Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:11:02 PM EDT
If you're not familiar with them, craigslist has one for every city.

I don't think I've seen a sadder collection of losers in my life.

There's two levels of pathetic behavior:

First, there's the "I saw you at the DMV: You SWF, blonde hair, about 25 years old. Me: SWM, 28, 6 feet tall, brown hair. We made eye contact several times. Would you like to get coffee some time?"

In this case, they're a person who was interested in somebody but didn't have the guts to talk to them. Now they're hoping that somehow this person stumbles across the craigslist 'missed connections' section and sees their ad.

Second, the most pathetic: "You were the cute redhead working the cash register at barnes and noble on main street yesterday. I was the guy with the book on live action role playing. You said it sounded interesting. Would you like to get together sometimg for coffee???"

Here, the poster not only blew his chance, he's so pathetic that he's placing an ad hoping the girl sees it WHEN HE KNOWS WHERE SHE WORKS!!! Get some freaking balls man, go back to the barnes and noble, chat her up and ask her out.

For you that don't visit craigslist, I recommend visiting the 'missed connections' site of your hometown area once a week or so. Because no matter how bad things may be in your life, you're not one of the losers posting the missed connection messages.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:16:44 PM EDT
Its hard to read one of those without getting the feeling they are desperate.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:20:05 PM EDT
Probably a lot of hookers and married people looking to have affairs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:21:51 PM EDT
There's an indy paper here that has one of those. Also has a really disturbing personals section...

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:23:26 PM EDT
Casual Encounters is more entertaining to read.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:24:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DDiggler:
Casual Encounters is more entertaining to read.

I've only ventured into that section a few times...felt like I needed a shower afterwards.

The thought of meeting up with a crazed, disease-ridden liberal from craiglist makes me want to
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:45:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TravisM1:
Its hard to read one of those without getting the feeling they are desperate.

desperate and sad.

You see someone somehwere and you want to pursue it further? TALK TO THEM YOU LOSER!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:52:20 PM EDT
but its great for finding an apt in NYC...
Top Top