Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:25:35 PM EDT
I just found a copy of the first handgun I ever owned on Gunbroker. I have always regretted selling the pistol and have been casually looking for one in equal condition for my collection ever since I realized my mistake. There's nothing special about the pistol except that it was only made in limited numbers and has been discontinued for years. I know its going to cost me twice what I sold it for to replace it.

I know its ridiculous to waste my money on trying to buy one but I just can't help myself. The funny thing is most of my other guns are nothing more than tools/toys but I have some irrational drive to replace this one gun. I've sold lots of other handguns & rifles and don't miss them one bit.

I'd rather not say publicly what it is until after the auction ends but maybe if I don't win the auction I will post it here and maybe one of the members here has one collecting dust.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:31:27 PM EDT
yes, the first gun i ever purchased was a saiga-308.

it's broken 3 handgaurds and has sat in a safe without being touched for a couple years now. i just can't bring myself to sell it since it was the first gun i ever purchased...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:33:02 PM EDT
Not necessarily about a gun purchase...but I will never sell my Winchester Model 70 in 7mm because it was my first gun.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:33:49 PM EDT
I've never gotten rid of any of mine and don't plan to but there are some in the collection that I have a strong affinity for and others that just simply don't elicit much of a response on my part, so I can sympathize.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:43:18 PM EDT
My wife bought me a Sig P229 for our first anniversary.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:46:41 PM EDT
I didnt sell a gun until I had several... it was a Browning Gold Clays.... it was great but it just didnt' fit me. I have also traded a Hi Point Carbine for a Glock 22. I don't regret that one either.

My first was a Chipmunk 22, then an 870, then 10/22. WON'T get rid of those
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 8:49:05 PM EDT by motown_steve]
I am a notorious horse trader when it comes to guns. I like to get a gun, shoot it for a while and trade it for something else. I enjoy trading almost as much as I enjoy shooting.

That said, I have a few guns in the safe that I will never part with.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:55:55 PM EDT
I'm sentimental about my first duty weapon, a S&W Model 66. A great pistol that served me well. We had a lot of close calls but never had to drop the hammer. One of my kids will have it some day.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:09:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
I am a notorious horse trader when it comes to guns. I like to get a gun, shoot it for a while and trade it for something else. I enjoy trading almost as much as I enjoy shooting.

That said, I have a few guns in the safe that I will never part with.

im the same way. I get tired of shooting something or the ammo gets to be more then i can afford so I end up trading it for something else. I do have 2 guns I will never get rid of.

one is the old winchester 22 that my grandfather recieved as a birthday present when he was 12, the other is my NFA Uzi.
Top Top