes and a number of other tales not worth repeating.  My best friends dad and his buddies are police officers and they tell me stories about the Palm Beach Sherrifs office that are down right terrifing.  I have heard stories about police officers who not only protect drug trade but down right enforce it.  I have heard stories about minority suspects (not the word they used N word) being beaten and left for dead.  

All these stories and recent event has made me more and more nervous around police officers I know that not all police officers are corrupt but it is the few that are have me really scared of the police.    I dont think I would call the police even if someone was threatening me or tried to hurt me because I fear the police more than anything.

It didnt use to be like this for me I use to think police were the good guys who were there to help when ever they could. Now I freak out if police happen to be shooting on the same range as me or are checking out my weapons because I think in the back  my head they might take my guns and threaten to shoot me.

I keep thinking that the police in this country are less like a honorable Andie Griffith and more like a secret police group that grabs people in the middle of the night tortures rapes and makes them disappear.  I know this is not what is happening but it is starting to get to me. I dont trust or feel safe around police

Yep, I've known plenty of police officers.

One = deals drugs out his car while on duty. another = allowing someone to rob houses and give him a ride to and from the house. Another = pockets confinscated drugs.

Also heard stories from my best friend that a ex sherrif he knew said they'd ride around town in the ghetto. Pick a drunk or cracked out black person and beat the hell out of emm.. Like 3 or 4 officers all beating the same guy. Just beat emm and leave emm.

Also had a cop for my neighbor, admited him and the rest of the people he worked with would take bribes.

Also know that the local PD keeps recovered stolen items for themselves.

I would never call emm, I dont see any situation where I'd ever need to. Most of emm are assholes, although a few seem to be OK and are trying to be straight.

If a police officer ever stole anything from me or helped someone steal from me I'd treat him the same way I'd treat any other thief.

Never needed a cop, never will, also too many stories of someone shooting a theif or someone attacking or raping someone and they get into trouble... Not the criminal. Makes me mistrust ever calling a 911 if I'd have to shoot someone, if a cop tried to arrest me for shooting a criminal the police officer is as bad as the actuall criminal and im not sure I'd let him arrest me.

I wouldnt even hesitate to double tap to the head.

BTW never trust the government either, I know how crooked they are. My friends dad is into politics, if I'd ever get arrested I make one phonecall to him and I'd be outa jail in 5 minutes.

I know someone who punched a police officer when the guy tried to arrest him (was drunk), knocked him out and split his had open, he was outa jail as soon as he called my friends dad.

Polititions and police officers are as crooked as hell.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
"Since nobody was hurt it is basically your word against his."

Translation:

"Do you know how much paperwork I'm going to have to fill out for this shit?"
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you fear the police.  Most of the police officers I have known in my life have been either corrupt or down right crooked.

Thats because you live in the south east.  Corruption is a way of life down there.  I have been a cop for 13 years and i dont trust cops from the South Eastern US.

The fastest ways to make corrupt cops are.

1. Nepotism
2. Low hiring standards
3. Low pay.
4. Allowing off duty employment.
5. Allowing off duty employment as security.
6. Allowing off duty employment where alcohol is sold or consumed.

You hire the Chiefs nephew who dropped out of highschool, pay him dirt wages and let him work security at the strip club when off duty, you're gonna have trouble.

Really? Ever hear of a little scandle called RAMPART?

The former LAPD chief sais it best..."Rampart is the story of gangsters who became cops, not cops who became gangsters."

Note also that the corrupt rampart cops targeted bad guys. They did not set up innocent people or roll drunk tourists. Meaning the average person had nothing to fear from them.  but the average gang banger had plenty to fear.

Really? YOu positive about that? I bet that there are more than a few non-gangbangers who suffered because of the problems at Rampart. How about all of the people in the bank that David Mack knocked off? And he wasn't a gang banger when he joined the force. He had been an all star in track in HS. Not many gangbangers run track...
How about all the people that Kevin Gains threatened i nhis various alleged road rage incidents? How about Tupak Shakur? Kinda funny that Mack, Perez and another LAPD officer from Rampart were present the night Shakur was murdered...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Why would you trust a cop when they don't trust you?  I don't feel safe around the fuzz when I am in their jurisdiction, that is for sure.  Small talk is often simply the collection of evidence.

