Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 9:55:19 PM EDT
The recent spike in threads about our fallen Service Members has really hit me hard. I was thinking maybe we should have a thread including the Names, dates, and if possible, pictures, of our beloved and missed fallen Heroes that some of us might know. I figured that if a man or women dies in the line of duty to protect the freedoms in which we all love so much, maybe its not to much to merely mention their names.  

Maybe something like this:

Spc. Matthew P. Steyart
11/22/05

~RIP~ My Friend..

So What say you Ar15.com? Shall we start a Dedicated Memorial Thread to our Fallen Heroes?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
My unit lost a brother in Iraq, I went to his funeral and to me, it was a long, somber drive back home to Orlando from West Palm Beach.

SGT. ROBERT "BOBBY" WAGNER
KIA 09/01/2004 - MOSUL, IRAQ.

(Hes the guy on the right)

Good NCO, good soldier, good human being.

Godspeed, Bobby!

Later, i got reassigned to a new unit, and that unit lost two MPs as well, one just hours before leaving Iraq for home.

SSG Arthur Mastrapa

SGT Rodney Murray

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting those. I hope others will not be affraid to tag this thread or respond....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
We've got as many of the California ones as we can come up with here on the California Hometown board.

On seven pages so far, California took some nasty knocks.

NTM
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump to top so others may add to, or give suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top