Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 7:11:48 AM EDT
Flying to florida with the family in 2 day's my wife and I are SICK as hell....bad colds that came on yesterday. Don't really want to suffer on my vacation I'm sure someone here has the cure for the common cold? Come on we can solve every other problem known to mankind here Chime in
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#1]
two packs of non filter camels and a fifth of jim beam or jack daniels
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
two packs of non filter camels and a fifth of jim beam or jack daniels

If this were the cure I'd never have gotten sick
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, no cure for the common cold, just some remedies to ease the discomfort.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Cold-Eze seems to do wonders if you take it when you are just starting to get sick. May be a little late now but give it a try/

Fortunately for you, your symptoms started yesterday, (Friday) and you are leaving in two days (Monday?) So, if it is a cold you should be feeling a little better by then.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Zi-Cam when you first start feeling sick. Worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]
If it came on you vrey quickly and it sounds as if it did, it might well be influenza in which case you can probably forget your vacation.

Influenza almost always has fever, chills, headache, body aches and sometime sore throat.

Sore throat, fever and chills with little or no cough is more likely Strep Throat.

Cough, stuffy nose, etc = cold

cough, chest congestion, fever and chills, bodaches, etc = typically influenza

Bronchitis can have a lot of chest congestion and cough, not so much fever and chills.

Influenza can respond to antiviral meds such as relenza, tamiflu, rimantidine(not so much)
It is ESSENTIAL that those be started as early as possible if they are going tobe beneficial. they do not work the same way as antibioitcs.

So if there is any chance you have influenza and want treatment---go NOW.
Cough syrup also.
Influenza doesn't respond much to over the counter meds.

Get well soon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Take a zinc pill every day,I havent had a cold in years!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a nasty cold going around (with sore throat and fever, eventually a cough too) which seems to last more than a week.  I am getting over it now, came down with it 12 days ago.  What seems to work on this one is lots of sleep.  Get 10-12 hours overnight, or 8+ hours at night plus a nap.  That is what seemed to get me over the symptoms fastest.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top