I can honestly say I have never feared the police.
My dad is a cop, his friends are cops, etc - no reason to fear.
I can honestly say I have never felt completly at ease around them, when interacting with the police in an official capacity, for the reasons Combat_Jack posted.
I think "distrust" is a healthy feeling to have, especially dealing with those in power, be they LE or politicians.

Why would you trust a cop, when they don't trust you?

Thought provoking question.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
But who is the first perso you call when shit hits the fan?  Not all cops are corrupt. I am in the police accedemy now and know many cops and the worst thing that happens is cheating on their wife.  Yes I have know some cops that stole guns from raids and took drugs but thst is less the 2% of the police that give the rest of us a bad name.

Gee, less than two percent huh?  Only a one in fifty chance that a felon answers the call in your department?  Nice.  I'm glad I don't rely on the Man to protect me from bad guys...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Like someone else mentioned, there are bad apples in every proffesion, problem is you never know when your first pulled over which apple you got, and in no other proffession does the person have so much control in weather or not he or she ruins your day.

I would best decribe it as a little "hessitant" until I know what apple I got. For the most part I like cops, I admire what they do and I have considered it as a career, but its the "hollier than thou" attitude that a few have that gets to me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you fear the police.  Most of the police officers I have known in my life have been either corrupt or down right crooked.  I have three police officers in my family now (two active one retired)who have told me stories about beating up suspects, planting evidence, taking sexual favors for various things, taking bribes and a number of other tales not worth repeating.  My best friends dad and his buddies are police officers and they tell me stories about the Palm Beach Sherrifs office that are down right terrifing.  I have heard stories about police officers who not only protect drug trade but down right enforce it.  I have heard stories about minority suspects (not the word they used N word) being beaten and left for dead.  

All these stories and recent event has made me more and more nervous around police officers I know that not all police officers are corrupt but it is the few that are have me really scared of the police.    I dont think I would call the police even if someone was threatening me or tried to hurt me because I fear the police more than anything.

It didnt use to be like this for me I use to think police were the good guys who were there to help when ever they could. Now I freak out if police happen to be shooting on the same range as me or are checking out my weapons because I think in the back  my head they might take my guns and threaten to shoot me.

I keep thinking that the police in this country are less like a honorable Andie Griffith and more like a secret police group that grabs people in the middle of the night tortures rapes and makes them disappear.  I know this is not what is happening but it is starting to get to me. I dont trust or feel safe around police

Yep, I've known plenty of police officers.

One = deals drugs out his car while on duty. another = allowing someone to rob houses and give him a ride to and from the house. Another = pockets confinscated drugs.

Also heard stories from my best friend that a ex sherrif he knew said they'd ride around town in the ghetto. Pick a drunk or cracked out black person and beat the hell out of emm.. Like 3 or 4 officers all beating the same guy. Just beat emm and leave emm.

Also had a cop for my neighbor, admited him and the rest of the people he worked with would take bribes.

Also know that the local PD keeps recovered stolen items for themselves.

I would never call emm, I dont see any situation where I'd ever need to. Most of emm are assholes, although a few seem to be OK and are trying to be straight.

If a police officer ever stole anything from me or helped someone steal from me I'd treat him the same way I'd treat any other thief.

Never needed a cop, never will, also too many stories of someone shooting a theif or someone attacking or raping someone and they get into trouble... Not the criminal. Makes me mistrust ever calling a 911 if I'd have to shoot someone, if a cop tried to arrest me for shooting a criminal the police officer is as bad as the actuall criminal and im not sure I'd let him arrest me.

I wouldnt even hesitate to double tap to the head.

BTW never trust the government either, I know how crooked they are. My friends dad is into politics, if I'd ever get arrested I make one phonecall to him and I'd be outa jail in 5 minutes.

I know someone who punched a police officer when the guy tried to arrest him (was drunk), knocked him out and split his had open, he was outa jail as soon as he called my friends dad.

Polititions and police officers are as crooked as hell.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top